Instruction Manual for Washing Machine in English

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
poppylou
Andalucia.com Amigo

Instruction Manual for Washing Machine in English

Postby poppylou » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Just got a new LG WD10700 MDS washing machine, but the manual is in Spanish. Instructions for day to day use are fine, mainly in diagrams, but I would like the English manual if possible for the "if it goes wrong, try this" section.

I have tried Google, but no luck. I have emailed LG UK office, and got a barely understandable reply, but I think it meant if we don't sell it in England, we don't do an English manual.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Poppylou

janda_grant2
Resident

Re: Instruction Manual for Washing Machine in English

Postby janda_grant2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Is the manual in Spanish online? If so - couldn't you copy the relevant bit and put it in something like Google Translate or Babylon? At least it would give you an idea as to what is wrong.
I can spell but I can't type

Pat & Emer
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pat & Emer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:22 pm

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:50 am

janda_grant2 wrote:Is the manual in Spanish online? If so - couldn't you copy the relevant bit and put it in something like Google Translate or Babylon? At least it would give you an idea as to what is wrong.
If you have a smartphone or a tablet, Google's latest translation program will allow you to take a photo of some text. It'll then "read" the text and translate it. It will also accept spoken language, so you could read the text out loud, too.

The OCR is a bit hit'n'miss, especially where punctuation is involved, but it beats typing the whole page in.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

On the LG web site there are a couple of video tutorials with no sound regarding how to clean the filters and the washing powder tray. No written instructions in English though.

http://www.lg.com/es/soporte-producto/lg-WD-10700MDS

Have you tried emailing the LG's UK office? There might be a similar model with only slight differences.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 am

markwilding wrote: Have you tried emailing the LG's UK office? There might be a similar model with only slight differences.
We did this for our new Indesit - although the model we have is not sold in the UK or any other English-speaking country as far as I could find out, they sent us a PDF of a very similar model.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

poppylou
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppylou » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks all for your help - I will do a translation from that online version of the spanish manual.