Granada visit

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
madass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Granada visit

Postby madass » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:26 pm

Hello its me again. You were all so helpful with how to book my trip now I am hoping you can help me with another problem!!!!! How easy is it to find we will be traveling from Malaga area on A92, from the A92 onto the A329 joinng up with the Avenida De Andalucia need help from here to find a car park near to where we catch the little red bus. Thanks in anticipation Lynne & John

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:30 pm

you cant really drive and park easily in the old town center. But you can drive directly to the Alhambra car park. Just follow the signs on the ringroad. It will take you all around the town and into a big car park next to the Alhambra.

Then take the little bus down to the center and walk around, do stuff and then go back up to collect your car.

madass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby madass » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 pm

thanks for that but will we be on the correct road for the ring road?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:19 pm

Yes!

If you are travelling from Malaga and go north to take up the A92 that runs from Sevilla to Granada and then turn right (for Granada) it will take you about an hour of reasonable driving to get to Granada.

The Alhambra is signposted BRILLIANTLY from the A92 and keeps on being signposted every few driving minutes (it seems like it anyway). What will happen is that you will go AROUND Granada in an anticlockwise direction on very easy roads with drivers behaving themselves because every other car is also looking for the Alhambra.

You just follow the signposts. You will eventually (twenty minutes or so) go through a tunnel and up the hill and ... there is the car park.

Trust me. It is the only place I have ever been in Spain where the signposting is totally faultless and drivers are sensible.

madass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby madass » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:39 am

Well we finaly made it on Monday it was quite straight forward apart from the fact that most of the roads were dug up.( I thought it was Britain that was a nation of hole diggers) We had a brilliant day I would recommend it to anyone its well worth a visit. But would stress wear sensible shoes and take a hat.
Thanks again for your help.