Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:46 pm

I print scores of AEAT forms, including non-resident tax forms, in grey scale (black and white) as well as ones that need to be presented directly to the tax office and there has never been any question about their validity.

winniesmum
Tourist

Postby winniesmum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi winniesmum,
As you will be paying in the Bank they will just scan the Bar code so you should be ok.

If not then do them again.
Okay, thanks Enrique.
I'll give it a go tomorrow then :thumbup:

winniesmum
Tourist

Postby winniesmum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I print scores of AEAT forms, including non-resident tax forms, in grey scale (black and white) as well as ones that need to be presented directly to the tax office and there has never been any question about their validity.
Thanks Beachcomber, I'll present them at the bank tomorrow :thumbup:

angryminion
Tourist

Postby angryminion » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Evening all,

Was going through submitting my 210 earlier and the new site wasn't having any of it - regarding the payment options.

I've had no problem submitting returns over the previous three years after getting my digital cert. I've completed the online 210 and the money has been taken from my bank at the end of the year.
After the overhaul it now has introduced a problem which in one case I believe it is up to my bank to resolve, unless it is an error which can be 'ignored'... In anycase, the form has been validated and contains no errors.

I'm choosing:

Domiciliación del importe a ingresar
Direct debit of the amount to deposit

When clicking Sign and Send I get a po-up saying:

"Warnings for filing the form drawn up using this form
You can now sign and send the tax return, but there are warnings which you should check.
Do you want to continue signing and sending your tax return?"

I click no, and the form validation contains a new mesage:-

CODE -
TITIBANERR

The AEAT has not located the IBAN indicated on 31/12 of the previous year. Please ensure that the IBAN reported for direct debit of the amount to be paid corresponds to a valid account (current or savings) or credit account, and that the NIF Y-------- of the taxpayer corresponds to the holder of this account. Your bank will only accept payment if you meet this requirement

That says to me that for some reason my bank isn't providing my NIE to the AEAT website for confirmation that the account belongs to me (quite why it matters who is paying the bill is beyond me, but anyway.. that's the first issue. Anyone have anything better than what I've summised about the message?

So I try again, this time trying to pay by debit card from my spanish bank,

A ingresar
To deposit

I click to complete payment and obtain the NRC
Choose card payment - Pago con tarjeta de crédito/débito
Enter the relevant details, confirm them, then:

Error:
99La operación no se ha podido realizar. Respuesta de la ENTIDAD FINANCIERA: Código[99]-Error técnico

It's absolutely infuriating. With this I'm wondering if it's because it's a Saturday - god forbid anyone tries to do anything over the weekend, but looking at the bizarre 'service hours' for the banking connections I'm wondering if this particular issue is to do with the weekend? No idea. Anyone seen this before?

I uess it's just typical of Spain that something that has been working perfectly well for several years has been improved and now doens't work (for me at least) - I have a bank account and a debit card, yet they just don't want to let me pay. I've resorted to doing the paper method so failing this working on Monday I'll be paying a visit to the bank, or alternatively submitting my tax return under noe of the following options:

Reconocimiento de deuda con imposibilidad de pago
Reconocimiento de deuda con solicitud de aplazamiento

Anyone done one of those before? ;o)

Anyway, thanks for any advice anyone can shed on this. I'm going to go drink my tax liability away...

:o)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:38 am

I will have a look at this later when I turn on my PC but it is difficult to replicate the issue without going through the entire procedure. I always select the option to pay immediately but if the problem lies with your bank then this will not work either.

The English translation of instructions and error messages on the AEAT site leave a lot to be desired and often make no sense or are incorrect.

Meanwhile I have removed your NIE number from your post for security purposes and to protect your identity.

winniesmum
Tourist

Postby winniesmum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:39 am

Beachcomber wrote:I print scores of AEAT forms, including non-resident tax forms, in grey scale (black and white) as well as ones that need to be presented directly to the tax office and there has never been any question about their validity.
Enrique wrote:Hi winniesmum,
As you will be paying in the Bank they will just scan the Bar code so you should be ok.

If not then do them again.
Thanks both, accepted and paid :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:00 am

Hi angryminion,

"I click to complete payment and obtain the NRC"............

did you first obtain this number from your Bank via their "Pay Taxes " option........ :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

angryminion
Tourist

Postby angryminion » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Enrique,

Edited post to say I obtained an NRC from my bank and was able to complete the process and submit my 210. Thanks for the info - I'd missed that crucial step (I was thinking the AEAT and bank would generate this betwen them) - anyway, all done and submitted. Thanks again,

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi

I wonder whether someone could help me please

After using this forum to successfully fill in and submit previous versions of the 210 form, I am having difficulty in completing the new form for the period of 2018.

