Form 214

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
costacab
Andalucia.com Amigo

Form 214

Postby costacab » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm filling in my husband and my Forms 214 but am not clear about one thing. As we own the house jointly, do we split the figures and the tax in half or does each person pay the whole tax as if they owned the whole house? Any help much appreciated!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

tax

Postby Julie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:16 pm

You both pay half, i have always paid the full amount, just in my name, but Beachcomber told me, that really I should split the payments into two, half each.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Not desperately sure BUT I think this might be linked to whether you elected to be taxed separately or as a married couple. For people who are married (Catholic country and all that) there are tax advantages. Not much help but I'm having such a ghastly day that I just want to 'talk' with the sane world. Taxes on houses seems pretty sane to me right now.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

No, the form 214 is for non-residents and the declarations must be done separately ie. half each. There are no tax advantages or deductions for non-residents.