NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: NEW - Non Resident tax declaration /payment

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 pm

No, I don't remember a post on this forum. Maybe it was deleted before I saw it.

In my experience people who complete these forms for other people usually require all the information to be given to them and give the forms back for the payment to be made at the bank. Actually filling in the form is the easiest part so no wonder they offer it this way.

The 210 is just as simple as the 214 once you know what to put where but it does have two separate parts whereas the 214 was one single form.
Let's go Brandon!

clr808
Tourist

Postby clr808 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am

I have downloaded & completed the Forms 210, thanks to the helpful information given on this topic.
When I took this task away from my solicitors to do it myself for this year, they advised that I would need to go to the local tax office for Etiquetas Identificativas. Is this still necessary, or do I just take the forms to my bank for payment.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 am

It you are already registered with the tax office which you must be if your lawyer has been doing your declarations and you have an address at which you receive mail the etiquetas should be sent to you by post.

In fact, your lawyer probably has some and is just trying to be awkward by not letting you have them. Just go to the tax office with your passport and your original A4 NIE sheet (with a copy just in case) and they will print some off for you.

You only need to put them on the top copy and the bottom copy of each form. There is no need to put them on the 'ejemplar para el contribuyente-representante' or the 'ejemplar para el responsable solidario o retenedor' as these will both be given back to you once they have been stamped and/or validated.
Let's go Brandon!

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 am

Hi Beachcomber I am new to the forum and have been reading your valuable information re the new form mod 210. It seems straight forward enough from your explanation but I have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer:

1. At the top of the form there is a box Agencia Tributaria which has 3 separate boxes, Delegation de Administracion de and Codigo. Do you need to fill these in and if so where do you get the information from.

2. Under the box for the id stickers there is a section for your details which I presume you fill in under that is again a box for contribuyente I take it you complete this as well? Under that are 3 separate sections I take you ignore these?

3. At the top of the form it mentions Feche de devengo is this the date you are paying from i.e. start of the year? or another date

4. pages 4 to 7 of the form do you need to complete any of these or can you ignore them?

5. You mention in box 1 enter GB, box 2 02 and box 3 826 what do these numbers mean?

Finally if you complete the forms from the down load link and print them off are these acceptable or do you need to use the carbonated forms purchased from the Hacienda.

Sorry to be long winded but I would like to be able to complete the forms myself if possible but obviously want to get it right when I pay at the bank.
Many thanks
Bob

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Right, I will try to answer all of your questions.

Delegación is the location of the main tax office in your province which usually coincides with the name of the province, ie Málaga. Administración is your local tax office which in my case, for example, is Alora. Código is the code number of the local office, Alora is 29012. All of these details will be found on the self-adhesive labels which are sent out by the tax office and which you will need to attached to the forms.

Fill in your own details under Presentador and Contribuyente. Use the details as they appear on you lables. You only leave the next TWO sections blank.

Fecha de devengo is the date at the end of the fiscal year for which you are paying the tax ie 31st December 2008 for the fiscal year of 2008.

When you fill in page 1, pages 2 and 3 will be completed automatically with the same information. Similarly, when you complete page 4, pages 5, 6 and 7 will be automatically completed. (page 1 and page 4 represent pages 1 and 2 of the self carbonated forms which you buy from the tax office.)

Under Renta obtenida put the address of the property and the referencia catastral. GB is Código país (Country code) 02 is the type of income being declared - Renta imputada (supposed income). 826 represents the monetary system of your country of residence (United Kingdom) These details are available in the instructions that come with the purchased forms or on the AEAT web site and include codes for other countries and types of income.

You can either download the form from the AEAT web site or fill it in first then download it which is much neater and easier for them to process. The only possible problem with this is that there is no envelope. This should be provided by the bank but they often don't know what to do with the forms let alone have envelopes in which to put them.

Good luck!
Let's go Brandon!

