Supersol

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Laslomas
Resident

Supersol

Postby Laslomas » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:47 pm

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Supersol? I have searched on supersol.es and hipersol and all kinds of other variations.
Today in the Supersol in Nerja, where I have shopped every week for 4 years, I was told that they will not accept a Notorised copy of my passport as i.d. Has anyone else had this problem? I want to write to the Head Office but cannot find a website.
I wonder is this a fallout from the change in the necessity for residencia.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:25 pm

A number of stores officially insist on original documents.

In the absence of the "old" residents card a photocard driving licence is the best option if you have one.

Sid

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:34 pm

I have a Spanish 'old style' pink card driving licence with photo - would that be acceptabe?
I am begining to wonder why I queued and paid money for a notorised copy that would be "acceptable in place of the original" only to be told that Supersol do not recognise this. BUT - they have accepted it for the last 10 months without query. What I want to do is ask Supersol Head Office why they have changed the rules. So I am trying to find a website.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:01 pm

Laslomas wrote:I have a Spanish 'old style' pink card driving licence with photo - would that be acceptabe?
I can't see why not - that's what most people still have as the plastic licence was only introduced quite recently.

Sid

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:23 pm

I understand that SuperSol is owned by a Dutch Company called Ahold who are desperately trying to sell them off! Don´t know why.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:28 am

We have had our passport unformation page [the page with all your details and photograph] reduced and laminated to credit card size and Supersol accept this. Damned good idea as it saves you carrying your passport everywhere. It cost us 6E and took about 30 minutes. Got it done in Alhaurin el Grande.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:01 am

............."Got it done in Alhaurin el Grande".

Where was that?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:19 pm

just use my UK photo driving licence. I

In fact last month i once used my driving licence as id but mistakenly used my wife's UK debit card for the whole month, with weekly shops at supersol! No probs in July.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:18 am

Easy answer - don't shop in Supersol - it's very expensive, too!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:22 am

detourer wrote:............."Got it done in Alhaurin el Grande".

Where was that?
probably in the gestoria at the top of the one way bit, opposite allmost where connecta4 used to be, next door ish to litebites ??

they are particuraly helpful in there.

DecorDiva
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DecorDiva » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:06 pm

I got fed up carrying round my official ID as it kept being stolen so I got my passport reduced and laminated about 4 years ago, however lots of shops now refuse that form of ID so back to driving licence which seems acceptable everywhere. :D

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:57 pm

Photocopying and reducing a passport and using it as an ID can be considered forgery and is a criminal offence.

The only acceptable solution is to have a notarised copy, even then it may not be acceptable in certain circumstances.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:50 pm

pigs-might-fly wrote:Easy answer - don't shop in Supersol - it's very expensive, too!
I shop in Supersol if I am unable to get to Supercor but I always use cash so have no problem with having to prove my identity.

DecorDiva
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DecorDiva » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:09 am

First time I had my reduced and shrink wrapped passport refused was in 2003 in El Campo in La Canada, they were one of the first retailers to clamp down on this sort of ID, have to say thought it was a good thing as you say they could easily be forged and I have been well and truly on the receiving end of forged paperwork :?

twoyorkie
Tourist

Postby twoyorkie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Regarding ID....After having my passport/cards/wallet stolen in Leroy Merlin 2005 I decided to make my own ID saying "Identification and assurance cards for :-" Laminated it and it Looks OK and I have been queried 3 times in the last 3 years .....but always let through " I even used it at my bank.......it has NIF and address and a photo....... Ignorance is bliss and most checkouts in Spain are Muchas Tranquilo".. :P :P :P 8) :shock: :) :D :evil: :idea:

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Photocopying and reducing a passport and using it as an ID can be considered forgery and is a criminal offence.
Well whoop di doo. How very sad. And how **** is that attiitude. It is surely THE safest way to carry incontrovertible evidence of ID and IMHO anyone who carries their 'original' passport as a matter of course wants their head testing.
I have an easy answer to this.....(and have carried the very same for the last four years)..if a store doesn't want to accept this as ID then...wait for it....I don't want to give them my money -- or credit, as the case may be.
In actual fact, I have found that a photo driving licence is ample in any supermarket (including Supersol) and the laminated cc-sized passport page sufficient for most contracts (including Vodafone).
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

twoyorkie
Tourist

Postby twoyorkie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 pm

sorry tjtops.........what was the sad attitude......are we going back a few blogs or directing that comment locally ...
I think that the requirements of carrying all vehicle documents in the car a stupid travisty and will cause more problems for the authorities and the owners (knowing the normal paper bagging and faxing of the Spanish legislation)....and don't bang on about "oh you shouldn't be here"crap because I love it ...........3 basura collections a week.....30% less cost of living....sun ....well I know where i'm best off... and Journalists who disappear if to critical Ha Ha ... :lol: :lol:

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:11 pm

ermm.....am I missing something here Yorkie??? I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about...!!!!
My comment about how sad, etc, was directed (if you look at the source of the quote) at the fact that taking sensible precautions to provide a legitimate form of ID is apparently against the law ....the rest of your post....well maybe you could explain????

twoyorkie
Tourist

Postby twoyorkie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:19 pm

OK understood about the origional blog ........I went on to rant about silly juristiction regarding vehicle docs etc.....and just liking Spain......

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 am

and Journalists who disappear if to critical Ha Ha ...
Well we all feel like a rant from time to time, but what on earth did this mean then??? And ftr did I say I didn't like Spain??? er....no!!!