i need some decent kennels.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

i need some decent kennels.

Postby princess peach » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi,i have two dogs(one a puppy)and the pup has been rather poorly since we had him,kennel cough,bronchitus,then pneumonia which nearly killed him.I hope to go home at xmas to uk,but i have had bad experiences in the past with leaving my dog in the local kennels-One was a vets /kennels,which we inspected before hand.(apart from the fact upon leaving the kennels after 10 days my dog was hosed down with freezing cold hose pipe water,in dec)the vet had said "he has just had a bath"my husband saw the hose being dragged across the court yard(my dog came out half wet and filthy)he couldnt lie down properly and slept sat up with his head inches from the floor,for approx 2 days-which indicates to me he had been tied up for 10 days,unable to sleep lying down.Anyway,I now have the two dogs,and with the puppy having been particularly poorly,i need someone i can trust that will call the vets instantly,if he shows any signs of the problem re-occuring.
Does anyone know of any decent kennels around la linea -duquesa area.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:16 pm

I will PM you.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:02 pm

Teresita near Iznate is very good.

The owner (who lives on site) dotes on the dogs and you can turn up unannounced to look around (during opening hours).

The place is kept spotlessly clean and my dog has always been happy to go there. She is always settled when she arrives home too.

Another thing to consider is having house sitters to look after them.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 pm

I have considered house sitters,but to have someone i didnt know in my home...dont think i would be too keen!
I have also been recommended the kennels at san roque,i think i will have to have an inspection. :roll: