Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
JWhite
Resident

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby JWhite » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Just tried amending the figure and I did think it was going to work as it said it was loading and a red bar appeared but nothing happened, when I tried to refresh the page it said there was a technical error with Adobe Acrobat. Someone else I read about had a problem with the new version of this which i have. Should I try unloading it and install an earlier version ? :?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm

I would try installing Foxit Reader instead:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
Let's go Brandon!

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Success at last :thumbup:

Tried it yesterday and it said there was a problem with Adobe Acrobat so tried to download a previous version but a message came back that there was a more functional programme already loaded which obviously was the 10.1 which I had tried to use so I left it at that.

Came back this morning and tried again to generate the forms and it worked !!!

Go figure ?

Thanks to all those that persevered with me through this which has taken me more than a month to get done, especially Beachcomber who has been brilliant, never getting frustrated with my numerous enquiries and coming back time and time again to help me.

You should be awarded the MBE equivalent of the "Order of the Board!" :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone, I can now stay legal within the Spanish Tax system ! :D

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:20 pm

By the way Beachcomber,

Why does it ask that you write your NIE No. on all three forms when it is already printed on the first form ?

Strange eh ? :wink:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 pm

I think this is some kind of security check. It is the same for my wife's quarterly IVA return on form 303 which is also completed using the 'formulario' method.

Interestingly, that program also generates the 'anagrama' which some people cannot ascertain because they have never had access to their tax labels.

Congratulations on completing your forms.
Let's go Brandon!

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Just for the record - if no paper work goes to the tax office - why do you need to hand write your NIF number on the form.
Hell, my bank didnt even know what to do with the form when I went to pay it.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I was struggling for well over an hour this afternoon to complete my online form 210, and was getting errors telling me that the Location of the Property: Postcode and Location of the Property: Province were missing; and indeed there were, because there were no boxes displayed for me to complete them.

Then something tweaked in my brain and I decided to try compatibility view - (I'm running Win7 IE9), and the shape of the form changed and I now had scroll bars, and after selecting Income Type 02; I found that the missing postcode and province boxes were visible.

Completed the form for the zillionth time, getting quite fast at it now, and I didn't complete the Taxpayers Representative section, got to the end, and wanted to go back to the top to select the Optional Save File, just in case of any errors, but after clicking it nothing seemed to happen; so went back to the bottom of the page and clicked Validate and generate PDF, and a new screen opened with this error message:

Errores detectados:EN ESTOS MOMENTOS SU PETICION NO PUEDE SER ATENDIDA, CODIGO DE ERROR:0115

and this below it:
Para volver a la página de entrada de datos pulse el botón Atrás, Anterior, Back o término similar del navegador.

So I pressed back and annoyingly it opens as a new blank form.

Does anyone know what Error 0115 means?
Bing translate gives me this: Errors: at the moment your request can not be HEEDED, code error:0115

But does that just mean that there is a problem with the AEAT website on a Sunday afternoon, or something else?

Beachcomber
On a slightly related topic, in a couple of your earlier replies this weekend, you suggest to either jwhite or concorde to attach a screenshot. Before I switched to compatability view, I was going to ask for help and wanted to inseert a screen shot but no matter how I tried the reply form here wouldn't let me. I took a screen shot, I also use Gadwin Printscreen to grab just part of the screen and save the output as a .PNG file, but couldn't figure out how to insert that either.
I must be missing something, can you tell me what?

Many thanks.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Unfortunately the error codes don't seem to mean much. I got that error once and discovered that the NIE number or the name was entered erroneously in one of the boxes.

If the copying of the file worked it should be in C:\AEAT\210 under the filename: X1234567C-2011-OA.210 but in the name of your own NIE number

You can't just insert a screenshot into the forum. You have to upload it to a photo-storage medium like Photobucket then give a link to it.
Let's go Brandon!

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks for a fast reply Beachcomber.

