Amazon.es

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Amazon.es

Postby gerryh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Bought a Kindle from Amazon.es today.
It is arriving via their standard 3-5 days delivery.
What method do they use for these deliveries?
Post or carrier, if so which carrier?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: Amazon.es

Postby Jool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:41 pm

MRW

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Jool wrote:MRW
Thanks for the reply.
So they use MRW the same as Amazon.co.uk
That means I will have to collect from their office as they claim my address doesn't exist. :thumbdown:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Some things are coming direct from UK, I have recently bought an item that was cheaper on amazon.es than. on co.uk and then when it was delivered it had come from Amazon UK :crazy:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 pm

In the MRW office in Torre del Mar there is a shelf labelled "Pueblos". Some of the stuff on that looks to have been sent by Franco to his troops, or even Julius Caesar....
Someone who enjoys banging their head on a wall may care to take up their abysmal service with Amazon under trade descriptions - "delivered to your door"?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Amazon have a feedback system and request feedback on delivery services I used this for one local MRW office to Amazon for being 4 days late in even trying to deliver and then lying on the system and saying they had tried to deliver when we had been here all day and no one had been near - Amazon took it very seriously so if you have a local office that just does not care, does not even bother to have a street map of your town or know about sat-nav (with i and android phones there is really no excuse these days) then tell Amazon who are far more likely to be able to get them to deliver something that resembles customer service than we, a mere bothersome individual who expects far too much ever can!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:36 pm

I can't fault our local MRW office for deliveries of Amazon stuff, they have been brilliant.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 am

My local MRW is the only carrier who will deliver to my somewhat remote property. I once gave them the GPS co-ordinates and now they just telephone me to check that I am in and turn up about a half an hour later. I have now given up offering to meet the driver at the nearest venta because they always insist on delivering to the door.
Let's go Brandon!

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 am

My local MRW is in Torre del Mar and I just go to the office and pick up my parcel. I don't bother waiting. Perhaps we (I) should notify Amazon....next time.
Another black mark is that I don't have to sign to say that I have received the parcel. Not that a signature means anything but is less than professional!
Graham

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:47 am

I forgot to ask on my previous post - does anyone know where the nearest Fedex office is here in Torre del Mar? I have a parcel in transit from China - it's currently in Paris so shouldn't take long to get here. :lolno:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 am

My local MRW driver will try to find me if I'm not at home when he delievers. He often turns up at my office with the package.
I think their service is second to none.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:35 am

markwilding wrote:I think their service is second to none.
With respect mark - it is "his" service, not "their".
He may be good but from the comments here there are others too idle to bother, and the company's monitoring is either missing or not working.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 am

We have had problems with one or two couriers Fedex being the worst but after the first time when MRW called for directions we've had no trouble at all, brilliant service.

Mhic.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 am

Another :thumbup: for MRW. The Pilas office delivery guys are excellent.
Brian.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 pm

How good or bad courier deliveries are seem to be down to the delivery driver and not the company.
I have no problems with UPS or Suer, both of them have my phone number stored in their mobile phones and phone me when they want to deliver.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:09 pm

It depends on size on who delivers - MRW do the bigger stuff but, the Correos deal with the smaller stuff -
My MP3 player came by post .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Martin Page wrote:It depends on size on who delivers - MRW do the bigger stuff but, the Correos deal with the smaller stuff -
My MP3 player came by post .
My Kindle, bought from Amazon.es, is coming via MRW, left Montelimar, in France, this morning.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Looked at buying an Ipad 2 at 514 pounds from Amazon UK but they wouldn't deliver to Spain. Went onto the es site and they do not sell the IPad 2 at all. The USA site will not deliver outside of the USA. El Corte Ingles and FNAC want €699.
Also have to sing the praises of MRW. They now telephone us and we pick it up from their office after having shown ID and signed for it.

tt

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:45 pm

tt wrote: Also have to sing the praises of MRW. They now telephone us and we pick it up from their office after having shown ID and signed for it.

tt
I thought the reason for using a courier is that they deliver to your door.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

I ordered a data stick from Amazon.es just to check the service. It arrived in MRW in Nerja on Friday 9th. I asked when delivery to Frigiliana would be and was told it was too late for the driver to bring it in the evening but I'd have it on Saturday.
Saturday: I telephoned to ask and was told the parcel was still in the office. It would be delivered on Monday.

Monday: I telephoned to ask for a time and was told "After 5:00pm". I phoned at 8:00pm and was told there had been a problem with the driver's car and it would be delivered on Tuesday.

Tuesday: Another no-show so I emailed MRW head office and complained about the Nerja branch. I also contacted Amazon to complain about their couriers.

Wednesday: Package arrived today. The delivery girl was full of apologies.

When I ordered a camera from Amazon.co.uk, it was "lost in transit" and the camera had to be re-ordered.

I ordered a wall fire from Amazon.co.uk and MRW delivered it within five days of ordering it.
I did have to help the lad to bring it up the street as the fire weighed 22 kilos (not a lot in my opinion).

In short - Amazon good ... MRW (Nerja branch) rubbish. :thumbdown:
Dave