Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm

No, I regret that it has not. You still need to ascertain the valor catastral and enter the amount in Box 4 manually as you do the 19% in Box 21 although the other boxes are calculated automatically.

I was giving the programmers more credit than they deserved but it would be so easy to do. What is so difficult about an algorithm linking the referencia catastral and the date of last revision to Box 4 and the percentage in Box 21 to the country of fiscal residence to determine 19% or 24% even if it were just limited to submissions with a digital certificate?

Springsteen
Tourist

Postby Springsteen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 am

Hi All,

first time poster. I'm trying to fill in my 210 form for non resident income tax. I'm getting an error "DECNOIDENT" Unidentified tax filer.

Any ideas? I have a NIE number a couple of years. Do i need to register it for tax or should it be done automatically.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Best Regards, S

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:42 am

Hi Springsteen,
Sounds like you're not Tax Registered...........you are putting NIE in correct format....i.e. X12343567Y....... :?:

I'm guessing you don't have a Digital Signature either...........worth getting this if you're in for the long haul.

See FAQ on the above.

Beachcomber and El Cid will be along to help .............
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:04 pm

When you get a NIE number it is not registered for the payment of tax automatically although this has to be done in order to pay the taxes on the purchase of a property.

If you are not registered the form 210 will not work and you will need to make an appointment and go to your local tax office to register.

Springsteen
Tourist

Postby Springsteen » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Enrique and Beachcomber,

Thank you for your time and response. The problem has been resolved. The issue lay in me not inputting my name exactly as per my NIE cert. Gaps instead of apostrophe.

All sorted.

Best Regards, S

Beamer
Tourist

Postby Beamer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Everyone
I have succesfully completed my Non-resident Income Tax form over the last 3 years but have run into an issue this year that I am not able to resolve. When I Validate I get an error 'Ejercicio erróneo' I have no idea what the error is.

Can anyone offer up any ideas? I have cleared my browser cache and history to no avail.

Chris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:21 pm

I think you may be trying to use the old form. There is a new one for this year. Please check this FAQ:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39065

and report back if you still have difficulty.

Beamer
Tourist

Postby Beamer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Thank you Beachcomber. Seems I jumped the gun expecting everything to be the same :oops:

Worked like a charm.

beowulf
Tourist

Postby beowulf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:12 pm

I pay my rental taxes using the "Direct debit" method, i.e. giving my IBAN account number and then AEAT charge my bank. This has worked fine before. Usually charge some days after the 20:th in the month after the quarter. But this quarter I didn't have enough funds on the account on the due date, so I was not debited. Now I wonder what to do? Does AEAT try to draw the money again? I asked my bank but I only get nonsensical answers that it "would have worked if there had been enough money on the account, repeat the same procedure again..." On the status statement from AEAT it only says that they are waiting for the payment from the bank. I've shown this statement to the bank but to no avail.

Does anybody have any better suggestion?

Beamer
Tourist

Postby Beamer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:00 pm

I suspect you may need to ask AEAT to re-present their charge or add the amount to the payment for next month.
Give them a call, in my experience are friendly and helpful.

beowulf
Tourist

Postby beowulf » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 am

I'll just wait for a while, since there is nothing in the AEAT site that says I have any debts or so, the only thing it says is "Enviada a Entidad Colaboradora", maybe it will resolve itself... Anyway I'm already to late so I can wait a little bit longer :)

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:02 pm

I have a digital certificate and I've successfully completed the 210 form for 2018 for myself, paid the tax online by obtaining the NRC number and then successfully validated my form.

I then edited the form to with my wife's details in order to pay the other 50%. I succeeded in obtaining the NRC number but I could not validate the form. The message basically states that I don't have the authorisation to enter details on behalf of my wife.

Both payments have been made from my bank.

Is this because I signed in with my digital certificate?

Can you suggest a solution?

My next step is to see if I can enter and validate the form without logging in using my certificate.

Thanks for the useful information provided here and apologies if I have missed something obvious.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 pm

You can only use your own digital certificate. If your wife has one use that. If not you will have to go down the non digital certificate route and print the forms and take to the bank for payment.

If you have exported (saved) the data you can import it into the non DC form.

If you are saying that your wife's payment has been made but that you cannot validate the form we shall have to look at it again.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Thanks for the prompt response. I can confirm that my wife's payment has been made and the payment record includes the AEAT reference number issued at the time. The payment was taken prior to me finding out that I could not validate her 210 form!

I have now successfully completed and validated a 210 form for my wife however of course this form now has a reference number that does not match the payment made. The payment does however include include her NIE number. I hope i've explained clearly.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 pm

I assume, then, that your wife does not have a digital certificate.

I take it that by reference number you mean the número de justificante.

There are a couple of possibilities.

Try taking the paperwork to the bank and see if they will put the form through the system with the NRC that was generated for your wife.

Or, call at your local AEAT office and try to persuade them to match everything up and endorse your wife's form to say that the tax has been paid.

Or, call the AEAT helpline explaining what has happened and see if they can offer any other solution. You will need to be able to speak Spanish, though.

Failing that I suggest you keep all the paperwork together, especially the NRC proving payment as well as an extract from your bank account showing that the debit has been made, so that you can show it if they say that at some time in the future that your wife has not paid.

I would have though that the error should have shown at the moment you entered on the form a different name and NIE number to that to which the digital certificate refers but I have tried it and that is not the case.

I have one last thought, there is still some time to spare until the end of the year so perhaps your wife could obtain a digital certificate in the next few weeks then generate a form in her name with her digital certificate and enter the NRC that you already have. There is a facility on the form to refer to a previous número de justificante, ie the one that is shown on the NRC. I am not sure if this would work but I see no reason why it should not.

Please feel free to come back with any further thoughts.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks again for the comprehensive response. I think I will make an appointment with AEAT to link the payment made in respect of my wife to the form subsequently validated. I have the proofs of payment made by the bank containing the reference numbers generated prior to the validation of the forms.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:02 am

I've now obtained a digital certificate for my wife and yesterday visited Alicante AEAT showing them my wife's completed (but not submitted) 210 form and a copy of our bank statement showing the 2 debits. The officer kindly confirmed that the original debits had been allocated correctly against our respective NIEs

Thanks again for your invaluable help.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Thank you for the update. I am glad the situation has been resolved.

winniesmum
Tourist

Postby winniesmum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Does it matter that my 210 forms have been printed in black and white or do I have to get them done again.

I've always printed them off at home in the UK in colour but had them done in a shop and forgot to say colour. They said it didn't matter to Hacienda that they were black & white. Does anyone know if this is correct please?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi winniesmum,
As you will be paying in the Bank they will just scan the Bar code so you should be ok.

If not then do them again.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.