Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Cornflake4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 pm

All fine at my end as well. ;-)

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi guys,

Me again!

So my saga carries on...as it turns out, my Father's bank (Sabadell) had done a typo on his passport number when they opened the account (!), I got that corrected.

I have pleaded for the whole week asking them if the NIF registered at their end (his foreign passport number) could be changed to his NIE regarding not being able to use the digital certificate and pay online otherwise.
I've also forwarded AEAT error messages etc to no avail.

I'm going to go down the NRC route but before I monumentally mess things up, and because the bank doesn't seem to know how things really work, can someone positively confirm that they have been able to file their Modelo 210 using their digital certificate by inputting the NRC number manually EVEN though the bank's NIF is the foreign passport number hence different from the AEAT NIF reference and that subsequently, payment and form were reconcilied by the AEAT?

Thanks!

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:48 pm

Yes, I can confirm that that does work. I just did it that way last week. That is:

1. Paid the tax via my bank's web site.
2. Copied the resulting NRC. (Don't lose it! On my bank's website, I couldn't find a way to get it back later.)
3. Filled out Form 210 using my digital certificate. Pasted in the NRC at the bottom, then sign and send.
4. It was accepted.

I have the same situation as your father. My bank has my fiscal identifier as my passport number, not my NIE.

- Eric S.

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks for your feedback!
I just went ahead and it worked! I was even a little worried it wouldn't match the NRC to the declaration but it does (as I did a typo which changed the grand total when I went back in the form and it gave me an error saying that the NRC was not the correct one)!

To pay the tax and get the NRC before submitting the return for anyone with Banco Sabadell online:
- go to "Other Services"
- go to "Operations" (in the middle of the page)
- go to "Liquidations"
Do not use the AEAT section just before "Operations"

Hurrah!!!! Now for my UK returns!!!!!

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:03 pm
I had been intending to compile a new FAQ for declarations for 2018 and subsequent. Your posts have prompted me to make a start on it. If you encounter any further anomalies or difficulties with the new form please let me know. I can only do it from my own personal experiences and from that of others.
Hi Beachcomber,
I have completed 4 previous Modelo 210 for 2014-17 with no problems thanks to your comprehensive instructions.

Today I have just tried to complete the new 2018+ declaration using https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... /index.zul
I manually re-entered my data based on my 2017 submission, obviously updating everything to 2018. When I got to Validate Tax Return, I got code 0001 no errors found. However I didn't notice an option to Validate and Generate a PDF, so I went to Generate preliminary tax return, thinking it would have the option there but all it did was generate a *******_2018_0A.210 file, no pdf.
Furthermore it did not seem to generate a new DTSFORML.dat file

I was able to Export and save the *******_2018_0A.210, and was able to re-import it again but I couldn't get it to re-validate or generate a PDF file.
I always pay by cash at a bank in Spain so I need the PDF file.
Do you have any suggestions about how I can produce it and what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:36 pm

'Validate a preliminary tax return' should generate a PDF'. I have not heard that the members who have been using the form for declaring their actual rental income have experienced this problem

The file you are generating is the file format for the 2017 and previous tax returns.

So far I have only used the new version of the 210 to reclaim the 3% retention on sale and it has always generated a PDF.

You are obviously using the English version of the form. It should not make any difference but could you try using the Spanish version of the form and let us know if you get the same problem.

I know that AEAT is still playing around with the form because they swapped the web page addresses around a few days ago.

Please keep trying and keep us updated.

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi Beachcomber thanks for your response.
1) I have now found how to generate the PDF for the new 2018 Modelo 210 process. Thanks
2) However, for me, the instructions show different text, so there is no 'Validate and generate a PDF' as you mention. Using your link to the 2018 submission form, the bottom of the page that I see, is here below:
Bottom of the Modelo 210 (2018 onwards) form
Bottom of the Modelo 210 (2018 onwards) form
Pressing the Validate Tax Return button (bottom middle), checks the form for errors, if there are none then
Pressing the Generate Preliminary Tax Return button (bottom Right) takes you to the following window
Confirmation Window
Confirmation Window
If you press continue here, then it generates the PDF in the next window (in the language you chose to complete the form in, I tend to do one in English for my records and a further one in Spanish to submit)

To print the PDF, there is the link click here to download the pdf on the bottom LEFT and you can obviously either print it out or save it to your computer.
print pdf.jpg
I still have one further question: I cannot find a new dtsforml.dat file.
In the previous Modelo 210 online submission screen, you had to have a dtsforml.dat file in your c:/AEAT folder. I still have one there from past submissions, but it hasn't been modified, it is still around a year old.
Is dtsforml.dat now redundant ?

