name change on the factura with Endesa?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

name change on the factura with Endesa?

Postby surfjabroni » Fri May 27, 2011 2:28 am

Hi folks how do you change the name & bank account details for the Electricity with Endesa? What documents/information do you need? Is it paperless? Does it require a signature? DNi, NIE etc..?
I want to change the name & bank details from mine to my Spanish tenant.
I am not in Spain so can't visit their offices nor will the 902 phone number work.
If anyone has does this (eg when renting a place) please let me know.
ta
Andy
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: name change on the factura with Endesa?

Postby julian » Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 pm

tell the tenant to take the rental contract, DNI, and a document from the bank showing his account number to endesa.
take original and fotocopy of everything, and an old electric bill.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm not sure if it has now changed but it used to be impossible to change the name as it is a contract with the original person.

If you take out a new contract that can lead to problems with producing a current Boletin.

However, it is pretty simple to change the bank details.

I once rented a house and got the account changed but the name on the contract was the deceased father of the owner who died ten years previously!

Sid

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Bank payment details can be changed without changing the name on the contract. Are you registered to view yuor bills etc online? If so you can change the bank details there. And it is in English!

http://www.gp.endesaonline.com/gp/jsp/index.jsp
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Donz.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Donz. » Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 pm

yes it can be done - I bought my place in Dec and have had all bank details and persons on the account changed.

I needed (as well as all my own details) the NIE and name of the previous owner.

All done by telephone too.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 am

If the property changes hands then the contracts will have to be changed.

In this case we are talking about a tenant taking over the contract which could be different.

Sid

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Sat May 28, 2011 1:04 pm

My sister-in-law lives in a house left by her parents to her and her other siblings.The parents died about 20 years ago but the bill of the electricity is still in her father's name.
Now she is interested to have the bill in her name as she can apply for a cheaper rate because of her low pension... but to do this she was told that she would have to present the papers of the new owners(her and siblings ) and then get a written permision from her brothers and sisters to say that they allow the bill to be just in her name...Things are always so complicated her in Spain!

surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby surfjabroni » Sat May 28, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. The scenario is that I have a tenant renting my apartment. I have the elec bill in my name, I send the e-bill to him and he pays me a bank transfer. He is now grumbling that Endesa are overcharging. The only way he could get a rebate were if the bill was in his name I imagine.
Even if I change the bank details to his account, he would ring up and still have to pretend to be an English person with all my ID etc... I can't see that happening lol
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun May 29, 2011 7:23 am

How are they overcharging? The bills should alternate each month between estimates and real readings so every other month any overestimate from the previous month should be taken care of.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Sun May 29, 2011 5:35 pm

I agree with Campo Steve
the meters are read every other month, like it or not. They are not like the English lot who eventually send you a snotty letter after not reading the meter for months.