Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Stoker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Stoker wrote:Does anyone else use Safari on a Mac? If so have you upgraded to OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Safari 7.0?

I've just done so and checked to see if Modelo 210 still worked OK. I had to update Java before the form would download properly but then found that when I went to import file data the aeat folder shows as being empty even though it is not - I checked using Finder.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has this problem.

Many Thanks.
I would like to report this problem to the Spanish Tax Authorities. Can anyone (BeachComber?) advise me how to do this?

Many Thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 pm

You will have to try to do it using the AEAT helpline on 901 335533. I think it is option 7 for IT.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Stoker,
A thought...........has the new Safari got your certificates registered......... :?:

Not many Mac members ..........I see the new version has only just come out ...hindsight says would have been better to stay with working version until the dust had settled....... 8)

On topic but different OS Windows 8.1............some apps that worked on Version 8 don't on 8.1.

Will get round to trying Form 210 on 8.1 sometime soon............ :idea:

Added::

Smoother than I thought..........Windows 8.1 and Firefox 25.0 works ok

Usual warmings ...just close yours eyes and click ok............ :evil:

I was on a UK Gov site the other day..............guess they must be using the same programmers.........warnings about unsafe site etc............ :shock:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Beachcomber wrote:You will have to try to do it using the AEAT helpline on 901 335533. I think it is option 7 for IT.
OK Many Thanks Beachcomber

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi Stoker,
A thought...........has the new Safari got your certificates registered......... :?:

Not many Mac members ..........I see the new version has only just come out ...hindsight says would have been better to stay with working version until the dust had settled....... 8)
Enrique thanks for your reply.

I don't think I have any digital certificates. What I might try is reverting back to the previous version of Safari and see if it works.

I have tried it with Firefox and found that it works ok but I would still like them to sort out the problem with Safari. Luckily I have done my forms for this year so perhaps by this time next year it will all be sorted.

carynwales
Tourist

Postby carynwales » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:19 pm

I have just been looking at this form but can't see box 04 (income from immovable property - taxable base) got the heading for it, but no box, only the settlement ones 19 and 20, anyone else having the same problems

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:04 pm

You have to select option 02 from the drop down menu in Box 02 ('Tipo renta' or 'Income type' in English) before Box 04 will become visible.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 am

Before amending the FAQ on this subject I wanted to check if this is a universal problem or if it is just happening to me.

It looks as though they have been playing around with the form 210 because now, when you enter the amount of tax payable in box 22 it automatically puts the same amount in boxes 24, 28 and 31. What it doesn't to, however, is change the amount under 'Ingreso - Importe a Ingresar' if you are using a previously completed form from another year.

Also the form will not now open in Pale Moon. There has recently been an update to Pale Moon so I don't know if the culprit is 'Moonchild' or AEAT. It still works with the current version of Firefox but in Pale Moon at just hangs and usually says 'Not responding' although sometimes it will get as far as reproducing the form with the error message 'A script on this page has stopped working....'

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Beachcomber,
My initial run through with Palemoon 24.2.2
Had to manually put the amounts in boxes 24 28 31 after inputting in box 22

The Imgreso changed to the amount when entering in Box 31

It takes a while from clicking on the link in FAQ's before the AEAT Security box pops up, circa 2 mins.
and the Form 210 loads with a Java security check as well ............. :crazy:

I'll try it on a "clean" system later ............

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I didn't make it clear that the automatic entries in the other boxes was when I was using Firefox. I have just tried Pale Moon again and, as you say, if you wait for two minutes or more the form does open but, for me, with an unresponsive script error message but if I click on 'Stop Script' I can continue as normal and during the wait I get a 'Pale Moon (Not responding)' at the top of the page. When I try to make an entry in one of the boxes it locks up again

(A few minutes later)

I have just tried Pale Moon in safe mode and the form opens immediately and works properly so I assume it is objecting to one of my add-ons. (Ghostery, Google Disconnect, Do Not Track, AdBlock, Flashblock etc) I will have to try disabling them one by one in normal mode.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:38 am

I have tracked it down to the recently updated version of Do Not Track Me. Whitelisting AEAT is no good. I had to totally disable it for the form to work.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Good to know Beachcomber...........

