GRANADA HOTELS

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Alyson L
Tourist

GRANADA HOTELS

Postby Alyson L » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi
I'm a newcomer to the Forum but have been checking out the excellent website. Just in the office now, daydreaming about my next holiday in Andalucia. Not till June tho :(
Hoping to finally get to the Alhambra this time. I know you need to book in advance - can you do it online and how far in advance would I need to book. We'll be in an apartment on Costa del Sol so will also want to book one night in Granada also. Can anyone recommend a nice inexpensive hotel/B&B and how soon should I think about booking?
Looking forward to practising the spanish I've been learning :!:
Alyson L
Andalucia aficionado

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:44 pm

You can book tickets here from UK, quite easily, I've been four times, and will probably go again!
https://w3.grupobbva.com/ALHAMBRA/alhambra/home.html
Re time scale, as soon as you can. The morning visits are most popular, and book out months in advance usually.
Re accommodation, we have never tried a pension, but we did there, it's recommended in Alistair Sawday's book, it's Hostal Suecia. It has it's own parking, which believe me, is a godsend. We found it very good for a few days. It's at the bottom of the hill below the Alhambra.
Hostal Suecia
Calle Molinos (Huerta de los Angeles) 8, Granada. Tel: 958 225044; fax: 958 225044
http://www.sawdays.co.uk/search/display ... eID=sp1154
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:46 pm

There is a hotel that is popular with 'short term' visitors to Granada whose main reason is to visit the Red One and that is The Hotel Guadalupe.
It is on the hill close to the entrance and you don't have far to go to get to the town or rather city as the mini bus that goes up and down the hill to the Plaza Nueva and the Cathedral is on your doorstep. You may need it in June !
Have a look at reviews in places like TripAdvisor etc.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:13 pm

Nige´s recommendation is certainly nearer, and very convenient, but it will be considerably more expensive than Suecia. If you are prepared to pay it, it will certainly save you some walking! And as he says, the mini bus is very convenient. I only suggested Suecia as you said "a nice inexpensive hotel/B&B" You could push the boat out and stay at Hotel America or the parador! :lol:
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Alyson L
Tourist

Postby Alyson L » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:40 pm

Frank & Nige - many thanks 4 your advice. Most helpful. Will have to look at budget b4 making a choice!
best regards
Alyson
Andalucia aficionado