I am getting a error code of 3900 when I try to validate the new form. The error relates to the "Type of Declaration" which is shown at the bottom of the form. It is forcing me to either choose "a ingresar" or "ingresso por transferencia desde el extranero" To the best of my knowledge I cannot remember having to fill this field on previous forms and I am not sure which box to check.

Normally I forward the completed forms to my Spanish bank (Sabadell) and ask them to pay the tax.

Can anyone please give me some advice on this please

Many thanks

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi rt21,
Are you using the new Procedure............ :?: as shown in FAQ's...............

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Enrique

Yes I read the new procedures and downloaded the new form from that page.

Having read the new procedures again I am still unsure what to do.

regards

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi rt21,
So you fill in the form as though you would take it into the Bank to pay as though you were in Spain........... :?:
and click bottom right Tab " Generate preliminary tax return"

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi Enrique

Thank you for helping me

I avoided checking one of the two boxes at the bottom for "a ingresar" or "ingresso por transferencia desde el extranero" and simply pressed the bottom right tab "generar predeclaracion"

However the same error message as before popped up saying that "3900 El campo Tipo de declaración es obligatorio Registro Nº 1". Meaning that I had to select one of the two above mentioned boxes"

Just out of interest I checked the box for "a ingresar" and a pop up box appeared stating:

"Payment made to Treasury, restricted account for collaboration in the Tax Agency's self-assessed tax collection".

"Amount: 45.79"

"The account is optional and should not be completed if you are applying for payment deferral or if you wish to make the payment in cash"

"IBAN: ....................................... "

When I checked the box "ingresso por transferencia desde el extranero" a pop up box appeared stating:

"Means of payment information"

"Payment made to the Public Treasury. Restricted account for collaboration in the Tax Agency?s self-assessed tax collection.ES8790000001200270002107"

"Account holder: Tax Identification Number XXXXXXXXX"

"Surname(s) and first name / Company name Richard T"

There was a check box for "European Union/SEPA" and the following

"Account number (IBAN): ...................................... SWIFT-BIC .................."

I suspect that I should tick the "a ingresar" box as I am asking my bank Sabadell to make the payment but I am not sure.

Any ideas on which of the two boxes to check would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi rt21,
This is clearly above my my pay grade............Beachcomber may throw some light on this method of payment.

If it was me I'd fill form in as though I was taking it to bank to pay in cash and have an enclosed letter to Bank stating to pay from Account xyz1234 etc.

You have a whole year to pay this Non-Resident tax so the simplest way is to pay when you're over on Holiday, if you Have a Digital Signature you can pay on-line, that's the second simplest.

When you get it right Save your Data so next year you only have to change the date and any tax adjustments.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:43 pm

You must check one of the two boxes otherwise it will not work. This has been the case since the online forms were originally introduced in 2012. Unfortunately the error messages in English are nothing more than a number of translated words strung together which rarely make much sense. This is why there is a disclaimer on most of the English language pages that in any dispute the original Spanish version will take precedence.

Sending the forms to the bank for payment is a bit hit and miss and depends on the goodwill of one or some members of staff who may or may not undertake to carry out this service. It is not a recognised bank service and using this method may not work but if you are going to do it this way you should check 'a ingresar'. Leaving both boxes empty is not an option.

AEAT allows a whole year in which to submit the tax for the previous year on the not unreasonable assumption that most non-resident property owners will visit Spain at least once during that period when they can take care of paying the tax.

In the event that you are unable to come to Spain the answer, as Enrique says, is to obtain a digital signature. You can then pay online but you must ensure that the bank identification corresponds with AEAT records otherwise that will not work either.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Thank you Enrique and Beachcomber for taking the trouble to help me. It is much appreciated

I have completed the 210 forms for the past 5 years using your comprehensive guidelines and have had no problems in raising the forms nor in my bank processing the payment. However this year I have found the amended 210 form a little bit more challenging to complete. However, with the advice that you have given me I am sure that I will be able to successfully complete the form tomorrow.

Many thanks once again for your help and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

Richard

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Please let us know if you need any more help.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:05 am

For the past couple of years I have completed the online form, paid the bill online through my bank (which has an option to do this), and then sent the printed tax form, together with a covering letter and a copy of the payment receipt from the bank, to the Tax Office in Antequera. I no longer have a digital certificate, and haven't been to Spain since May 2017.
So far this seems to have worked - am I likely to have any problems this year with the form having changed ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:00 am

The main issue with the new form is that you cannot import data from previous years. The procedure for payment has not changed so if this method has worked for you in the past there is no reason why it should not continue to do so.

However, because this is not the usual method you may need to provide proof of payment if you can reclaim the retention when you sell your property.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes, I have copies of the bank receipts :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)