Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
DavidF
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby DavidF » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Beachcomber you're a gem.

Thanks a million, works perfectly.

Wow, what a relief.

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi DavidF,
So what was to FIX.............. :?:

I'm still bogged down with technical issues on this Windows 8 system.............. :oops:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 pm

The error messages were as a result of a slight discrepancy in the user input and the fact that the AEAT instruction sheet both in Spanish and English still show the tax rate as 24% instead of 24,75%.

The problem bore no relationship whatsoever to the error message. More sloppy programming by AEAT IT department.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback Beach............ :D

So your FAQ is still good to go and up to date ......... :D

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Enrique wrote:.. Should work paying full amount on one person NIE, ours was on one person(as set up by lawyer ) for many years until it came up on A.com that you had to split the amount and submit two forms.
So do you think it would be possible to complete one form and make one payment instead of the two we normally do ? I ask because I took my husband's name off the Spanish bank account just before he died, so I don't think I will be able to automatically pay his half, even though I still have a digital cert for him.
I know I could fill in the form & print it, & take it to the bank to pay, but then I'd have to go to the tax office as well (the bank won't send it on, even tho they're supposed to :roll: ), which I'd really rather not !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi chrissiehope,
We didn't get any feed back from AEAT when we switched from one Form 210 full amount to two at half.
Interestingly when I did the calculations and made it less than the lawyers original figure still no feed back from AEAT.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:45 pm

chrissiehope, I wouldn't think this would be a problem. Logically (and legally) you cannot submit a tax return for a deceased person. If there should be a query you may need to explain but I would have thought this unlikely.
Let's go Brandon!

DavidF
Tourist

Postby DavidF » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Enrique,

I feel such a fool to admit it, but there ws two problems, The first was my own stupidity, when entering my NIE, I realised the field was not big enough for the whole number including hyphens, so assumed I dropped the common "X-" at font of the number. When Beachcomber sent me an email showing the format of the filename that the data is saved under, I realised my mistake. Why the hell the original validation could not say "Invalid NIE" instead of the very missleading error message about not being able to process document at the moment with error number 0201 is incomprehensible.

After getting the NIE corrected, I then got error messages concerning the tax calculation, and Beachcomber pointed out that I had put the total property value in the "Taxable Base" instead of 1.1% of the value. I had done the calculation correctly (Amongst other tries with different combinations of value and rates), but as soon as I corrected this and put 1.1% of the property value in the box, all dropped into place and I now have two PDF to take to the bank.

Wonderful to get help in this excellent forum.

Many thanks to all.

Regards, a very humble and stupid feeling David F.

veejayelle
Tourist

Postby veejayelle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks Beachcomber for your suggestions - and also Enrique. If I go with the paying it all myself option, would I be able to fill in and validate another form in my name - as I've already validated one with me paying just half and have printed it out with the barcode?

Another problem I can foresee is that the bank uses my passport number (rather than my NIE) as my 'Usuario'. I think someone on here said this caused a problem when they tried to pay the tax at their bank. In any event, I'll have to ask a neighbour to take the form to the bank.

What a palaver! I'll never moan about the Inland Revenue again!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi,
If you haven't paid, just redo the Form 210 for the full amount in your name/NIE.

If you're getting a friend to pay.............do it in cash.

Ensure your copy from the bank is clearly stamped and dated........... :!: :!: :!:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm

As Enrique says, if you pay in cash the discrepancy with your bank over the ID will not be a problem. It can be paid in any bank not necessarily your own.

Also make sure that the bank properly validates your receipted copy of the 210. This is one or two lines of computer generated digits incorporating the date and the amount paid etc.

A week or so ago I had to show a receipted copy of a 210 at AEAT for someone who was claiming their retention back because AEAT said they had no record of it. This has become a standard ploy for delaying repayment. The form was stamped by the bank and the clerk did reluctantly accept it after I insisted but said that the copies should show the proper validation.

When I queried this with the bank the bank clerk said that they had been told not to validate the copies in order to save printer ink. Can you believe it??? Anyway, if you insist they will do it.
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:08 pm

nevillewillmott wrote:... while my early attempts with Modelo 210 are indeed on record at AEAT, I can see no record of payment there. After studying this website, I believe payment requires a further procedure...
Just to go back to this for a moment, I have checked with AEAT and, as I indicated earlier, the bank debit is indeed made on the date of the deadline for payment which in the case of form 210 is the 31st December.

