I Waited 6 Months for a Passport...R.I.P.Rasta.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

I Waited 6 Months for a Passport...R.I.P.Rasta.

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:40 pm

Yes,
I had to wait 6 months for a passport, all of the forms were duly completed and dispatched, and then I got a letter to say that I had to attend for a medical. So I attended the clinic and I had a light shone down my ears and throat, and had to give a blood sample...And the next thing I had to endure was so embarrassing I wasn't really going to tell you, but ok I'll tell you.....I had a thermometer stuck up my bum, how awful, I didn't know what to do with myself.....Anyway it had to be done , but then they told me that I would have to go to this hotel type place and wait for 6 months, well it was worth it and I got full board while I was there and even put some weight on, and I got chance to go on some great walks....
Oh dear I have forgotten to introduce myself...My name is Rasta, and I am a Spanish Street Dog, rescued by my new Mum and Dad...Mr and Mrs Benidorm...Perhaps, if I may, tell you my story....

Well it seems like it was in another life, but in reality it wasn't that long ago......I was sat outside a bar , feeling very dejected, I hadn't had much to eat for nearly a week, and I'd just managed to grab some scraps in the bar, before I was 'booted out'....I was feeling so low that I didn't feel like living any longer, and was contemplating running out in front of the next truck, that came by....
Then I looked up and saw this Lady standing over me , offering me some food, I couldn't understand what she was saying it was in a foreign language, anyway I thought..what have I got to lose, and I tucked into the food...I felt so much better and this kind lady stroked my head, and I could tell that she was being nice to me.....And then I realised that there was a man with her , and suddenly he bent down and picked me up and we walked towards their car, I didn't struggle, after all I really didn't have anything better to do...did I ?
We set off in the car and I was on the back seat , on a lovely clean , thick blanket, oh it was heaven...and I was so tired I quickly fell asleep, I don't know how long I slept, but all of a sudden the kind man was lifting me up, and we were going into their house....
The last time I had been in a house was with my first Mum and Dad, but they threw me out on the streets for messing on the rug, it was an accident, but they were very angry....Anyway I don't want to remember them any more...
The first night I slept in their kitchen in a lovely warm basket, no flies or drunks bothering me, it was bliss...In the morning I was dying for a pee, but I wasn't going to make the same mistake again, and I stood up and tried to cross my legs, it didn't work and I ended up in a heap on the floor, but just then my new Dad came in and took me for a walk......I'd never been for a walk like this before , and I trotted contentedly along with my Dad, and had a little pee on each lamp post and tree that we passed, it was great.!
So sorry I'm rambling a bit, it is just so good to tell my story....Later that day my Mum bathed me and trimmed all of my tatty fur off, I felt fantastic...
So to cut a long story short I'm now in England staying with my Brother while my Mum and Dad are doing a lot of travelling, and I've made friends with lots of other dogs and even some cats.....I always chased the Gatos before, but now I just make friends with them....My Mum calls the Gatos ..p---y cats and my Dad calls them moggies, he said that a gato is a big cream cake, not a cat, oh it's all very confusing, but at least I can speak some English now....
I'm looking forward to going back to Spain , in my Mum and Dads car, and I'd love to go and meet some of my old mates on the streets and see how they are doing.....I was just wondering if any of you could help some of my mates, they would love to have a new home like me, and even if you can't do that, please take them some food, I know that they would be so grateful....And don't forget the Gatos...sorry I mean moggies , they need homes and food also....
It is such a lonely life out there on the streets, I do hope that you can help them.....Some of my mates have got temporary homes in Animal Sanctuary's, lovely people looking after them, but a permanent home would be so much better, anyway I know that you will do what you can....
So it's time for my din din's, so I'll have to love you and leave you, I'll try and catch up with you all again, sometime...did I tell you that I love my new Mum and Dad so much........
Lots of LLLLLL ( licks ), Be kind...Rasta the Ex Street Dog....
Last edited by BENIDORM on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:49 pm

:lol: im so relieved,i thought,oh no...what sort of passport has this guy been applying for!
...I had a thermometer stuck up my bum, how awful, I didn't know what to do with myself.....Anyway it had to be done , but then they told me that I would have to go to this hotel type place and wait for 6 months
Your story is very sad :cry: ,and very lovely. :D

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Benidorm, that's a lovely story. Can I steal it please and see if it can be printed in PAWS next quarterly magazine? They're trying to keep 6 dogs prepared at any one time now to be available for re-homing in the UK so this would be a great story to help promote that. Promise I'll send you a copy if they print it :D

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Cassandra,
You are very welcome to use the little story if it will help, I'm sure that Rasta won't mind...He has written some more stories of his exploits, perhaps I will post them sometime.. :wink:

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks Bendidorm :D If you want to pm me with your name I'll make sure you get the credit if it's used, promise I won't tell anyone else :wink:

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Lots of LLLLLL ( licks ), Be kind...Rasta the Ex Street Dog....
Come on Cassandra, can't you read? It was RASTA who wrote it. :lol: :lol:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Correct Senor Hopes....

Cassandra
.His full name is Rasta Paco Manuel Miguel Antonio Juan Jose Eduardo Fernando Benidorm The Third..... :D

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:05 pm

OK, just didn't want to get accused of plagiarism somewhere down the line Image

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Excellent read thanks :lol:

scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:20 pm

Thank you Rasta for that inspiring story. I wish you well in your new home. Your English is very good!

Give my best wishes to your Mum and Dad. They have done a wonderful thing!

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:21 pm

Does the dog resemble Dougal?...............how silly of the vet with the thermometer not to notice it was gummy :shock:

If I were a stray dog I'd be giving you a wide berth, I'd rather be eating stale serano than having a mecury filled tube thrust up me bottle :wink:

Kenny

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Blimey I read that or rather scanned that rather than actually absorbing the whole contents, and nearly had a coronary. I am just in the process of applying for a new passport.

So glad I managed to read it fully thins time round :oops:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:52 pm

Kenny,
Strangely enough Rasta does resemble Dougal, that's how he got the name Rasta, but I don't think he would agree with you about eating stale serrano... :lol:
Rasta has had a great time today, racing around on the beach, really crazy, anyway he sends his regards to everyone...
:wink:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Nice one :wink:

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Can I ask what beach that was on then 'cos there are no dog friendly beaches near me. :(

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:13 pm

Costapacket..
.It was Scarborough, and most beaches allow dogs on them after September, there are areas that are dog friendly all year, if you know where to look...By the way we also take are poopscoops with us, even on the beaches..
:wink:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:45 pm

It makes me laugh...raw sewage floating in the sea but god forbid if a dog cr*ps on the beach!!! :roll:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Raw sewage is indeed vile but dogs fouling the beach is just as unacceptable wouldn't you say :?

Pity all owners don't follow Beni's example and then nobody could complain.

Kenny

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 pm

How do you know if you are allowed to take dogs on the beach after September? Does it say so on the signs? Around here they all just say no dogs :( I would love to take mine on the beach but I'm too scared someone will tell me off! :roll:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:49 pm

I absolutely agree Kenny it is completely unacceptable to allow dogs to cr*p on the beach, I just find it funny that the Spanish authorities don't allow dogs on the beach but find it acceptable to allow children or anybody to swim in human excrement....that will not include my children!!! :shock: