Malaga airport car hire

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 am

frank wrote:You´re the expert Lad, so I´m sure you´re right, but would it be just possible to do this with someone like Carjet. For instance, I am pre registered (you can do it all easily online) they have all my passport and driving details already on the computer, so they don´t seem to need to see either. However, I always have them there, just in case,perhaps if you did not, they might need to see you have them without actually checking the details. But that´s the only possible way you could do it that I can see. But I´m not convinced! :-)
i´m not trying to cause argument, but two points to consider -

1. they may already have your details, but they wouldn´t have the second drivers, so would need to see their details / passport

2. it is illegal NOT to carry your documentation with you when driving ANY vehicle in spain.

busymum that sounds like a good deal that you got there ... Rent a car 3000, i´ve never heard of them, what car did you get / how much did it cost?

the only reason i was going on about getting their own car AND the hire car...was because of this -
busymum wrote:My husband and myself will drive to the airport in our car, he will then leave to pick up our son from school, I would then collect a hire car and wait for my friends, my friend doesn't want to drive, then I will drive the hire car and friends home. We would have a total of 6 passengers plus luggage and two cars for their visit.
so you collected a hire car and had 6 people and their luggage in it? i hope it was a mini bus / mpv !!
busymum wrote:I could collect from somewhere else off airport but they class this as 'one way' and so charge a premium for it!
the car hire places i suggested are not "off airport", i meant the ones opposite the san miguel factory. they are the main offices for the places in the airport, its where the cars come from if you "order" one from inside the airport.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi!

I got a Clio, not fantastic if you need to go up and down big hills (!) but it did us fine! I paid 70 euros for the hire, the car had petrol in it and I just had to leave the same amount in it a the end of the rental. I think they classed my rental period as 3 days but all the other companies I tried classed it as 4 days due to drop off and pick up times (flight arrivals and departures). The car also had the relevant triangles, bulbs and jackets in which we have found sadly lacking in other rental cars we have had in the past. I was impressed by their service and it certainly was free from hassle having the car delivered to my home. I would use them again if I need extra car space.

I still caused confusion didn't I!? I meant 6 passengers and luggage in total meaning 3 visitors from UK, myself, husband and son ..... hubby went direct to school to collect our son at 'home time'

I tried the places where you meant on the road before you get to the terminal but they still classed it as one way as I wanted to leave it on terminal at the end saving 'to-ing' and 'fro-ing' especially with the construction works going on! Perhaps they were trying to pull a fast one during low season! Also prices were 68 euros for the same rental period for the same class car and I would have to pay for a full tank of petrol which for a short rental would not have been used. I certainly felt the extra 2 euros were well worth it!

Busy, Busymum today!