Looking for nice acommodation near Alhama

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Looking for nice acommodation near Alhama

Postby John Beachcomber » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 pm

A few fishermen from Mojacar Angling Club are coming down to fish the Embalse de Bermehales soon and are looking for a suitable hotel close by for the night.Somewhere like Alhama looks about right.Ideally a nice hotel,maybe 3*** Ive seen ads for a Spa Bath Hotel but not being interested in all the facilities makes it look a little expensive.
Looking forward to some suggestions,John.

Susi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:16 am

The spa hotels you refer to are ok if you are looking for a sanitorium in the style of the Kellogs film starring Anthony Hopkins (don't know what it is called). I have had a tour around the treatment rooms and they look like medieval torture devices! However, the spa baths are worth seeing. The thermal baths in the river outside the hotel are free and well worth a soak.

Hotel wise I would suggest El Ventorro, just outside Alhama and right next to the dam of the river Alhama which leads to Bermejales. Tel. 958350438. Alternatively, and slightly further away, is the Hotel Maria Jose just of the A-92 in Moraleda de Zafayona. This is popular and cheap, rooms are under 40euros I believe. Tel. 958443733.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:53 pm

Thank you so much Susi,we have booked the former in Alhama and have quite a good deal I think.Single occupancy of double rooms inc breakfast for 25 Euros PP.Going fishing :lol: John.