Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
concorde
Resident

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby concorde » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:18 pm

ellens,
to save you wading through all the posts, try this link
It is a FAQ thread kindly put together by Beachcomber and will give you the answers to most queries.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27897&p=260418#p260418
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

If you are coming to Spain in October you can pay in cash at the bank with no need to enter a bank account number. I would leave filling in the form until a little closer to the time.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
"I would leave filling in the form until a little closer to the time."
With all the hassle posters are having getting an error free validated form would it not be better to start now. :?:
I had hoped it(Form 210) would have been resolved by now and be as hassle free as doing an on-line Tesco order. ( There are other on-line grocery stores :) )

:think:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Having mastered the moronic intricacies, stupidities, omissions and oddities of this Spanish masterpiece (thanks to beach and others) since March this year I just post it off to my bank branch with an authorisation letter. They make payment and post me my copies (all niely stamped of course.)

The only problem i now get is when my branch can't read my barcode. I now always send a couple of (theoretically redundant) etiquettas - one for the wife and one for me.

Why they don't stamp "BETA" on it is beyond comprehension, as is the fact that you see no publicity or reporting of this issue in the (supposedly independent) press.

On the plus side now i don't have to retype all the basic information the process is much quicker than it was before.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 pm

When the bank cannot read the barcode they need the 'anagrama' which is the first three letters of your surname and a control letter. These are on your supposedly redundant labels.

Enrique, yes, perhaps so. I was just concerned that the número de justificante may expire if the tax is not paid within a certain time of the number being generated.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Ok Beachcomber I can see where you're going.............
At least practice filling in one and note your system info when successful. Save and then import into a new session nearer the time of payment.
Operating system and Browser versions.

I notice no one has posted that they have successfully paid the Non-Resident tax on-line from the comfort of their UK casa ( and saved the hassle of even going to Spain) using the Digital Signature. :thumbdown:

Dene1
Tourist

Postby Dene1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Enrique,
I have been successfully paying my taxes on line from the comfort of my casa in the UK for the last 3 years with the digital certificate.
Once the procedures for actually installing it have been completed it is relatively easy to pay taxes and check files etc. I have even managed to renew the certificate online for a further 3 years.
The actual form/program is a pain at times but if you persevere it can be done.
I now occasionally rent out my apartment for a few weeks and have today managed to pay the 2nd quarter tax due on the new form 210.
It had compulsory fields to fill in which I did,but would not accept the submission until every single box/field was completed.The old 210 online did not require everything to be completed, I guess the spanish taxman now wants to know everything.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Dene1,
Sounds like a good result for you.
Any tips on the Operating system and Browser you used, did you have to "modify" your Browser in any way as per the FAQ's on A.com :?:

Thanks

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Beachcomber, please don't say the justification number of the form may expire!!!!!!!!

I've filled mine in but won't be over to pay until late September.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi concorde,
I trust you saved a copy, so should be able to import and generate a new one near payment time. :?:

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Yes enrique, i have saved a copy but can you regenerate a new number?

How will I know my old one has expired, does it mention a time limit anywhere?

Just when you thought it was all over :crazy:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm

A new number will be generated if you do the form again but I think it is unlikely that the número de justificante will expire, I was just being over-cautious. If the old one has expired when you come to make the payment it just means that the bank will not be able to process the declaration. I repeat that this is most unlikely.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

Hi,

What notification if any do you get when paying the Non-Resident tax using your Digital Signature :?:
How do you check that it has been paid :?:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 pm

I do the annual tax returns for my wife and myself in this way and you get a certificated notification of receipt of the return with a unique reference which you can also access online at any time. However, our return is always negative so we get a rebate rather than actually having to pay online.

I would assume the system is similar for the non-resident tax return and the electronic signature gives them the authority to draw the money due from your bank account. Not, it seems, as they need any authority to take money from your account!
Let's go Brandon!

Dene1
Tourist

Postby Dene1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm

The hardest part in obtaining the digital certificate is having to go and have your id
verified at the tax office.I had no problem with having to re configer my browser( Internet explorer).
The important thing is not making any changes from the application to the actual download.The certificate has to be installed on the same computer initially.Once downloaded though you can make copies and download onto other computers.

All previous tax submissions can be viewed and you get a print out confirming payment when you make the return.I can access all my tax payments from the last 5 years and all notifications.

I first access my Spanish account( Solbank) and make the payment from the dedicated tax portal on the banks website.This generates a code which is then entered on the tax submission.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Dene1,
"first access my Spanish account( Solbank) and make the payment from the dedicated tax portal on the banks website.This generates a code which is then entered on the tax submission."

Is this the NCR (or NRC) ID requested at the bottom of the Form when you try to make the Payment on-line :?:

So reading your above statement you can't just submit the Form 210 with your Bank details filled in the boxes directly.
I'm currently confused with the tie up of the Digital signature sign in and the filled in Form 210.. :oops:

Its like most procedures once you have done it , with the subsequent ones you wonder what all the fuss was about......I'm not there yet :thumbdown:

Dene1
Tourist

Postby Dene1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Enrique,
Yes, once the payment has been made via the bank you get the NRC.
On completing the 210 you have a choice of payment methods at the bottom. If you tick the "to deposit" box you enter the amount and the NRC.
If you tick the " Direct debit to deposit" it gives you the option of inputting your bank details.
I tried that the first time I attempted to submit online a couple of years ago,but it kept throwing up errors so I went back to paying at the bank first. I haven't tried the other way since.
I think it links with your bank and then you authorise the payment , but to be honest I don't really know.I saw something somewhere that said this had to be dine during banking hours.
Whichever way,you need to have online banking.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Dene1,
Thanks for that info...............getting clearer for me now :thumbup:
Looks like I will be doing the "Visit the bank" route this year. :)

fuentearriba
Tourist

Postby fuentearriba » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:58 am

I have validated my self assessment with half the rental value and wish to complete a similar 210 for my wife's half. She does not have a certificate so can I act as her on line representative?

rtt3821
Tourist

Postby rtt3821 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Hello Beachcomber-
I did as you mentioned and completed form 214 for the years 2009 and 2010. For 2011 do all seven pages of form 210 have to be filed? Any suggestions where to find instructions, in English, for completing the form? Also since the back of the form isn't shown, do you know the country code for the United States?