Electricty Accounts from April 2013

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
vinuela vinny
Resident

Electricty Accounts from April 2013

Postby vinuela vinny » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 am

Morning All

I've searched for the above topic on the Forum, but can't find anything on my query..... Apologies if it's been discussed before and if I've missed it!

I am told by the local 'know-alls' that Endesa and the other electricty companies are being required to revert to their past practice of billing on actual rather than estimated readings, once every two months from April? Is this true?

Can we presume then, that if our most recent account was this month (March 2013) on an actual reading, that there will be no direct debit funds taken in April, but a sum taken in May reflecting an actual reading, as in the past?

Or not?

Any thoughts welcomed

Thanks again, you experts!!!

Vincent

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Electricty Accounts from April 2013

Postby Free at Last » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm

vinuela vinny wrote:Morning All

I've searched for the above topic on the Forum, but can't find anything on my query..... Apologies if it's been discussed before and if I've missed it!

I am told by the local 'know-alls' that Endesa and the other electricty companies are being required to revert to their past practice of billing on actual rather than estimated readings, once every two months from April? Is this true?

Can we presume then, that if our most recent account was this month (March 2013) on an actual reading, that there will be no direct debit funds taken in April, but a sum taken in May reflecting an actual reading, as in the past?

Or not?

Any thoughts welcomed

Thanks again, you experts!!!

Vincent
Yes, it's true that bills will only be issued every two months, based on actual readings, from April 2013 - I got a letter with the bill I received from Endesa at the end of February, to that effect. I'm not sure about your second question though, and unfortunately I threw the letter away so can't check what it said, sorry.

jemalis
Tourist

Postby jemalis » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:04 pm

As a non permanent ex pat - who would be responsible for reading the metre? Do they take responsibility for reading? Or do we have to assign a local friend to sort it out? Would be good to know. Thank you.

jemalis
Tourist

Postby jemalis » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Not sure if I'm ex pat if I'm non permanent! :lol:

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:20 pm

I would imagine Endesa will continue to read the meter every other month, as they do now. Why would that change?
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:51 pm

jemalis wrote: who would be responsible for reading the metre?
Your meter must be readable from outside your property line by the man from Endesa or whoever - I assume that there are other arrangements for access in apartment blocks etc, so things should carry on as before.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 pm

peteroldracer wrote:
jemalis wrote: who would be responsible for reading the metre?
Your meter must be readable from outside your property line by the man from Endesa or whoever - I assume that there are other arrangements for access in apartment blocks etc, so things should carry on as before.
That's news to me. It would be the same for all companies & I asked this question of a Spanish electrical contractor ( a proper one that supplies boletins) as mine is actually inside the house , which is also fenced & gated.
Answer ; They cannot make you move the meter from the position it is in. They could only force you to do this if you failed to pay the bill & were cut off & had to apply for reconnection when you would then be required to comply with current regulations. he also pointed out that disconnection is also nigh on impossible as A) they would have to gain access to the house which they wouldn't be able to do if you were not there without a court order. B) If you were there you'd be hardly likely to let them in. :lol:
In addition if they wish to replace the meter, & mine is well overdue, they cannot put it anywhere else except where it is now.
Todos somos Lorca.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 am

As ever, you must go with the way things are done in your area - 'my' electrical contractor (Spanish, issues boletins etc) showed me some paperwork which backed up what he told me - that the meter must be in an approved cabinet, big enough for two meters (even if you only have one currently) and accessible from out side your building line.
Amazingly (for Spain) this does seem to make sense, but if the rules (I would ask for a look at the regulations) up your way are different, then of course those are the ones to follow.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am

We were told the same thing, except we were also told that if it wasn't then it had to be accessible when they came to read the meter.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Actually the man I was talking to runs a business in the CDs. :)
Todos somos Lorca.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:21 am

Is it not the case that the existing installation cannot be forced to have an upgrade but if there is a change of owner or major electrical work requiring a new boletin that is when any meter would have to be moved to a place where it could be read without disturbing any occupants?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 am

I believe that to be the case. I haven't done anything about it yet but I believe if I just want to increase my contracted supply, still within the present boletin, I would need to change the box from the present plastic one to a metal one, even though changing the contracted would only involve Endesa changing the ICP.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 am

Yes , that is correct.
Todos somos Lorca.