I'll try again tomorrow and see if I get more success.

The file isn't saved anywhere - I've searched the C drive for AEAT, and put C:\AEAT\210 into the "search programs and files" box in the start menu. Should I be able to optionally save before the form has been validated and created as a pdf?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Yes, you should be able to save the file and import it again into a blank form.
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have had the "Hallelujah chorus" playing when this post was viewed!

Finally gone and done it, and now have the precious form in my sweaty little mitt.

the reason for all the errors, well the last lot, was because my calculations were slightly wrong.
It'll be that dodgy calculator :oops:

It looks like I have overpaid the taxman by, oooh, at least a couple of euros, each year, for the last 6 years.

Then, because I had to use Firefox to get the form to show properly in the first place, I also needed to add Foxit Reader to it to open the pdfs, which I ended up with 3 copies of!
I already had Foxit and it opened pdfs in IE, however it seemed it was out of date for Firefox to open.

Please do not ask Beachcomber any more questions on this subject for a while.
I think he has, left the country/joined the Foreign Legion/changed his name or all of these, after battling gallantly with my problems.

Going to try my O.H.s now.
Watch this space :lolno:
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi concorde,
A good result........... :D

You didn't go the extra mile and pay on-line with your Digital Signature...........¿por qué no ?

8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Enrique,
there was as much chance of me trying that as England winning last night :lolno:

Now, alas, since I (and Beachcomber) have triumphed, we may never meet :cry:

However, we can still talk 'adaptors' :shh:
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:08 pm

OK, now getting fed up entering the same information repeatedly and sometimes varying it and always getting an Error 115 when I validate and generate PDF.

I just want to check a few things please.

At the top of the form where it asks for NIF, I'm putting my NIE number, and entering "S" as the taxpayer, which then brightens up a box "If you are filing as taxpayer and you do not have a NIF tax code, click S Taxpayer(s) and click here to get your identification code"; from Beachcomber's instructions on 1 Jan 2012, I think I'm doing it right, or, do I have to apply for another identification code?

I have now resorted to only completing the boxes marked with an asterix, plus the address of our Spanish House.

I am completing as Period 0A 2011 with accrual date of 31122011

In box 4 I have tried putting the valor catastral 49513,66 x 1.1% = 544,65026 (544,65); I have tried halving this as there is me and my wife paying the tax (still get Error 115 at the end). The following bits are using the 544,65 figure.
Box 21 = 24,00%
Box 22 = 65,36 which is half of 544,65 x 24% for my tax form, half for my wife.
Box 23 = 0
Box 24 = 65,36
Boxes 25, 26, 27 left blank or entered 0
Box 28 = 65,36
Boxes 29 and 30 = 0
Box 31 = 65,36

Supplementary self assessment left blank
Positive Result clicked the Deposit radio button
The screen displays in faint grey something like amount to pay 65,36

Click on Validate and generate PDF

Error 115 go back and start again..aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!!

It's got to be something simple (and stupid) hasn't it????

I have double checked my NIE number, I am entering surname christian name - the form self populates some of this later.

I can now complete the form in just over two minutes, is this a world record? Even if it is, AEAT still won't accept it.

I want to pay this in two weeks when we are next over, and don't want to revert to using the gestor, and paying more to her than to the taxman, when doing the old Form 210 last year was so easy.

Last year the bill was 65,36 each - same as this year should be.

All help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 pm

First of all try clicking on 'Optional: Save file' box once you have entered the data and before clicking on Validate and Generate. This should save a file in C\AEAT\210 under the format X1234567C-2011-OA.210. There is actually a message telling you where the file has been saved. Then, if you get a 0115 error you can import the data using 'Optional: Import file data' saving you the trouble of completing the form again.

Your NIE number should be in one block with no spaces or dashes. You do not need another number.

