Getting home for Christmas

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
skychick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Getting home for Christmas

Postby skychick » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:23 pm

Hey,
I'd like to get back to any London airport over Christmas, I'm based in Seville.
However, what with BA stopping flights to Gatwick, and the Ryanair flight getting very late (so no trains) I'm a bit stuck.
I was thinking of getting the train to Malaga to catch a flight from there, but according to the Renfe site there are not trains around the 20th/21st/22nd December onwards from Seville to Malaga.

Does anyone know what is happening with the trains?
Any advice would be appreciated!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Skychick - I believe this is just a problem with advance info on the website......seems to be limited to 60 days in advance, none of the other lines provide train times/details beyond this.

I'd suggest avisit to a travel agent or the station itself for further info.

Gus

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

seville to gatwick

Postby pilgrim » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:07 am

Our sons often need to connect with trains at Gatwick so we use Monarch from Faro to Gatwick as an alternative.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:22 am

Monarch have some flights from Granada to Gatwick which get in at 20.30 eg 21st Dec.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:19 pm

I've never been able to buy RENFE tickets more than two months in advance even at the station itself and last time I was even told to come back 6 weeks before to purchase them. They won't guarantee trains that far ahead so as to be flexible unlike UK which allows bookings then changes the times.