Accomodation

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Blubba

Accomodation

Postby Blubba » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:16 am

Hello everyone, I'll be coming to live in the Cadiz area sometime after April I'll be looking for nice accomodation with a budget of 1000€ per month, I'm single, no pets or hang ups, does anyone know where I would start looking, thanks, Blubba.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:28 am

A healthy budget for the Chiclana area where you'll find online lots of villas for rent if you do a search.

Blubba

Postby Blubba » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:01 am

Thanks for the rapid response Lisa, I just need a two bed apartment or similar I don't need a garden, a pool would be nice though! where would you suggest I look, do you know any websites?

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Depends if you want a short or long term rent. The areas close to the sea at Barrosa make their money on July and August lets, so October is the time to get more reasonable long rentals there. Are you coming for work or a holiday? Are you looking for a town centre or beach? It's Lis not Lisa BTW :lol: I can message you some sites if you give me more details.

Blubba

Postby Blubba » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 pm

lis48 wrote:Depends if you want a short or long term rent. The areas close to the sea at Barrosa make their money on July and August lets, so October is the time to get more reasonable long rentals there. Are you coming for work or a holiday? Are you looking for a town centre or beach? It's Lis not Lisa BTW :lol: I can message you some sites if you give me more details.
I'm recently divorced with a healthy bank account but unemployed I just need somewhere to live and let live, basically I'm taking a year off, I've been in Cadiz before, years ago and loved it, now I want to go back, I've found a website called Kyero, is it any good?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:58 pm

I'm recently divorced with a healthy bank account
WOW! I offer my greatest respect to you. Or are you female?

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:23 pm

Blubba wrote:I'm recently divorced with a healthy bank account but unemployed I just need somewhere to live and let live, basically I'm taking a year off
Thats the way to do it, I hope where ever you go to chill out you have a great time, personally I would meet up with some of the members here and have a drink or two, or three and Im sure they'll steer you in the right direction on the area of your choice.

Cheers

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:14 pm

You'd probably prefer the life of a town rather than a country villa then. Why not book a hotel/hostel for a couple of weeks in El Puerto de Santa Maria or Cadiz, and then look in the local paper/agencies once you've sussed out what areas you like? The lets on the net tend to be summer lets or long term lets to English people looking eventually to buy. I would think you would get much more choice once you've arrived. You could get a gorgeous 2 bed appartment in the centre of Cadiz or one near the sea and with a communal pool in El Puerto for that price. Or look at Rota as lots of other americans there.

Blubba

Postby Blubba » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:14 pm

lis48 wrote:You'd probably prefer the life of a town rather than a country villa then. Why not book a hotel/hostel for a couple of weeks in El Puerto de Santa Maria or Cadiz, and then look in the local paper/agencies once you've sussed out what areas you like? The lets on the net tend to be summer lets or long term lets to English people looking eventually to buy. I would think you would get much more choice once you've arrived. You could get a gorgeous 2 bed appartment in the centre of Cadiz or one near the sea and with a communal pool in El Puerto for that price. Or look at Rota as lots of other americans there.
Thanks for the tips Lis48, btw I'm Irish!

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Failte romhat a Blubba.

Mhic.

Blubba

Postby Blubba » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:06 pm

mhic wrote:Failte romhat a Blubba.

Mhic.

I moved from Wexford at the age of four, so my Irish Gaelic is non existent but how about Tã ãthas orm bualadh leat??

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:22 pm

Blubba wrote:Tã ãthas orm bualadh leat??
Mucho gusto to you too. I always enjoy visiting Cadiz town itself. But there are other places around that you may not know ? I am thinking about El Puerto de Santa Maria across the bay. This is very heaving in July/August but at other times it's a nice town with good communications to everywhere. You can certainly rent a nice apartment within your budget.