It may well be that the discrepancy between the AEAT records and your bank account will prevent payment being made but do not rely on the fact that no deductions have yet been made from your bank account confirms this.

It would be very unusual that your declarations appear on your record of tax submissions if the payments have not actually been made.
Let's go Brandon!

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Beachcomber

Having looked in various nooks and crannies of the AEAT website, I agree with you. The payments of mine on record with AT will not fall due until 31st December 2014

Currently, I am trying to have these deleted (could not find a way to do this myself on AEAT website). However, using the AEAT website, I may have found a way to do this. I think the first word in the link was 'Recursos' which I believe can mean 'Appeal' in Spanish. Pursuing this route allows you to send documentation to AT. A few days ago I attempted to explain in a Microsoft Word document, composed in Spanish, the situation. The appeal was acknowledged but no reply so far. Perhaps my Spanish was just not up to it

Un saludo

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:29 pm

It can take several weeks for them to respond to an appeal. You will get a reply through the Sede Electronica under Mis Expedientes or Mis Notificaciones. If you have subscribed to Notificaciones Electronicas using your digital certificate you will get an email telling you that you have a notification. If not you will need to keep checking.
Let's go Brandon!

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:35 pm

test

veejayelle
Tourist

Postby veejayelle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:37 am

Have decided to go with the option of paying all the tax in my name and sort out registration of my co-owner with the tax office when we next go over. A neighbour has kindly agreed to take the form to a bank. Just a couple more queries:

- The form I've printed out is for the money to be deducted from my account. If she goes to my bank (Sabadell) to submit the form on my behalf, should this present a problem?

- As a back-up, I'd like to give her the option of paying in cash. Can I just validate and send her another set of forms with the paying cash option? This will then be the third set I will have vbalidated (as the first was for just paying my half). Am I right in thinking these forms are not lodged with the tax office until payment is made?

- I'm not clear where I have to hand-write my NIE number ( "If you print out the forms you must write in your NIE number by hand on the 'Documento de ingreso' and date and sign all copies.") Is it on all three of the forms? I can't see a specific box for this so should I write them below the 'date and signature box'.

- Just to get things absolutely clear, in the 'Date and signature' box, there's a line for date, then it says below 'Signature' and below that another line with 'Signed Mr/Ms'. Do I sign below 'Signature' and then print my name on the 'Signed Mr/Ms' line?

Sorry if some of these questions sound a bit dumb, but I want to make sure I get every detail right as there seems to be so much potential for slipping up!

Thanks again Beachcomber, Enrique et al for your responses.

Val

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 am

Good morning,
Beachcomber will have a better take on paying using a third-party, and a form with your bank details.

You can generate as many Form 210 and validate a you like only the one that gets paid will be recorded.

I wrote my NIE top left on the Form, one year forgot to do it and it was still ok.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:46 am

I think the best option would be just to give her the cash to pay the tax. She can then pay it in any bank. As Enrique says, the generated forms are not validated at AEAT until payment is made and the bank enters the payment into the system.

You only have to write your NIE number in the box provided on two of the forms. On the third it is already printed. The box they are talking about is the one in the top left hand corner marked 'NIF' just above and to the left of the first instance of your name. As I said, this will be blank on two of the three forms.

There is not much room in the 'Date and Signature' box and there is no mention in the instructions of printing your name. Just write the date and sign the form. Don't worry about printing your name.

There is no specific option (no box to tick) for paying in cash, just leave the bank details blank.
Let's go Brandon!

veejayelle
Tourist

Postby veejayelle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:03 am

Thanks for mega-prompt replies. Yes, I can see there's a very small space in the 'Person performing the self-assessment' box top left-hand corner, just to the left of the barcode. Not much room to squeeze it in, though. Will print another version now - this time a 'paying by cash' one. Just hope the forms don't get lost in the post when I send them to Spain!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:24 am

Could you not send them to your neighbour by email as an attachment and get her to print them out or is that pushing neighbourliness a little too far?
Let's go Brandon!