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi Beachcomber many thanks for taking the time to reply it is much appreciated. Having looked at last years IBI receipt it show the valor catastral to be 17.078,88 how does this equate to our numbering system is it 17,078 euro 88 cents? or 1707,888 I am cofused as the house cost 120000 a year ago. Calculating the tax as desc using the first figure would only give a tax of just over 45 euro which would then be split between me and my wife. Also could I not use the envelopes which I have from the now redundant 214 foms?
Once again many thanks for the reply.
A confused
Bob

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Yes, the figure you have given is 17,078 euros and 88 centímos. It is usual for the valor catastral to be far less than the purchase value especially if it is a country property. Also if it is a country property there may be two IBI receipts, one for the land and one for the building assuming it is registered with Catastro.

Don't forget that you have to fill in a complete set of forms for each person named in the escritura.

No, don't use the 214 envelopes. This will totally confuse them!
Let's go Brandon!

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 pm

That's great thanks very much Beachcomber

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: NEW - Non Resideent tax declaration /payment

Postby bobdun » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi just to throw another spanner in the works (nothing seems easy in Spain), I have a copy of the IBI receipt for last year from the previous owner who mentioned that it had always had the wrong house number on the bill for years.

I was following what you had said and noticed the mention of the referencia catastral, which I found on the IBI receipt from last year and also found on paperwork from our solicitor when the property was registered in our names, they were different. I then checked these referencia's on a site I was told about://ovc.catastro.meh.es/. The referencia catastral from the IBI receipt refered to a different property in our street and the one from the solicitor was for our property (as on this site you can see on a street plan the properties that the number refers to), no wonder the house number had been wrong.

The problem I now have of course is that the Valor Catastral from the IBI receipt is no for my property! Where would I be able to get the correct Valor Catastral, would the local Town Hall be able to give it to me? If it is not the Town Hall where should I go.

Bob

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:54 pm

You could try the town hall first. Most have a Catastro employee who visits on a weekly basis. Failing that you will need to go to the Catastro office in the main tax office for the province in which you live.

This problem is not unique and you should be able to get it sorted out without too much problem. Famous last words!
Let's go Brandon!

cannylass
Tourist

Postby cannylass » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Where can you download the 210 Form from?? I thought you needed to buy it and obtain the necessary 'stickers'. My friends have property in Vera, Almeria and want to try and do the tax return themselves. Where do they get this form from??

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Download the form from here:

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... od210e.pdf

Either fill it in online then download it or download it and fill it in by hand.

If you want to purchase the forms you have to do so at an AEAT office.
Let's go Brandon!

cannylass
Tourist

Postby cannylass » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 pm

If they were to fill in and download the form then is it just a case of taking it to the bank with the payment??

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:13 am

Theoretically, yes, but some banks which are less accustomed to handling these forms may query the lack of an envelope in which to send the forms to AEAT.

They must also ensure that the bar code labels are attached to the forms.
Let's go Brandon!

cannylass
Tourist

Postby cannylass » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:40 am

Bar Code Labels :? :? . Where do we get those?? Anything to do with the barcode printed on the form??

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:44 am

Your Hacienda office will issue you with a sheet of bar code labels when you first register. Just go in and ask for them.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:55 am

You need to take your passport and your NIE sheet. If you are already registered with AEAT and receive mail at the address in which you are registered you can obtain further labels here just by entering your NIE number and your surname here:

https://aeat.es/etidomic.html
Let's go Brandon!

cannylass
Tourist

Postby cannylass » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:06 am

You are so helpful Beachcomber!
Although they''ve paid the tax on previous years they've never had any correspondence from them. It has been done previously by a solicitor so I suppose any correspondence has gone to them. Does this mean their ex solicitor would have their labels?? And does it mean they will have to obtain these labels or can they just go the the Hacienda office for more?
They're so determined this year to do it themselves.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 am

I have recently informed my tax professional that her services are no longer required and she has sent me my file and included the labels she has remaining. Her office was the address registered with the tax office for communications and she advised me to inform them of the change. She says that there are forms to fill in for this. Are they available online by any chance?
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:17 pm

They can go to AEAT for more labels but register a change of address at the same time on modelo 030.

Rafiki, this will be the same form that you need:

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... mod030.pdf

Instructions for completion here:

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... tr_030.pdf
Let's go Brandon!