Calahonda

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
LLOYD

Calahonda

Postby LLOYD » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:25 pm

Hi we are going to a timeshare apartment in Calahonda in July/Aug 2006.
I have been unable to find any info in any tourist guides about the town.
We have been to Benalmadena before. I would be grateful for any info/advice. We have a 17 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son. Are there any good pubs/ entertainment or attractions?

Thanks. :)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:48 am

calahonda is like being in england with the sun. loads to do and you dont need to speak any spanish. not everybodys cup of tea but if you liked benalmadena you will like calahonda.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:54 am

Calahonda is not a town it`s a very English Urbanisation half way between Marbella and Fuengirola. Yes it has load of very English entertainment on what they call the strip. Don`t know much more as I don`t go anywhere near the place.
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

LLOYD

Postby LLOYD » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:21 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If any one can recommend any good pubs or restaurants that would be great.

alisonb
Resident

Calahonda

Postby alisonb » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:17 am

You won't have a problem finding plenty of resaurants. Calahonda is full of them. THere's the El Zoco centre just off the N340 which has got every sort of restaurants in the middle (including Alan's fish and chips - range made in Rochdale!). Over the road on the beach side in front of Dona Lola there are a few restaurants. There are some nice (if a bit overpriced) just down the road at Cabopino. It's also worth a ride into La Cala. Nice beach, lots of restaurants and good Saturday morning market last time I was there. I agree that it's very British, but I've had a few holidays there, and always had a good time. There's loads to do, and plenty of places to go
Have a good time
Alison
AlisonB

lorraine
Andalucia.com Amigo

Calahonda

Postby lorraine » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Having holidayed close to Calahonda for the past 4 years, I would say to keep a teenager occupied, you will need to drive!!!!!!!!!!!! Although there are restaurants etc in the area the more exciting places are in Fuengirola, (nightmare to drive in and suggest park in harbour) or head off to Puerto Banus, with the obvious expense etc. we had an apartment on miraflores which is next to Calahonda and loved the Aztec Club, easy to find once on the estate, they have heated pool , tennis, online computers!!!!!!!! all teenagers want them , an american diner downstairs and upstairs a fab italian restaurant, we have eaten there many times and always enjoyed it, also the Miraflores Golf Club, they have a fab restaurant which we have all enjoyed, if heading to Puerto Banus, our teenage son loves Jacks, this is obviously reasonably priced, but also food very good,. Along the coast you can find the beach of Elviria, we love it, its a very desert island type beach which you would not expect to find , and the Laurel Restaurant ( check the price before ordering) is great too. Good Luck, holidays with teenagers, well not really a holiday is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!