Apart for Adblock plus on Firefox/Palemoon I've "clean" browsers for the AEAT stuff......... :evil:

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 am

Hi guys,

It's this time of the year again (to do the Form 210), so I thought I'd do it sooner this time to get it out of the way :)

One thing I just noticed - if I go to the Agencia Tributaria's "Electronic Office", then click on "My record" and login with my digital certificate, then go to the "Modificacion de Datos" drop-down menu on the right, I can then see "Impuesto sobre la renta de no residentes" there. Once I click on it, it opens a new window (here is a direct link to that window) where it looks like they want me to make a choice of the tax regime, and the heading says:

"C) Impuesto sobre la Renta de no Residentes correspondiente a establecimientos permanentes o a entidades en atribución de rentas constituidas en el extranjero con presencia en territorio español"

This to me means that they assume I am a non-resident, but have a permanent establishment in Spain (i.e., do some business there), which is not the case of course. I was kind of expecting to see something related to the Form 210 instead.

Could someone possibly try the above steps and see if they get the same screen? That would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Alex

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:07 am

Your direct link doesn't work for me and if I follow the steps you describe I do not see the heading to which you refer under 'Modificación de datos'.

I wondered if this could be because I am a resident but I checked with the digital certificate of someone who is a non-resident and I see only two options and the one you describe is not one of them.

A few minutes later

I have looked into this further. It seems that the options that come up depend on your fiscal situation. My wife, for example, has more options than I do because she is registered as autónomo and I am not.

However, when I check using the digital signatures of two non-residents which I have on my PC the option you describe shows up on the husband's but not the wife's. They were both registered at the same time, in the same office and by the same person. Why one shows the option and the other one doesn't is beyond me.

I would be inclined to leave well alone.
Let's go Brandon!

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Thanks a lot, Beachcomber!

Based on your findings, it does look like a somewhat different fiscal status, but it is also beyond me to figure out what the difference is :)
In our case both my wife and I have the same options under 'Modificación de datos', and we were also registered by the same office/person and at the same time.

From further searching, that "Impuesto sobre la renta de no residentes" screen seems to be part of Modelo 036 (page 6 of it) which is used for registering for self-employment etc.
So I'm going to take your advice and leave it well alone, as I have no intention to sign up for something like this.

Thanks again for your help. If I find out more, I'll update this thread as it might be of interest to others.

Alex

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

The AEAT web site is not known for its ease of use nor its efficient functionality. The notoriously badly designed form 210 works perfectly on my PC with Pale Moon as do my wife's quarterly renta and IVA returns but when I tried to submit her annual IVA return I had to use Chrome because Pale Moon wouldn't work!

When you call the AEAT IT department they are totally clueless and can offer no explanation or solution whatsoever.
Let's go Brandon!

Alex_
Tourist

Postby Alex_ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi again, Beachcomber!

In your super-helpful "Non-resident imputed income tax - Form 210" FAQ you recommend to specify the address of your property in Spain for receiving notifications (for “Domicilio notificaciones”). This is what I've done with this year's Modelo 210 (and also with Modelo 030 in the past), but I’m not sure if this was the right thing to do for my situation as I usually visit my Spanish apartment only once a year and so can’t collect my post in timely manner. I’ve also registered to receive electronic communications from Agencia Tributaria (via Portal 060). Just wondering what takes precedence if I have both address for notification and electronic communications setup – would AEAT still be sending post (if any) to my Spanish address, or will they be sending it all electronically, or both?

Not sure if there is a definitive answer to this question given the state of the AEAT systems, but if you have any suggestions regarding this they would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:31 pm

I think they do both. They have in at least one instance but, who knows. However, if you should happen to receive a written notification but not an electronic one you would have a good case for not responding to the postal communication because you will be able to prove that you registered for electronic notifications for this very reason.

Anyway, you can check on the Sede Electrónica section of the AEAT web site to see if there is anything pending for you as well as expecting to receive a notification via your 060 DEH. I am pretty sure that your information is entered automatically on the Sede Electrónica whether or not you have access to it.
Let's go Brandon!

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi just wanted to pass on my thanks to Beachcomber just used your link re non resident tax forms worked perfectly. I had filled my own in some years ago on the old handwritten forms following your advice without problem. However since then have been getting them completed for me to pay thinking you had to be registered to submit them. I couldn't believe how simple this was, thank you very much.
Bob

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 am

If anyone is going to use Cajasur bank for payment of non-resident taxes please be aware that, due to a bug in their software, a separate form will be generated which you will be asked to sign. This form refers to AEAT Modelo 250 and concerns the payment of a non-resident tax on foreign dividends and is nothing to do with the non-resident imputed income tax.

Do not sign this form as you could leave yourself open to all kinds of investigation by AEAT. The fault is caused by the fact that the número de justificante of the form 210 currently begins with 250 and a bank error in automatic reading of the barcode on the form 210 means it has to be overidden by the bank staff.

The bank's IT department has been made aware of this error and they promise that it will be rectified.
Let's go Brandon!