seville bus

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

seville bus

Postby surfjabroni » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:48 pm

hi
i need to get from chicana to sevilla by bus. and then to Teatro de la Maestranza.
Is there a direct bus from Chiclana? Or do i have to go chiclana-cadiz and take another??then in sevilla anyone know how far the theatre is? walkable? taxi??
I have had a look on the web and will ask in the bus station but was hoping someone might have something on here as well!
thanks!!
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:23 pm

COMES runs some direct services but not sure if they run first to Cadiz or not. look at the website www.tgcomes.es and you will see some times. Fare one way is under 10 Es.
I suppose you could take the first bus to Puerto Real or San Sebastian the get a train but this requires local knowlege !
The bus gets in to the Prado de San Sebastian bus station which is across the road from the rear of the Alcazar. If you look on a map, the quickest route would be to head for the Cathedral then across Constitucion road to the Maestranza theatre.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:29 pm

http://tinyurl.com/fv576
That should open a Yellow Pages map centred on the Maestranza Theatre. If you scroll upwards past the cathedral and Alcazar, you should see where the Bus Station at San Sebastian is.

Walking would take about 20 minutes if you wnet directly.

surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

sevilla

Postby surfjabroni » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:45 am

thanks Nige, top information!
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:47 pm

bus to Puerto Real or San Sebastian
Presumably you mean San Fernando there not San Sebastian for the train station, Nige. I would have thought bus to Puerto Real and then train is the easiest option and times are all on the Renfe site. San Fernando would be going back on yourself and wasting time.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:27 pm

I always muddle my Sebastians with Fernandos. A little habit I have got into. :oops: Thanks for that LIS. You are a star.
Tell me, as a matter of interest, is the bus station at Puerto Real next to the railway station?

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:40 pm

To be honest Nige, I didn't even know that Puerto Real had a bus station! It has such a small heart tho is large in terms of population because of the modern commuter belt. All I have ever seen there is the railway station with a 5 minute walk to the beach. We did a tapas evening there the other day and you can walk round the centre in half an hour. I much prefer it to San Fernando which is more spread out. As far as I know buses just stop outside the train station in the big plaza. It does have a tourist info centre on the beach which presumably you could email to check.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:51 am

I checked with Puerto Real Town Hall yesterday and they say they don't have a bus station. Direct non stop buses from Chiclana all stop outside the railway station. Non direct slower stopping buses stop a couple of blocks away but within easy walking distance. Hope that helps.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 am

Useful to know about the bus stops at Puerto Real LIS. If the train is used to Seville, the stop before Santa Justa called San Bernardo is the easiest to alight from. It's just up the road from the Plaza San Sebastian.