What do you do on a Sunday in Andalucia.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

What do you do on a Sunday in Andalucia.

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:36 am

Just wondering what would be a typical Sunday for those of us living in Andalucia.

Are you, sleeping in? Rushing off to the Giralda? The beach? Walking the vias verdes? Visiting the local bar? Sightseeing? Going to church? Searching the out the Yorkshire pud venues? Looking after the Children? Meditating? Chilling? Reading? Sport? Working as an unpaid tour guide for your visitors? Exploring Andalucia? DIY? Catching up on the forum? Gardening? Working? Relaxing by the pool? Cruising on your yacht? Studying? Preparing your Monday? Visting family/friends? Lying in a hammock eating grapes?

What would be a typical Sunday in Andalucia for you?
Last edited by Kathy on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

redtop012000
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby redtop012000 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 am

Listening to BBC Radio 2 whilst tending the garden, having a dip in the pool finishing off with a BBQ.

campocaro
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby campocaro » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:34 am

Sunday lunch with friends, cooking fish bought yesterday at Jerez market and veggies from our garden. After siesta kids off to local pool and then on to village for evening -adults sit with drinks and tapas and kids play in square with friends. I may try to watch a bit of the closing olympics ceremony this afternoon -but not the whole 3 hours!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:53 am

Ironing piles and piles of sheets from the Saturday changeover !! :cry:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:37 pm

when my hubby is here,we go to the market and then i drag him round the garden centres...bacon sandwich for dinner,followed by afternoon round the pool. :D very boring really.

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Churros by the beach with a few others for nice laid back chat, then back to play in the pool, often if it is too hot I put my scuba kit on and lay on the bottom to cool off. :D

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Sundays for us is housework and tidying the garden day. Really boring but it is what we used to do when in business in England and we find that if we do not stick to the routine we find excuses not to do the dull stuff at all. Result: inches of dust and heaps of weeds :roll: Of course regular dips in the pool are now part of the routine too. Wouldn't have wanted to do that back in the UK :(
Life is 'ard den you die!

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Watch Match of the Day in the morning, followed by swim in the pool, leisurely lunch, siesta...then an afternoon of footie (watching not participating :lol: ).evenings changeable, maybe walk the dogs, go out for a drink or a meal, read a book, log on internet or scooter ride.
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costagirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 pm

Nice breakfast on balcony prepared by hubby :lol:

Out to local shop to buy paper then to our local bar for coffee and meet up with people.

back home and either go to chiringuito for lunch or prepare something at home.

chill out by pool.

when its footie season out to watch the 5pm match on sky sports.

home and have dinner around 9pm and maybe a few glasses of wine.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Sunday is a stay at home day for us (if possible). Can't stand the overcrowed messy Ventas and Chiringuitos, or the indifferent service by busy waiters. Different if you work in the week but for us Sunday is not a special day. Walking the dogs early and an afternoon swim is the only routine :)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:05 pm

No one has owned up to, or claimed, post-prandial rumpy-pumpy! 8)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Get up, make sure the mobiles are turned off and entryphone at the gate disconnected. Take the landline off the hook.

Wife goes for a ride on one of the horses, feed the animals, switch on Heart 106.2, have breakfast, clean the pool, collect the produce from the garden, have a lounge and a read then a swim, have lunch then another lounge and read then a swim, feed the animals, prepare and consume dinner then listen to the radio until it's time to go to bed.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Get up early enough to do all the jobs around the house and garden before it gets too hot, then,

Breakfast - Internet - Read - Rumpy pumpy(!) - Lunch - Pool - Sleep - Read - Rumpy Pumpy (!) - Internet - Dinner - Read - Bed. And apart from the sleeping part we talk non-stop.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

R_and_B
Tourist

Postby R_and_B » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:23 pm

redtop012000 wrote:Listening to BBC Radio 2 whilst tending the garden, having a dip in the pool finishing off with a BBQ.
My daughter bought me an internet radio, which is great, listen to LBC (London Talk station) but can't get any BBC radio - it says on the website its because I am not in the UK!

If I was German, Indian, American or a man from the moon I could probably hear my home country stations of choice, but not if you are a Brit!!!

Any work arounds, anybody?

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:27 pm

You can listen to the BBC via internet with no problems - but you have to use "Realplayer" rather that "Windows Media Player"
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

R_and_B
Tourist

Postby R_and_B » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:36 pm

The internet radio is designed to sit on the bedside table, and does all the processing itself, so no choice about software use.

I wouldn't want to balance a laptop on the bedside table anyway, I'd knock it off in the night.

daismarg
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daismarg » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:48 pm

I listen to BBC Radio 2 via the sky box and can get various radio stations to listen to this way!

My Sunday is spent in Winter by having BBC radio 2 on and cooking a good English roast dinner and if I have been to Gib thern might have crumpets for tea! Sing song with Songs of Praise and then watch what ever else might be on. In Summer it will be swimming in our pool and may be a BBQ, watching Big Brother (sad aren't I) and then a bit of internet!

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:26 am

Sorry - did not read your posting properly :oops: :oops: :oops:
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 am

When I read the first post I wondered why someone would ask total strangers what they did on a Sunday! I thought it rather intrusive and a tad nosey! :shock:

I thought the golden rule of internet chat rooms and fora was never to disclose personal information however innocuous it might seem at the time. Not that I´m suggesting any malicious intent behind the original post I hasten to add! :?

I´m therefore intrigued to see just how many have been happy to respond. Presumably if stopped in the street by a complete stranger they would be equally happy to answer the same question ?

Just curious!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:23 am

masterrob: you do seem to think in a strange way! In essence this is a community - maybe a bit like your favourite pub - where all sorts of different personalities drop in, some often, others rarely. In this imaginary pub, there are conversations, some heated, some funny, some pleasant and others objectionable. In any pub there are the 'clever s0ds' who know best, the dimwits who know nowt, the ones to avoid, the jokers, the curious and the cured...
This posting, to me, is just the sort of thing that might be kicked around, maybe by an 'early doors' set, and is hardly an intrusive or rude thing to bring up.
I think you do not yet belong. :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.