Thanks again for your help

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:33 pm

I think I may have been editing my previous post whilst you were compiling yours. I am sure the dtsforml.dat file was used in the days when the form 210 used Java. I am not sure that it is still in use with the new format.

I will look into this further tomorrow.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:05 pm

ericsbcn wrote:
3. There are two ways to retrieve previously completed forms. On the Form 210 page:

A. Select under Submissions (Presentaciones): Filing accrued 2018 and following (Presentación devengos 2018 y siguientes). This will open a blank form. At the top of the form, fill in your NIF and name, and the period and year of the previous form you want to retrieve. Then, at the bottom, click the button that says "Load tax return" (Cargar)
Eric S

Could you please double check this for me. This certainly used to be the case as can be seen from a graphic from the AEAT help page:
210 a.jpg
but I have just used the form this morning and the 'Cargar' and 'Guardar' options seem to be missing:
210 b.jpg
They are also missing from a graphic in a post made by another member recently (slapdash)

Before I contact AEAT IT tomorrow could you or someone else please confirm that these options are now, in fact, missing and that I am not having some kind of aberration.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
What I get.............

Pull the Form up with Digital Signature I get the Top graphic as per your post above

Pull the Form up with out a Digital Signature I get the Bottom graphic as per your post above.

I've used the links from the FAQ.

I cleared the Cookies for agenciatributaria before doing the above.

I'm using the latest Firefox 64.0.2 and Windows 10 1809 build

FORGET all THE Above its now lost the TABS and reverted to the Bottom graphic as per your Post.....just had the Form open showing on a second Monitor while typing my POST......... :crazy:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Thank you Enrique. I hope this has just been caused by the fact that they have been playing around with the form. I have to go out in the morning but I will try to call them tomorrow afternoon if it has not been resolved by then. Thanks for your help.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 am

I've just checked it again -- with digital certificate -- and the Cargar and Guardar buttons are there. Maybe it's an issue of the link being outdated again? I always go to the main site https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es and then navigate down through the choices. That way, I'm fairly certain to get the latest form.

- Eric S.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:48 am

Yes, these options are now available on the form with a digital certificate but not on the one without. The link addresses on the AEAT web page and on the FAQ are exactly the same.

AEAT couldn't give me a definitive answer but they did say the form was still being worked on according to customer feedback. They told me to call back today.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Well, I suppose that makes sense. With the old form where you saved the data on your own hard disk, it didn't matter. But now that the data is stored on AEAT servers, they have to make sure everyone's personal data is secure. Without a digital certificate, AEAT doesn't know who you are, so they wouldn't want to let you save and retrieve information from your bucket on their server.

- Eric S.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Yes, I was thinking along those lines. If the declarant can access the details on their server so could anyone else with their name and NIE number but the option had been there for some time. Maybe they could require an figure from a certain box number on the previous declaration as they do for the resident tax return without a digital certificate.

When I tried the export/import option last year it didn't work properly with the imported data being scrambled. Hopefully they have cured that now.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:00 pm

I have used the new save and retrieve functions successfully for the last couple of quarters.

- Eric S.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Hopefully they have fixed then. So far I have only used the form for retention reclaims.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:29 pm

I have successfully completed my non-resident income tax forms since 2008, thanks to this forum and especially "Beachcomber".
In the past, I completed these forms using a PC running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer browser.
Having a digital certificate, I have just successfully submitted 2018's Modelo 210, using Windows 7 and the Chrome browser.
By clicking on the "Export" button at the bottom of the Modelo 210 form, you can save the entered details to anywhere on your computer and then re-enter them back on the form using the "Import" button.
If you need to save more than 1 copy of the form to your computer using the "Export" button, make sure you rename each given title by adding a different letter of your choice to the end of each one, so you can differentiate between them.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi,
When paying online with a Digital Signature watch out for the relatively short Time Out period on the Form 210, if it takes some time to get the NRC from your Bank then do this first so when you load the Form 210 you're ready to go .

Had some conflicting pop ups......"Server Temporary unavailable" and a " Sign and send "

Question:

If having paid via Bank with NRC and submitted Form 210 using NRC how long before it is Recorded on the AEAT site. :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Just a point of interest, entering details onto the Modelo 210 form and submitting them can now be successfully completed using a Chromebook. AEAT have really got their act together now!