Malaga Christmas lights

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alaninspain
Resident

Malaga Christmas lights

Postby alaninspain » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:42 pm

According to a report in the Sur in English it looks likes the Xmas lights in Malaga may not be turned on until the 15th of December. Environmental concerns and also cost cutting seem to be winning in Spain.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:54 pm

Quite right too :)

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Hmmmm.....I could think of 100's of other ways of savings that would 'save' much more :?
I think 'Christmas' is special and love all that goes with it....lights...crackers...prezzies...prezzies and more prezzies :roll: Our 'lights' were 'officially' turned on here last weekend....big ceremony the two of us with champagne glasses raised :wink:
I am 'importing' my Xmas stars to ES....(other topic) as I just could not quite find anything online as suitable :!: You will, no doubt recognise us on arrival in Malaga...we are the 'odd couple' with the Xmas stars hanging over our shoulders :lol: :lol: :lol:
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:03 am

i think that is a shame but i understand the reasons. we are over on the 30th for a few days and the lights are one of best bits about malaga at this time of year. i think revenue wise malaga will lose more than it saves on electric. alot of people travel into malaga for the lights.

i have just looked on the webcam for calle larios and there are no lights up yet.

julian
Andalucia Guru

lights

Postby julian » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:11 pm

the reason for delaying turning on the lights is not to save money on the electric bill, it is for "green" reasons

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:38 pm

That's shame, although we live in Malaga I only take the kids to see the Christmas lights during Puente, guess it will be just churros and chocolate and no lights then this year..

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:41 pm

The 23rd of December is more than early enough for christmas lights.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.