Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
phil16c
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby phil16c » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks for your help. I'm sure I tried the one line change in Firefox but still had error when trying to get form. In the end I just downloaded form in PDF from Agencia Tribarios (?) but as I say it's the old one??

phil16c
Tourist

Postby phil16c » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Have just double checked and I have changed the one-line to true on Firefox but still getting error message. :eh:
Is there any other way to get this blasted form????

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi,
Download Palemoon 12.3......and do the about:config

What OS are you running ?
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

phil16c
Tourist

Postby phil16c » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi again, I finally tried the official config prog and it worked!!!
Form is there, followed instructions to fill it and it is saving (thank goodness)
Now have the filled in forms and hoping to be able to save them to pen and take to print off :D

I am going to pay this at the bank but just wondered if it is okay if this is the English version? Also for future will it be another struggle to go the route of paying direct through bank?

tzimmerman

Postby tzimmerman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi,
I live in the UK and have an apartment in Mojacar.
I wish to do my non-residents tax return online this year, but have 3 questions...

To get a digital signature, do I have to visit a tax office in Spain as part of the online process?
From research it appears I make an application for a digital signature online, then take proof of ID to an office in Spain, then go back on the internet to get the authority code.

Since I will not be out there before the end of December, does anyone know the fine/charge if I dont pay it until we go out in February??

Since both my wife and I am on the escritora, we will be both doing a tax return.
On the 210 when it asks for my capacity, am I the tax payer (S) or jointly responsible payer (P)

Thanks

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi tzimmerman,

Welcome to The Forum..........

1) You are correct on your first question. The link in FAQ's gives link to Local Offices in various towns. This link is not currently working for me...... :thumbdown:

2) can't answer this one.

3) I would put S Tax payer

See the instructions that come with the form.

"Generally speaking, this tax return can be filed by the taxpayer, their appointed representative or a jointly responsible party as defined in article 9 of the Tax Act."

phil16c
Tourist

Postby phil16c » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Just an update to conclude. I used the AEAT official config download as all else failed and it worked fine. Printed off forms and took to bank to pay. The form barcode did not scan even though it was a good copy so had to entered manually. As I had printed off the forms in English the bank clerk had no idea what to do with them. Hopefully I've told him the right thing and I left him with the page with a large F on it and I came away with the other two stamped and dated pages. I take it that's all?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi phil16c,
That's about it.......did the same today, Forms in English, I settled for Windows 7 SP1 and Palemoon 12.3. with the manual about:config as per FAQ's.

The bank I used said it was the first (Form 210 ) they had seen this year........ :shock:

Still a month to go for this years dead line........... 8)

phil16c
Tourist

Postby phil16c » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:05 am

Well it's a relief to know that's done! Either we're both wrong or we've cracked it :thumbup:

Does make me wonder about everyone else though???? :eh:

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 pm

I have only just caught up with the information relating to the new online form 210. This year I used the old form 210, printed it off and took it to Solbank back in May to pay for 2011 non-resident tax. They accepted it and I have my copy stamped to prove I paid it. I assume this is fine, and there won't be any comeback - do you think this is the case?

I have another query regarding Valor Catastral used to calculate the tax payment. I thought I had read that the Valor Catastral increased by 2% each year but when I receive my IBI receipt in August I can see that the VC has remained static for the past 3 years. Should I use this 'static' VC provided by Benahavis Town Council to calculate income tax?

Excellent information on the new form by the way, and very much appreciated.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Red Dragon,

"and there won't be any comeback".........if there is they will send you a letter.

"IBI receipt in August I can see that the VC has remained static for the past 3 years"....was same last three years up here, static, just use VC for the year you are doing the return for.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:32 pm

In 4 weeks, I will be attempting for the first time, to submit my Non-Resident Income Tax by using my "electronic signature". Wish me luck!!!!!!!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm

I know half the fun is in trying, but if anyone is about to pull their hair out, there is a company who will do the forms, for about £25, with a covering letter about the various copies. They will even check if first time payers are registered to pay and arrange this if necessary, all part of the same fee.

Sometimes life is too short.

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 pm

For that price its a best buy...........my "guy" wanted 160€.......

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 pm

"For that price its a best buy...........my "guy" wanted 160€......."

They keep their prices down by not advertising much, but relying on word of mouth. I know of three people who use them and have no intention of messing around with printing forms.

I guess there is a buzz when those forms are printed correctly from a PC, but as I said, life is too short for some.

anyroads

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi! "anyroads"
Once you have successfully completed and submitted the Modelo 210, it gives you a sense of achievement, and it is so easy then on, to continue with the following years' submissions. However, this will be the first time I will be using my "electronic signature", so it will be interesting to see if I can succeed without hitting any obstacles! Once that's achieved, then It will take minutes to submit my 4 Modelo 210's and pay my "dues" in the future years from either my home in England or my holiday home in Tenerife.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi pengwynne,
Why in 4 weeks, why not now :?: .....in 4 weeks we will be into next year........
At least do a dummy run through and see how you get on.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi! Enrique
Have already submitted 2011's Modelo 210 in March, this year. In that same month, I visited my local Town Hall in Adeje, Tenerife with all the necessary information needed to obtain my "electronic signature" The "electronic certificates" for my wife and I are installed on 3 separate computers and have completed "dummy" runs within the AEAT electronic website, and everthing seems to be working fine!! (that's tempting fate!!!!!!!!).I also did a "dummy" run on "renewing" the "electronic certificates" (this isn't due until 2015 though), and that seems OK too!!!! So, now I am waiting for January 2013 to come along, to see if my bank, transfers the money to the AEAT's account without a hitch. This relies on obtaining the "NRC" number within the "electronic" Modelo 210 form. That is the only part of the form that I cannot do beforehand! So, fingers and everything else are crossed!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi pengwynne,
Sounds like you're well ahead of the game...... 8)

I would be interested in a detailed procedure when you get the Form 210 paid with Digital Signature especially the NRC number bit............last time I went there I was blown away.... :oops: ... so took the easy route, came to Spain and went to the Bank and paid. :)

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Yes! I paid mine at my bank in March. The first customer to do so with the "new" Modelo 210. What a farce that was!! Both the clerk and the manager didn't have a clue what to do! Half-an-hour later, with approximately 8 people behind waiting to be served, those 2 bank staff gave-in to my version of the correct procedure, after a prolonged telephone call between the clerk and a staff member of the Tax Agency. So I reckon, the easier route will be the "electronic signature" method.