How to find out about local/not so local events

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
aligato
Andalucia.com Amigo

How to find out about local/not so local events

Postby aligato » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:37 pm

Last year the tourist offices had free, quite lavishly produced guides (in English and Spanish) of what was on in the whole of Andalucia for that month. The publication was "Que Hacer". They have stopped doing them now and our local Tourist office isn't at all clued up.

My question is - How do you find what is on? The sort of events as well as Santa Semana processions I am after are the traditional horse shows like the one in Oct at Salar or the Goat fest at V. de Tapia in the summer (May?)

Is there a Junta De Andalucia website with this info on??

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:46 pm

I don't know if there's a website but I have found the tourist office in Torremolinos to be very helpful, it's next to the "Policia Nationale" building and they have some very good info there (in English) about what's happening in the region, I've found it a very useful place to go and get info!

chicdiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

What's on in Andalucia

Postby chicdiz » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:28 pm

I don't know where El Poniente is but what's on guide for the Province of Cadiz can be found at www.guiadecadiz.com. Maybe you could google "guiade....and your Province and see what comes up.

Good luck.

aligato
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aligato » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:16 pm

Thanks have tried that and it certainly helps. Found www.pocketguia.es for example.

El Poniente is the Western part of Granada province so we actually border Malaga and Cordoba provinces as well. Quite handy.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:07 pm

No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.