Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:03 am

If you save the document it will be saved as a text document to your default download location rather than the AEAT folder.

If you import a previously saved form the total amounts in boxes 22, 24, 28 and 31 need to be changed individually. Previously they all changed automatically.

Remember, the tax rate for 2016 is 19%.
Let's go Brandon!

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:31 pm

Dear Beachcamber 17 01 04

I wonder in the form 210 (Non Resident Income Tax) for year 2017 " fiscal year 2016 " has any changes done for
the taxation rates with comparision to year 201 " fiscal year 2015" 6 which was 24% and 19,5 % ??

Thanks in advance for your koind advices.

Best regards

Arya
Darjatrading

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:47 pm

The tax rate for the fiscal year of 2016 is 19% for fiscal residents of EU member states. (It remains at 24% if you are a fiscal resident of a non-EU member state).
Let's go Brandon!

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 pm

I downloaded Modelo 210 from Agencia Tributaria website, filled in all details (thanks to the good instructions here on Andalucia.com). I added our bank account number, and submitted the form on 27th December. The payment has not been deducted from our bank account.

I went to our bank and asked if Agencia Tributaria deducts the amount, or if I have to transfer it online. The assistant in the bank (Sabadell) shrugged her shoulders in response!

Does anyone on this forum know whether I have to physically transfer the money from my account, or does Agencia Tributaria deduct it at some stage?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi elizabennett,
Don't you have to get a Reference from the Bank to tie in with the Form 210........ :?:

My Bank has a "Pay Taxes" section.

"I went to our bank and asked if Agencia Tributaria deducts the amount,"...........if you had access to your bank why didn't take the Form 210 in and pay........... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks Enrique. I will check out my online bank account. I'm back in Ireland, so I can't call into the bank again, and trying to ask them by phone is a total waste. The person who manages our account always seems to be "communicando"!

Last year, I used the same process: I filled in the online form and submitted it. I don't remember if the agencia deducted the tax from my account, or whether I logged into the account and paid.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:50 pm

You say that you 'submitted the form'. To whom did you submit it and how?
Let's go Brandon!

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 pm

elizabennett wrote:I downloaded Modelo 210 from Agencia Tributaria website, filled in all details (thanks to the good instructions here on Andalucia.com). I added our bank account number, and submitted the form on 27th December. The payment has not been deducted from our bank account.

I went to our bank and asked if Agencia Tributaria deducts the amount, or if I have to transfer it online. The assistant in the bank (Sabadell) shrugged her shoulders in response!

Does anyone on this forum know whether I have to physically transfer the money from my account, or does Agencia Tributaria deduct it at some stage?

Something has gone wrong with your submission to AT. My Renta Imputada/IRNR for 2015, submitted to AT via Modelo 210, was debited to my Spanish bank account on 30/12/16

In order to pay AT online you need a Certificado Electronico, which is required during the process of filling in Modelo 210. Alternatively, you can print the completed Modelo 210 and take it to a bank in Spain

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 pm

As I am in Ireland, taking the form to a bank in Spain is not an option :)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi elizabennett,
Beachcomber wanted to know how you submitted the Form, was it with a Digital Signature........... :?:

"and submitted the form on 27th December."................... :?: :?:

At the bottom of the Form 210 did you Validate and generate PDF OR Sign and Send.......... :?:

What link did you use to load the Form 210 on your computer.............?

If you just filled in the Form with your Bank Accnt details and Validated then it will not work in the manner you require.

esteponaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby esteponaman » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Just wondering if this is correct:

2 properties with separate catastral numbers, valor catastral, IBI charge etc. ( apartment and garage space) but both were purchased at the same time and both properties are included in the one and only escritura.

Is it correct that if both properties are listed on the same escritura then an owner or each owner can pay the imputed rental income tax using just one Form210?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:49 pm

No. Properties with different catastral references require a form for each one. There is no facility to enter an additional catastral reference on a single form.

I have an apartment, a garage space and a lock-up all in the same building and all on the same escritura but with different catastral references and although these are entered on my single annual resident tax return there is a facility for them to be entered separately on the same form.

The same rule applies to non-residents and as there is no facility to enter more than one property on each form a separate 210 must must be submitted in respect of each individual property even if it is only a garage space and even if it is on the same escritura as the dwelling.

Does this information come from the same source as your other gem about imputed rental income tax only being payable by non residents?
Let's go Brandon!

esteponaman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby esteponaman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Thank you Beachcomber for the reply.

First just to clarify , my original source to whom you refer has now been classified as "handle with care"!! and is not involved in this latest query.

The source this time , comes from the firm responsible for paying my taxes and they describe themselves as Asesores Fiscales.

I raised my query here , because up to now I have completed the FORM210 successfully as per the instructions on this forum (separate form for each property) and in Dec16, this firm completed the form on my behalf for the first time.

I noted that they only completed 1 form per owner and I was given the explanation detailed in the previous post.

So, thank you for the information.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:34 pm

My information comes from the person in charge of the non-resident department at AEAT in Málaga and confirmed by the national AEAT helpline on 901 335533. I would suggest the the firm calling themselves 'Asesores Fiscales' do the same.
Let's go Brandon!

froggy
Tourist

Postby froggy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi,

I've entered the info and created the document for my tax (the folder AEAT isn't created on my C: drive BTW, I can just save it where I want) The problem though is when I click on save (optional) at the top of the web page, i can't get past the loading page. I've removed and re-installed java and the applet seems to be working, but it just halts there.

I guess I have two questions:

1.is it just me?
2. can I just submit the forms without having to save them? I've downloaded them, they have barcodes etc.

thanks in advance

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi froggy,
What Browser and version are you using........... :?:

And your Windows Version.............or other OS.......... :?:

This will enable us to have a look at your problem............. :idea:
Last edited by Enrique on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

froggy
Tourist

Postby froggy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 pm

firefox v50.1.0.

I've just tried it in explorer and it seems to work - though the java app sems just to save the files locally - Am I right in thinking that I can submit the forms anyway as i have the barcodes...?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Doesn't work with Firefox 50.1.0 and the Java version of the Form 210 from the English link in FAQ's

You could try the link in FAQ........."the alternative link" this one doesn't require Java and works OK with Windows 10 1607 and Firefox 50.1.0

OR

Use Palemoon

If you have the .pdf Form you can take that to your Bank for payment.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm

When the new 'alternative' form is used saving the file results in it being saved in your default download location and it is now saved as a text document which can be opened in Notepad. The AEAT folder is no longer created. It does not matter if you are unable to save the file but doing so just saves you a bit of work in subsequent years.

Using the old Java based form, however, still results in the AEAT folder being created and the document being saved as a .210 document.
Let's go Brandon!

froggy
Tourist

Postby froggy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks. Got them now.

Still can't get a digital certificate though - an issue for another thread I suppose.