In the area under 'Taxpayer' where your NIE number and name are self-populated make sure you select 'F' under 'F/J' then complete your date of birth etc. Bear in mind that the self-population only works the first time you enter it. If you subsequently alter you NIE number or name under 'Person performing the self-assessment' the alterations will not be recognised under 'Taxpayer' and you have to change them manually. Make sure they are exactly the same in both locations.

Do you have any labels with your name and NIE number? Enter your name and NIE number as shown on the labels even if it is incorrect.

The error 0115 seems to be associated with the entry of your name and NIE number. If there is a problem with the calculations the error is specified. Yours appear to be correct anyway.

The asterisks showing obligatory fields are arbitrary. I'm pretty sure that address in country of residence, at least, is obligatory.

Have a fiddle around and let us know how you get on.
Let's go Brandon!

rtt3821
Tourist

Postby rtt3821 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Beachcomber, I need help. I filed a tax form in 2009 for tax year 2008. Returned home and my wife and I got ill, me with lung lymphoma. I haven't filed any tax declarations since the 2008 one. So do I use form 210 for 2009, 2010 and 2011? Hopefully, we will travel to Spain in September and I can file the tax forms. Finally, is the a penalty and if so, how do I calculate it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 pm

You will need the old style forms for the tax years of 2009 and 2010

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... od210e.pdf

and the new one for 2011.

There is no way of knowing what the fines and surcharges will be for late payment, if any. You just make the normal payment through the bank and you will be notified of any fines at a later date. I know of several people who have made late payments, especially when making the declarations in order to reclaim their 3% retention on property sale, and I don't know of anyone who has been fined.

However, make sure that AEAT has an address at which you can be notified or, if this is not possible, register for electronic notifications by way of a digital signature.
Let's go Brandon!

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Have a fiddle around and let us know how you get on.
Hi Beachcomber
Well I had a fiddle around, and got a bit more frustrated, then thought that I remembered in an earlier post a suggestion to try a different browser than Internet Explorer, or to find an XP machine.

I didn't want to load Firefox or Chrome, so powered up the ancient XP desktop machine (the same one that already had an appointment this coming weekend with the great desktop graveyard at the recycling depot) late on Tuesday night, waited an age for it to load and tell me it needed megabytes of upgrades, and typed in the AEAT URL.

The site loaded, displayed a little differently than on my Windows 7, IE9 laptop - although part of that could be due to screen size, and without much enthusiasm away I went again.

It let me optionally save the file, then after hitting Validate and Generate PDF, it gave me a host of error messages which all related to the figure in Box 04, so I halved the value in there and tried again.

Eureka!

It worked, I saved the pdf and went to bed.

Tonight I repeated the exercise after doing all of the myriad updates, and created my wife's tax return within a few minutes.

Amazing.

So, in my case at least, AEAT don't like Win7 and IE9 not even in compatibility mode, but on an old XP machine that has had a reprieve from the recycling boys, it works.

Hopefully in a year's time, AEAT will have it working on Win7 and IE9; or will it be Win8 by then???

Many thanks as always for your encouragement, enthusiasm and patience with me and the others; I hope that Mrs B is as patient with you as you are with us.

Off to the bank in a couple of weeks....

Thanks again - Zanuck.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm glad you have managed to do it. I use XP for this and never have any problems. I'm getting a Windows 7 desktop next week so I shall try it with that but I am hanging on to this PC just in case.

Everyone please remember that if there are two owners you halve the the amount before you put it in box 4 not afterwards in other words 'valor catastral times 1,1% divided by two'. I think I shall have to make that clearer in the FAQ.

I should have pointed this out in my previous reply to you but I read your post as though you were already halving the figure. Well done, anyway.
Let's go Brandon!

ellens
Tourist

Postby ellens » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I have been reading all the comments with interest. If I want to pay the tax in Spain at the Halifax bank do I select in box 3 euros and in Ingreso do I put the spanish bank account number? I will not be going to Spain until October, can I imput the details now or do I have to wait until nearer the time?