Motorhome Sales - Seville - Huelva

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Motorhome Sales - Seville - Huelva

Postby karandjon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:38 pm

Does anyone know of any Motorhome (second-hand) dealers around the Seville/Cordoba/Huelva/Badajoz area?

Thanks

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Don't know any dealers but know of this Second Hand popular web site with ideas for Segundo Mano Caravanas in Sevilla area. http://www.segundamano.es

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:07 pm

I´m pretty sure there´s a motorhome dealer right beside the motorway to Sevilla airport (from the Sevilla direction).

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:51 pm

and one on the road from Corria del Rio up towards Seville,on the right hand side, you cant miss it they are all parked next to the main road

Heston
Resident

motorhome dealers

Postby Heston » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:03 pm

There is a large one on the motril road out of Granada has lots maybe worth a little drive

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi Karen
just a quick note, you woud be better going to Germany to buy .
Take a look at www.mobile.de
Ill chat to you about it tomorrow
or www.motorhomesonline.co.uk
but germany or belguim will get you more for your money
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Many thanks for the replies.

Hillybilly - can you give me a bit more info on the one towards the airport as we´ve been that way a few times (from huelva direction) and cant recall seeing one? We´re thinking of going and taking a look tomorrow.

Pilgrim, also, do you have any further info as I dont know where corria del rio is and cant see it on my map.

Many thanks

Karen

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:23 am

Karen, take the senic route, it is a must, beautiful for wildlife and birds,the rice fields, a couple of hidden restaruants (open at lunch times only), a good garden centre for garden furniture and things, just one problem I am usless at giving directions!! At Villamanrique take the Isla Mayor Road signposted on the roundabout comming in from Pilas - if comming from Hinojos straight over roundabout at garage pass El Gato restuarant on the right left at next roundabout continue along this road to next roundabout here Isla Mayor is sign posted 2nd exit follow road to end approx 3miles, turn left, approx another 3miles after the big right hand bend about a mile there is a turning on the left unsign posted and slightly hidden, takes you through to the lake and ricefields at the end of this road carry straight on to Venta Cruz (ok for a coffee)straight on again to Seville not Isla Mayor) this brings you to Puelblo del Rio continue on this road to Coria Del Rio and continue alongtowards Seville on the left are lots of car show rooms, the motorhome place is on the right somewhere?? if you have time and the weather is good its nice to sit by the river and have coffee, there is a ferry across the river here and fresh fish for sale early in the moring.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:02 pm

I think the one nr Sevilla airport is visible only when returning from the airport ie heading back in to Sevilla, it´s then on your right hand side.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm

well, many thanks Pilgrim and Hillybilly for your info.

we have just got back from a lovely day out viewing these dealerships.

Pilgrim, thank you especially for the detailed info on the scenic route - it certainly was that. Was a beautiful ride. (stopping also for coffee at the Venta Cruce). Had lunch at Pueblo del Rio. The ricefields and lake were spectacular. There were a lot of people in the forestry with hand-baskets, seemingly searching the ground and collecting something. We are intrigued as to what these might be. We did think Caracolas but we havent had any rain and havent seen any ourselves. Does anyone know what it they could be collecting?

Anyway, thank you once again, and Pilgrim, if you have any other good itineries this way, please let me know :wink: It was a lovely day out.

Karen

julian
Andalucia Guru

setas

Postby julian » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:46 pm

they are maybe collecting setas

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Ah, Good thinking.I never thought of that. I must admit i have seen mushrooms inbetween the pinetrees, but the ones i´ve seen dont look the "normal" edible type. Maybe I should try one..... :D

Julie
Andalucia Guru

mushrooms

Postby Julie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Just be careful, some mush are seriously poisonous LOL
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:33 am

Glad you enjoyed your trip, this is one we regularly make for got to mention but above the lake is Europe's biggest breeding ground for Storks and is great to see, I think about from March onwards? I would not pick the mushrooms, the locals don't. They go more for the nuts, they look a bit like an acorn only longer, and a plant where they strip off all the leaves and are left with a stalk.........and but this might be the same wild asparagus. For other trips John Butler's widow will be publishing his 2nd book in the not too distant future which he completed just before he died. It will be called A Bird Watching Guide to Donana (I think thats the name)which has lots of information about Donana whether you are a bird watcher or not. His previous book has detailed maps of places you might not normally find from Huelva down to the Costa Del Sol, so I am hoping this will be the same for Donana in the new book.(I have the last few remaining copies of his old book that have been ordered and have a few spares left over if you are interested inone PM me.

Don

Postby Don » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Pilgrim, yes please. Meaning a copy of book 1 and if poss a copy of book 2 when it comes out, por favor.