Pool chemical bucket

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Pool chemical bucket

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:40 pm

a freind of mine has told me he has bought a cannister to put into his swimming pool that gives the pool all the chemicals it need for 3 months he has to do nothing to the pool at all only have the motor on for 3 hours a day, does anyone know anything about these cannisters and do they work.

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Pool chemical bucket

Postby wagon ropes » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:06 pm

Yes they do work. They are great. We had one last winter and didn't need to give the pool any other treatment all winter.
I've just gone out to look at the one which is floating in our pool at the moment and the wording on it is Treatemento Completo and you can buy them from fereterias or supermarkets with a pool section. We get ours from the local Eroski Aliprox. They cost about €13, are square, pale green and with a sort of funnel on the top. Best of all there are instructions on them in English. :)
Life is 'ard den you die!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pool chemical bucket

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:14 pm

The floating dosers are fine. You shouldn't put chemicals down the skimmers anyway.
Let's go Brandon!