Embargoing property for unpaid tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Embargoing property for unpaid tax

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:11 pm

frog wrote:i had to pay 630 euros in 24 hours or my property will be taken

whatttttttttttttt ???

can they just demand money like that ? what if we dont have magic money trees ???
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 pm

relax spanish lad, no they can´t

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Julian....I think you'll find that indeed they can't....but they do. Welcome to Spain where all foreigners are easy targets.....and particularly the Brits...
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:04 pm

the "taking your house from you" process is a very long , drawnout affair, and right up till the last minute, even at auction stage, you can pay what you owe and keep it...24 hours to pay are urban myths

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Is it true they can do this for unpaid basura? How many years before they get to that point?

We are the only house being sent invoices for rubbish, no one else on my little development gets them as the town hall told them same as us, when we moved here, no rubbish as no rubbish service, yet its been hived off to somewhere else and they keep billing us, but only us and we are more than 1km from nearest bins....therefore eligible for discount, but can we get it, no. They want to charge us for a personal survey of our house to the nearest bin - in the meantime we have to pay full collection for a service we do not receive........why can´t they just check the route the rubbish van takes and then do it from that nearest point to our house?

Why are they charging us and none of the houses around us when all are under he same Urb name and were built around the same time? We are refusing to pay for a service we do not receive and it is currently impossible to receive but I suspect we are accruing fines, in which case I will claim discrimination as we are the only british owned house, the rest are spanish or other north european owned..........and how can they prove otherwise, will play them at their own little game.....

This kind of thing is another issue that needs changing - how can one house be billed and 19 not?

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:04 pm

as we are the only british owned house, the rest are spanish or other north european owned.........
and you ask why???!!!! :wink:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:11 pm

So you really think it is an anti british thing as opposed to a non spanish owner discrimination?

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Perish the thought...... :wink:

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:49 am

i didnt mean my property as in my house,i meant that my car would be on red alert when spotted by the guardia,forgot to mention that i had 24 hours to pay or else,next day was a bank holiday,these people here are bonkers,im just an easy target and yes i should have paid my bills,what gets my goat is that so many get away with it

its so easy i see english plated vans driving around with spanish mobile numbers on advertising what a great plumber/general builder they are,effing sort these out first and then have a go at me you lazy council basterds
jayne countys most famous song,google it

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 pm

totally agree on that one frog - most of them look like they wouldn´t pass an mot in india let alone in europe. :(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.