Car/parking Question

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
karinothing

Car/parking Question

Postby karinothing » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:20 pm

I am looking to travel from Tarifa to Tangiers for an overnight trip. I was wondering if there is a place to park near the ferries in Tarifa where I can leave me car overnight. Thanks for the help!

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:36 am

When we went overnight last year, we just parked in the ferry terminal. No probs at all though we did arrive a bit early to assure a spot under a light. Most people do just that. It's well worth going overnight as hasslers only seem to work a 10 to 4 day and you see a different side to Tangiers.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:26 am

Tangiers is fantastic but we did go on an organised trip with a tour guide who managed to fairly successfully keep the hasslers at bay. We were advised to just say a friendly but firm no thank you and they should technically give up more or less immediately and it usually worked.

The belt boy at the camel ride area was so charming though. Especially when my husband had to go chasing after him to buy the belt which he had previously refused but was so grateful for after his camel 'tipped' him off. Belt boy laughingly trippled his price but settled for double, it was like somehow he knew it was going to happen.

karinothing

Thanks!

Postby karinothing » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:19 pm

Thank you! That sounds great.