Postal method for passport

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Andalucia Guru

Re: Postal method for passport

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

In order not to fall foul of the dreaded ADC automatic censor I think you will need to to write Frigiliana in full rather than just the first four letters (think about it).

Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm

:-D :-D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 am

After a number of phone calls last night and this morning they will now go to my chosen pick up point at the petrol station on the Frigiliana Road. Why on this occasion it did not give me the option of choosing a pick up point close to me I don't know, but I got there eventually.

Not having a proper address for deliveries can be a pain sometimes as I always seem to have difficulties. Thank goodness that use the local post office as a collection point ..... I can collect my parcels whilst checking my PO Box!! (Something I ordered from them last Friday arrived yesterday and postage was only 2.99€.)

Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Applied for, and got, a passport renewal for my wife.
Just under 3 weeks from posting to receiving the new one.
Very easy now as it is all online.
Got updates from the time they received the old passport until they dispatched the new one.
hen got very detailed updates , via DHL, of it's progress from the UK to delivery here in Spain.
The DHL online system showed it could be collected from their Malaga depot but the option to choose a local drop off point had been greyed out.
However, got a phone call from the DHL driver to meet him at our local Cepsa fuel station.
So all in all a very easy, but slightly expensive, process.
Gerry Harris

Return to “Living in Andalucia”