i hate spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
frog
Resident

i hate spain

Postby frog » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:50 am

ok hate is a strong word wtf,in no particular order

1/
the idiots cannot drive,give them a roundabout and they will park on it,dont indicate,dont wave if you stop or reverse for them,pull out in front of you and give you a dirty look!!!

2/
the councils lack of ability to do simple checks on bars/restaurant to even get them to the minimum health standards,i had a bar here for 7 years,had one visit for the opening licence,never saw then again,i now deal in second hand catering and you would not believe the state of some of the stuff i buy that has been used for cooking very recently

3/
ayutamiento,ok councils and their 'voted members'are hated throughout the world,they are in it for there own benefit but in spain these b tards seem very powerful,hate the expats that pay their wages and contributed to their extravigant lifestiles

4/
telefonica now this is THE phone company,i live in an urban area and cannot get a land line,when i bought the house i was told that the builders cut through the line and telifonica cant replace it,my neighbours include a spanish bank manager,police officer,estate agent? shop owner,all spanish,they seem to not be bothered,we have all lived in our small complex of 11 houses for 5 years,cannot believe thy accept it
before all you expats get on to me i have called telefonica many times but it came to a crunch when the phone guy turned up and asked me if i had a key to the telefonica box for our community,i didnt so he went

5/
communities. all presidents are thieves,they do it like the guys in moan 3/ for themselves,in my complex of 11 houses at the moment victimising a hard working south african who all the spanish hate because he works harder than them for the community but they have got what they want a spanish pool and garden guy who costs twice as much and the pool is *beep* now

6/
ok lets have a break,spanish music,any good?

7/
tv programs that try and show spain as some kind of xanadu
wherever you live it can be good or bad,but just because the local bar does tapas and juan likes you or the apartment your buying has a sea view because the world is flat for 20 miles or no one lives near the rustic campo villa,its a wreck, but you can get water from a well it sounds great
yeh!!

8/
estate agents
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=103307
dont know if the link will work BUT DONT GET ME STARTED ON THEM

now i am aware there are a few of these guys here,show me your qualifications,there are good and bad in all trades

9/
scumbag expats,the place is full of them,i watch crimewatch and under the same title are these idiot tradesmen who just rip us off for real,i once had a 'plumber' turn up who asked me CAN I USE YOUR TOOLS

10/people who tell you how long they have lived here

who cares,did you tell all your friends in london how long you lived there,or every time you met a new person,'ive lived here for 3 years',you are not special just cos you have moved to spain

ok flame me now,but dont bother with the go back to where you came from stuff,im ok here just need to say a few things
cheers frog
jayne countys most famous song,google it

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:51 am

Well that's 10 off your chest any more you would care to add :D :D
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Kmoppz
Resident

Postby Kmoppz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:58 am

Had a bad day I guess...

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 am

And I hate bad punctuation, awful spelling, and poor grammar...

julian
Andalucia Guru

spain

Postby julian » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 am

I don´t like America, thats why I don´t live there, go there, nor post on american forums saying how much I dislike it , I leave it to those that like America to enjoy it.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:37 am

I was thinking yesterday, whilst a passenger in a mate's car who gets particularly "irritated" by Spanish driving techniques, how ironic it is really...

Many people cite one of the reasons for moving to/liking Spain as the "laid back" attitude to and pace of life here here. Then they go and get themselves all stressed out about that very "laid back" attitude and pace of life that they originally craved. E.g. the time taken in shops, POs and banks because everyone likes to chat, waiting in for tradesmen or deliveries that don't happen, the "relaxed" attitude to driving and parking, the "quaint" paperwork systems, shop opening hours, trying to get anything in writing, having emails ignored, lack of facilities/utilities, the paucity of info available on the internet, things having to be done in person etc etc.

Then, as a result of being stressed, they have a heart attack and drop dead (or don't drop dead, end up in hospital and complain that nobody speaks English and the standard of health care is awful!)

Just my twopennethworth!

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:40 am

Julian, if you were simply intent on soliciting reactions you would probably do everything which you say you don't, but as you appear to be normal and mentally balanced you don't go out to solicit reactions. :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:13 am

I don't know why everyone complains about the driving here as I've found it no worse (if not better) than my memories of driving in the UK. Down this end of the Costa we've only had roundabouts since the motorway arrived here (in 2000 from memory) and I think they manage pretty well - I certainly don't get the road rage that I used to when driving in England.

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:13 am

The problem with roundabouts is that the Spanish give you no clue as to which exit they're going to take. Some of them go all the way round the outside, others go to the inside and then cut across your bows when you least expect it!

I'm surprised the manufacturers fit indicators to cars in Spain; if it wasn't for the EU regs they probably wouldn't bother :!: :wink: :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:30 am

You've obviously never driven in Suffolk - this was normal behaviour :lol: :lol: which is probably why I'm used to it :wink:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:34 am

It's the ones that go straight across that worry me. By straight across I mean in a straight line right over the round bit in the middle!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:37 am

well,i dont think you have any reason to complain at least you didnt have one like me the other night!!!!
I encountered a nice vw golf-spanish plated going round the roundabout the wrong way..
I heard a load of beeping while i was going round the roundabout...and met this golf-head on :shock: me on my little 50cc moto..luckily...he missed me and zoomed off in front up the same road i was going...i thought i was halucinating :shock:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:45 am

A 40+ spanish man was caught driving the wrong way on the A-7 last week. 3 times over the drink drive limit!

On roundabouts I find they use them as if there is only one lane instead of two. They don't realise they are ever in the wrong and give you "the look" as if its your fault even if they have just pulled out in front of you from a stop sign. My OH has picked up a bad spanish habit though, hardly ever stops at crossings :evil:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:58 am

As I said in another thread, I now run an in-car CCTV system and in less than a month I have enough footage of hair-raising driving to keep Youtube going for ever!

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:07 pm

Beachcomber do you really or is it a wind up? Which other thread?

.Griff.
Resident

Re: i hate spain

Postby .Griff. » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 pm

frog wrote: wherever you live it can be good or bad
Indeed.. So why moan about Spain if you realise everywhere has it's positive and negative points?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 pm

No, it's not a wind up. I really have this system in each of my cars. I originally decided to install it when a friend was falsely accused by the Guardia of not giving way on a roundabout despite the fact that there was no other traffic on it.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 pm

FRogg.... Why don't you just "HOP IT"
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

pkates
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pkates » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:49 pm

LOL - xlnt

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: i hate spain

Postby katy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:52 pm

.Griff. wrote:
frog wrote: wherever you live it can be good or bad
Indeed.. So why moan about Spain if you realise everywhere has it's positive and negative points?

Because its a spanish forum :?