How much is car tax and how do you pay it

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
scampicat
Resident

Postby scampicat » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 am

Ours is also a 1.9 diesel, we pay 79E.

Apparently in the UK it would be £250 :shock: - it's not a 4x4 Chelsea Tractor, just a perfectly ordinary Seat Alhambra (people carrier)!

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:48 am

There is a website www.prpmalaga.es - for comparing the tariffs see

http://www.prpmalaga.es/web/tasasivtm/tasasivtm.html

You can pay over the internet or have the bill paid direct debit to make life easier for you.
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:37 pm

We just checked with some friends who live in Mijas - they receive a reminder every year! Do you live in a very remote part Alan?
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Babby, do you know if there is a site like that for Huelva Province? I cant seem to find one.

Many thanks

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:58 pm

When we lived in Hinojos and bought our son a moped and hubby a motor bike we were told the tax was included. When we did not receive a tax notice the following year we went to the ayuntmiento in Hinojos to discover the tax had never been paid so we had to pay for 2 years and a a 2 euro fine for late payment :D Now we are in Sevilla we have to look for notices stuck up around the village and in the local banks as seems its a bit hit and miss as to whether you receive notification that its due.

rymanskid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rymanskid » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Babby like Alan I come under Mijas and dont get a bill ,, went down the other week to local office and payed last years tax ,,told to pay 2008 in April ,, and I live in town not the campo.
Better flat broke in first class then hard up in second class

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:44 pm

We just checked with some friends who live in Mijas - they receive a reminder every year! Do you live in a very remote part Alan?
No; La Cala is hardly remote.

Apart from my own experience, I wonder why the weekly council newspaper, under Municipal Services, says " In Mijas bills are not sent out?"

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Sue C
Tourist

Re: How much is car tax and how do you pay it

Postby Sue C » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:45 pm

Martin, we taxed our Ford Fiesta lst year (1.4) and it cost us 67€. There is an office is one of the side roads in Chiclana (1st turning on the left as you have walked over the bridge into town) that you go to with all your car documents and just queue to pay either by cash or credit card. we do not get reminders as we do not have a postal address and use our local Venta for post and as that is different from the address on the documents, no reminder is sent. Tax is paid for in advance and is due on the 1st January but no one pays it then, the cut off date is the middle of May, hence the long queues!! You get a stamped receipt which you should keep with the rest of your car documents just in case the Guardia decide to flag you down.

Hope this helps,
Sue.

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Do they increase it every year as in the UK with a kind of budget? For instance my 2 litre petrol car is changing from 210 pound to 300 next year which seems like a good deal for someone.

Golfmad
Tourist

Car tax

Postby Golfmad » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Originally we had our UK plated car transferred to spanish number plates and we paid our car tax. However we have since returned to UK and are now in the process of changing the car back to UK plates. Can anyone tell me how I inform the spanish authorities that I am no longer eligible for car tax in Spain as I don't want an embargo on my bank account. Thankyou.
Anyone for golf?