Endesa's *beep*

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
smash
Andalucia.com Amigo

Endesa's *beep*

Postby smash » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Ain't fun no moo son...
OK people am I the only one who's tired of Endesa's *beep*? So far My family has been paying ridiculous bills. And it doesn't matter if there are 6 or 1 people living in the house. about 2 years ago there were 6 people in my house for a month. And last January I was alone in the house. And still-no difference what so ever. On top of that we only use a fridge and a washing machine. no air conditioners, no nothing.

And to carry on-I hardly ever receive the bills. They were supposed to come today but they didn't. HOWEVER-my mate got her bills. In the last 2 months she's been in spain for 10 days and during the rest of the time the house has been empty. And apparently she owes 220€ for those 10 days. On top of that-she's got a second apartment which is empty, no one lives there and the bill can't be anything over 00,00€

This other friend got her bill-380€. And they don't use anything other than the things I use.

SO WTF?!?!?

Let's go and crucify them!!!ONE!11!!!!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Endesa's *beep*

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 pm

we got our bill today .. 56.12€ :D happy happy happy :D
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:11 am

On top of that-she's got a second apartment which is empty, no one lives there and the bill can't be anything over 00,00€
Even if no electricity is used there will be a standing charge (shown on the bill as "termino de potencia"). Electricity Companies in the UK also have such standing charges.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 am

Its possible your friend´s supply may have been diverted by a local resident of course if she is not there much.....or that its exceso de consumo from previous bills........Endesa are the most inefficient company ever, except at cutting people off......

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:59 am

"HOWEVER-my mate got her bills"
endesa bills are not all sent out on the same day, depends on the date you originally contrated the electric

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:58 am

Is it just in our area that they have now decided to bill us monthly - but with a low estimated bill one month and a higher 'read' bill the nexy. If a house is lived in all the time, the bills are going to be pretty constant - ie what you use one January you will use mas o menus the following Jan.I know our Spanish neighbours are thoroughly sick of it.

PS HAve just spell checked this,and it hasn't picked up the 'nexy' word - or is this a new word I've just not used before!?
I can spell but I can't type

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby marchamona » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 am

Saw an interesting article in Sur in English last week.You log onto:
www.facua.org/es/simuladores.php and enter details of two Endesa bills and they calculate if you've been overcharged. They don't actually tell you how to get the money back though!!

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 pm

The electricity to our pump for the well got cut off last week because the spanish neighbours failed to tell us that we hadn't got enough money in the account to pay the bill. They knew the bills were higher in October and just did nothing about it!! There are 4 fincas and us on the well and we are the only ones who are in residence. Others just come and go. They use plenty water on their vegetable gardens and lawns etc.
After much talk about a meeting - they have to have a meeting for everything here!! we went to the bank and paid the bill. We needed water.
What are other people's bills for a well? The last bill was 323 euros and I think this was the first one for a month. The amount owing from previously was 287 euros so we had to pay 610 euros to get them to re-connect.
As we had only been paying 10 euros each a month until recently - how can it have gone up so much?

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:22 pm

That sounds like a lot of money for a well pump. Is it going all the time?

Do you know where the meter is? Can you check the reading? Who has the bills?

We keep an eye on our electricity meter now so that we know in advance if the use goes up, and it normally uses about the same units every day. However, our neighbours who have a separate bill for the well pump had a similar problem last year when the units went up for no apparent reason. It's scary isn't it?

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Campobabe - the spanish neighbour must get the bills. We are having a meeting in the morning and I will find out more then. Hubby has just gone to take a reading so we can keep a record of it.
Don't know how much pump is running as no idea when neighbours are using it.
A friend nearby says there are 14 on his well and their bills are a lot lower than ours

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:02 pm

I wonder if the fact that Endesa is now totally owned by an Italian firm will change anything?
Maybe it will cost less to cook a pizza... :D
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 am

What is its relationship to Sevillana now then Peter?

Our meters are being read by a local electrician........not an Endesa official....how they make profits I suppose........