Hotels in Ronda

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Nell
Tourist

Hotels in Ronda

Postby Nell » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Urgently seeking recommendation for a nice hotel (min 3 star) in Ronda for a special occasion staying 20-22 April 2006. San Gabriel is full. Any suggestions??
Oh, and any I should really avoid??

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:23 pm

We stayed outside Ronda last week, we have stayed there before, and will be there again in May, so not to up to date on hotels in town. We prefer to be outside town, but when we have stayed in town, we have stayed here three times, so it figures we like it! Alavera de los Baños
http://www.andalucia.com/alavera/
You can read what Trip Advisor says, they seem to like it.
Owners are nice people, Christian is German, his wife, Spanish. Rooms are small, and as the name suggests, it´s right next door to Los Baños Árabes, we means a heck of a climb up to town.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:31 pm

That looks great Frank, what I don't recommend is the reina Victoria, its an ok place but they never seem to have any hot water.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:40 pm

katy wrote:That looks great Frank, what I don't recommend is the reina Victoria, its an ok place but they never seem to have any hot water.
They are lovely people Katy, and that makes a big difference I think. Nothing is too much trouble. But as I say, it's a near vertical hike up to town.
But you can always take the car, and leave it in the underground carpark, always room there in the evenings!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:08 pm

hi nell :D
know the area really well as we live in cortes.
parador de ronda very good and comfortable but can lack a lirrle atmosphere.
acinipo very good as is the montelerio.....all of these are in ronda.
molino del santo in benaojan which is 5+ mins drive away has a wonderful position and the food etc excellent. i also have a neighbour who recommends la cazalla which is also a few mins outside ronda.
have a great time!! ha luego 8)
is the sun over the yardarm yet ?