Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Mrs Peel
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Mrs Peel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Oh, you mean the Lot's Of Trouble Usually Serious. This is my husband's laptop wallpaper

Sad eh?

Anyway, I got into lots of trouble on the last forum, I don't want to get told off for going off topic on my first day.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 pm

A pleasant and humorous, off topic, diversion from a dry, technical thread but, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, please do not do it too often.

Back to the plot. I have just generated a PDF at the first attempt on my Windows 7 computer using Pale Moon. I have failed miserably with Internet Explorer for which I have a total loathing anyway. I just got a blank page when trying to generate the PDF with no error messages whatsoever.

David Stuart, I can only suggest that you download Pale Moon (which is Firefox without accessibility features, parental controls and maintenance service accessibility) or Firefox itself and if you still have problems we can probably guide you through them.
Let's go Brandon!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi. Yesterday I downloaded Firefox and spent a "happy" few hours trying to access the 210. All I could get was the last page. I think Concorde had a similar problem back in June. Then I gave up and this morning tried again but still only got the last page.
Then I decided to try again with IE. Same error message 0115 as before. Also a message saying I have no ActiveX Control installed but I think I have done this (services, right click ActiveX Installer, click properties, startup, manual, start,OK.) Also Tools, internet options security, trusted sites, enabled sites, add website to the Zone agencia....., server verification, security level "low"
Still no joy.
Then read through all of the Forum topic again looking for clues and found your latest message at the end. Have now installed Pale Moon but can still only get the last page. I really would like to pay my dues but don't know what to do now. Help please. David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi David Stuart,
I've just installed Pale Moon..........out of the " box" it brings up the last page of Form 210.
You need to do the about:config mod as shown in the FAQ's,it then brings up the form correctly.

In case you missed reading it in your trawl thru the FAQ.........

If you use Firefox or Pale Moon you may need to do the following to get the formula to show:

Follow these instructions EXACTLY.

Type about:config into the address bar.

If you get a warning message about dragons click on "I'll be careful, I promise"

In the box marked 'Filter' type signed

You should see the following single parameter:

signed.applets.codebase_principal_support...... user set..... boolean..... false

Double click this entry so that 'false' changes to 'true'

Exit this screen by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Then you are ready to go.............. :thumbup:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention that when I typed "about:config" into the Pale Moon message bar I didn't get the warning message but a list of websites. I thought that this might be because I had installed Firefox so I uninstalled this but still no warning message. Now been sitting here for 6 hours today trying to figure it all out and almost ready to become a NON taxpayer.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

You just beat me to it Enrique. Curiously I did not need to adjust the about.config, I have no idea why unless it is because I used the 64 bit Pale Moon installer. That's another reason for using it, Firefox does not have a 64 bit installer.

David Stuart,

Type this into the address bar

about:config

NOT

"about:config"

There are no quote marks

You may not get the Dragons warning
Let's go Brandon!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Ps I downloaded Pale Moon 12 (not 2)- was that correct?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes. Pale Moon is on Version 12.3.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi David Stuart,
I've just run thru the procedure from installing Pale Moon, doing the about:config and importing my previously saved data and generated a completed form with codes , printed it off...Time 10 mins :!:

Beach will probably say what took me so long :) ...My daughter wanted some cooking tips while I was doing it. :roll:

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Actually I didn't include the inverted commas just typed about:config

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Did you just type

about:config

No http// or www. just about:config and nothing else
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm

This is a little on the small side but what you should see after typing about.config into the address bar is something like this:

Please be very, very careful not to change anything except the single parameter signed
Let's go Brandon!

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Thank you for trying to help me but I'm getting nowhere. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Pale Moon. I've had messages from Norton saying they have blocked attacks by malicious web-sites. I think I've been downloading from the official site - Pale Moon project but I still can't get anywhere with about:config. If I type in the link to the 210 form I still get the last page. My son-in-law is back from holiday on Monday so I will ask his help. If I ever manage to get this form I will let you know. Thank you for your patience.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Norton seems to think that Pale Moon is a Heuristic virus:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-I ... d-p/709295

As far as I am concerned Norton is worse than any virus. I dumped it years ago and use AVG on one computer and Avast on another. Neither has issues with Pale Moon which is absolutely safe.

I'm sorry we seem to be unable to resolve your problem. Can I just check that you are typing solely the words about:config into the address bar (NOT the search bar) with the colon separating the words and no spaces.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi,
Best thing you can do...........Replace Norton or McAfee with Avast, they are the usual ones that they foster on you when getting a new system.
Please don't spend hours on computer problems.........post on here as there are always other ways to solve problems, and the computer geeks are always popping in daily.

David Stuart
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby David Stuart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Thank you for all your help. Yes, I was typing about:config just as you suggested in your original guide. I'll discuss Norton with my son-in-law as well. Thanks again.

sunseeker1
Tourist

Postby sunseeker1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 am

Can I go back to Dene1's earlier posts? I have followed his advice and paid non-resident tax via my Spanish bank portal. As expected, an "NRC" was generated. However, despite valiant efforts, I cannot wok out how to present the 210 form so that the NRC and my tax form tie up. When I select "to deposit" at the end of the form template I just get prompted to enter my IBAN to pay again. The only other option I have is "Deposit through a financial orgainsation based abroad" which requests full UK bank details.
After you've paid online via your bank, how do you present the form, with an NRC, to Hacienda?

Dene1
Tourist

Postby Dene1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Sunseeker,
I think you have made the same mistake I did when first doing the online sunmission.
It looks like you have been trying to complete the pdf form and not the electronic submission.
There are two ways to do it,one electronically and the other you fill in and print off.The pdf version gives you the options you have mentioned.
Go to electronic office, then file and check tax returns followed by 210 in the list.
Then filing of tax returns, not the form 210 for filing.
This should give you the NRC option at the bottom of the form.It should all be in English if when first going into electronic office you select the english option at the top right of the page.

sunseeker1
Tourist

Postby sunseeker1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:40 am

Dene - many thanks, I'm with you now.
Nearly there... I now get the options to "Read file NRC" which gives me an error message "NRC not found for form" or "Get NRC" which takes me to payment options. I was hoping to be able to enter my NRC manually but the system seems to be looking for it somewhere?

ellens
Tourist

Postby ellens » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I am attempting to fill in the form 210. My operating system is Vista with IE9.
When the form is filled in the Optional save file doesn't work. When I click on Validate and Generate PDF it gives an error message "In this moment your request can not be met" error code 0115
I then installed Firefox I typed about:config into the address bar & got a warning message about dragons. I clicked on 'll be careful, I promise" but there wasn't a box marked filter. Can anyone give me any advise of what to do next?