IBI Bills

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Trooperman
Resident

IBI Bills

Postby Trooperman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Anyone in Malaga had their IBI bill yet?

According to www.prpmalaga.es it's out on the 1st July as usual, it's just that I haven't yet got mine. I know I've got until 9th September to pay and can always go to a local office to get a copy, it's just that these things have a habit of getting forgotten if one doesn't have a reminder.
nil illegitimum carborundum

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: IBI Bills

Postby julian » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I have received mine.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 pm

I got mine by email. Please don't ask me why.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 pm

me too !

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Mine arrived this morning.
Dave

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:15 am

Eureka!

Went to the post office this morning for the 15 minute slot in which I have to collect my mail and he had a bundle of around 100 IBI bills, one of which was mine. One less thing to worry about.
I guess the printers do these in batches based around pueblo and/or ciudad

As has been noted on another posting, the addresses on the bills are sometimes different from the postal address and "our" (visiting) postman had to enlist the help of a local man to go through every bill. This local chap looked at the name and interpreted the IBI address into the postal address. Quite amusing really.

Swallow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Swallow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 pm

For future reference (hopefully) what is it?

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

What is what?

Swallow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Swallow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Sorry, IBI bill

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Rates/Council Tax
Ann

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 pm

It's (i think) Impuestos Buen Inmuebles which is, for all intents and purposes, a tax levied by the government on land and property ownership. It is collected by the provincial government (in my case Malaga) and is different from the taxes for water, drains, rubbish collection, street lighting and other stuff levied and collected by your local town hall.

There will be some gurus on this site who will, I'm sure, have a better definition.

If you, or anyone else, is wondering why they haven't got one, it's probably because their property/land is not properly registered on the Catastro register (www.sedecatastro.gob.es).

It's yet another reason for (some) people to avoid doing things the "proper" way, as was the case with my house, where the previous owner never bothered to tell the tax man that he had a house and thus avoided paying IBI. I had to pick up 4 years back charges once I had regularised everything!

Swallow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Swallow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Ouch! 4years.
Thanks another thing to check if/before we buy.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:39 pm

IBI :thumbdown: .........over there last month and our gestor who we happened to bump into in town said we owed 3 years IBI according to list of names the catastro had circulated around various bodies including their offices.

"No chance" we said "It's on a dd at the bank"

"Sorry, come into the office and have a look, there's been a mistake......by them"

Oh borrox :evil:

Seems like the powers that be have been tying plot numbers and houses in over the last few years in the campo so our numbers are now merged into one. We'd been paying on the old number but knew not a jot about the new one which is running simultainiously and being accrued every year with appropriate non payment fines :evil: .

Apparantly it's the catastros fault but in the meantime we have to pay both............spent the thick end of 1000 euros settling up out of the holiday cash :thumbdown: . Seems we now have to apply to them to stop the old number and to apply for a rebate :? .........I'm paying the gestor to sort it who reckons it will take ages to sort and get monies back whilst in the meantime we have to pay 2 lots.

Tried to sort it at the Townhall but all the hombre there would say is "you have 2 houses"..........love Spain but **** ups and breweries often spring to mind :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 pm

To add. I'd love to hear Beachys take on our events above. I was too hot, knackered and Mossie bitten to argue the toss at the time :D

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm

DA
It took the best part of a year for me to get an IBI repayment for a house I had sold 20 years ago!
Loads of forms to fill in.
Dave

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Cheers Mowser for that. The lady who's doing the job for us has always seen us right and she did say there was a lot of messing about to be done to sort it....ie cancel the old number and hopefully get a refund, it is nice to know she is being straight with us. Too much messing about for me when I'm on my jollies!!!!!!!!! 60 euros doesn't sound bad to sort it out does it?

What about this amalgamating the numbers thing though...it was a new one on me :?

Oh and the buggers had put rateable value of the house and land up :thumbdown:

Trato Hecho
Resident

Postby Trato Hecho » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 am

Can i ask What period the IBI bills that you are all getting are for?

Are they sent out around now? for 2012 Jan /Dec?

Is there an early payment discount or a late penalty?

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

They are issued annually in July and my current one says it is for 2011. The Periodo Voluntario runs until 10th September and if you don't pay the amount stipulated (voluntarily) by then, you will most certainly suffer penalties. It should also be noted that if you try to pay after the 10th September, the bank will refuse to accept the payment and the inevitable machinery of local government will grind on and you will receive a further bill with financial penalties added....and so on...

As these are issued by province (mine is Malaga) your province, if different, may have a differing timetable.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:20 pm

I had a little problem with 2010 for non payment of the bill I never received (it seems correctly addressed).
This became apparent when my bank account became embargoed. This is all resolved now and I have received my bills various for 2011.
While sorting out my embargo and the previous owner's six years basura bills (he is deceased, bills torn up) the man in the office in Nerja told me that once I had paid this year's bills then in November or December if I went back to the office I could arrange to pay in instalments by DD over 9 months. An option useful to an impoverished pensioner.

I just add this in case it helps others in a similar position to me.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:28 am

I have two houses. I received the IBI notification for one of them last month and it was paid by direct debit this week. I have not received the bill for the other house.

This has happened for the past two years but I haven't been concerned as the payment has been taken by DD on the same day as the other house, so non-payment hasn't been an issue.

However, this year, payment hasn't been taken so I am getting a nagging feeling something has gone wrong. I don't want to end up being fined for late payment.

Who do I contact to find out how much to pay and sort this out?
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!