Delivery by MRW

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Delivery by MRW

Postby alicia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this. An order from Amazon UK was estimated to be delivered on Monday 26th Aug. Fine so far, no problem. Then on the "track your parcel" page of your order, it read, "customer requested change of delivery date". I wasn´t entirely flabbergasted as I have had this on one previous occasion but was a bit irritated by the outright fibbing. I hadn´t requested a change in delivery date and had waited in all day. At the end of the day I suppose it is not the end of the world, but I just wonder why they fib. Wouldn´t it just be easier to say that the delivery date has been amended due to workload or something of that nature and then we all know where we are. Maybe it´s just me feeling irritable generally today.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Delivery by MRW

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 pm

MRW are franchises.
It is down to who runs the local office.
Some are good some are not.
My local one, for me, is a complete waste of space. They would rather lie than attempt delivery.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Gerry

I didn´t realise they were Franchises. I suppose that explains things then really. I assume the office doing my "non-delivery" was the one located in "Coin". They do seem to be very hit and miss with the emphasis on the "miss". I don´t suppose it is worth complaining is it?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Alicia,
Its good if "the office" has your phone number...............
Our local office..... "don't deliver to your area"....................hello you're a door to door delivery firm , has door to door been redefined......... :?:

Still "the manager" does ring up and I then have a 24km round trip to pick up any Amazon kit.... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm

One of areas I was in had a great fella on my route, very helpful friendly and always arrived as per phone call. The other the complete opposite ! I did complain to the supplier of my goods who got absolutely nowhere with them. I changed the delivery address and they still could not find ( never tried) so in the end had it delivered outwith that area No problem. Good luck.

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:29 am

I agree with Enrique.

After many failed deliveries, "incorrect address" or other fibs, I made sure my office, Torre Del Mar, had my full details. I told them to just call me when they have a package for me and I will collect it from their office on my next trip to TDM. They are quite happy with this arrangement, unsurprisingly. It also works very well for me.

I guess the fibs are based on fuel and time costs for delivery of one poxy parcel to a remote address, so maybe they wait until they have several in the general area before making the run. Couple this to a need to keep their performance figures up to attract/keep contracts. If it's the customers fault they don't show a delayed delivery in their report :wink:

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 am

Enrique wrote:Hi Alicia,
Its good if "the office" has your phone number...............
Our local office..... "don't deliver to your area"....................hello you're a door to door delivery firm , has door to door been redefined......... :?:

Still "the manager" does ring up and I then have a 24km round trip to pick up any Amazon kit.... :D
I don't mind MRW. Round here they've cottoned on that it's easier to send a text to an "english" name rather than try and communicate over the phone.
However, I have a problem with DHL (spit!)
They don't come within 50km of my address, but they offload to a local delivery agent. The package gets marked as "delivered" when the local agent picks it up - even though it is usually 3 days or more before I get my mitts on it.
Recently DHL have said that there's a 33USD surcharge for remote area delivery [ref: http://remoteareas.dhl.com/jsp/first.jsp ]to my postcode. That's even though their agent refuses to deliver here and will only meet me at the local petrol station - at a time of his choosing (when he's passing).

So now I get stuff sent via Correos. They still don't deliver to my door. But the guy is honest, I can pick upi the parcel from a secure building when I please and so far they haven't lost anything. Oh, and it's just as quick for overseas packages and much, much cheaper.

I beleive all these couriers have signed agreements with Amazon and the like. These would commit them to a certain level of service: including delivery times. All this stuff about "customer wasn't in", "no such address", "incorrect address", "customer changed address" is pure B/S and merely a ploy to excuse the coureiers' poor performance. It's not surprising they will lie and falsiify the metrics when they can't meet them, rather than pay a sanction or risk losing the contract.

bigal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bigal » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 am

Never had a problem with MRW in Coin. They had a parcel for me last week and didn't know the address (in the campo) so telephoned me. I wasn't able to understand as my Spanish is abysmal, so they sent me a text and I collected it the same day, apologising profusely to the young lady.

I was quite impressed that she took the trouble to send a message - a benefit of only giving out my mobile, I guess.

Alan
Alan - aka the anorexic grasshopper

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:47 pm

MRW have struck again.

According to Amazon, delivery was expected on Monday. They gave me a tracking number for MRW. Of course delivery didn't happen so I went to the tracking web site to see where the parcel was. The reply was that the tracking number didn't exist.

Tuesday I was going to Torre del Mar anyway so went into the MRW office, who confirmed the tracking number didn't exist. However, on getting home it did work, stating that the package had passed through Madrid.

Wednesday evening I get an email from Amazon saying that MRW had tried to deliver but I was not at the house. No phone call from MRW of course, although they have my number.

Nothing happened Thursday so I phoned MRW and agreed with them that I would collect the package from their office this morning. Great.

Today we were going to Malaga so took a detour via their office. No package. It was out in the van for delivery. So much for agreeing with them that I would pick it up.

Whilst in Malaga I got a phone call from the driver, asking where my house was. I explained that I was out and asked them to leave the package at a specific bar in the pueblo. It was quite clear what I said as I was in a notaries office at the time and he confirmed what I had said.

On getting back to the pueblo we went to the agreed bar. No parcel. Back to the house and checked online. According to their tracking the parcel had been delivered. More, it stated that I has signed for it!

Anyway, when the office opened I phoned them and found they had left it at a different bar. It was there.

Why can't they do what is agreed and why do they lie in their system? If the parcel had gone missing I might have had difficulty as their system said I had signed for it when I hadn't. Not the first time this has happened.

If I order again from Amazon I will do my best to select a delivery option that isn't MRW. Even Correos would have been better, and that's saying something.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I ordered a tv from Amazon,paid for delivery by UPS,tracked the delivery as far as Malaga.Received a email saying it would be arriving Monday,waited in all day.I included mobile number because we live in a pedestrianised area,300 metres from a parking area, and normally get a call to meet the courier there.
At 7.45pm I received an an email saying address was incomplete!
Straight away I went online,to Amazon customer services,complaining about "lazy,incompetent delivery drivers",the person from Amazon told me that she would contact the courier to arrange delivery the next day.I also emailed,the same message about"lazy,incompetent delivery drivers" to UPS to complain..
The next morning I logged on to track the delivery to find it was scheduled to be delivered that day.
At 12.30 pm I checked on the delivery only to find that it had been rescheduled to be delivered the next day!
After another online chat with Amazon customer services about terrible service from the aforementioned"lazy incompetent"etc,the Amazon person stated that they would try to help.
At 1.45pm I received a call from a courier stating that they were waiting for me to collect in the normal delivery area.I collected my tv and went home,and then sent Amazon an email stating that the delivery had been made and thanking them for all their help.
To my surprise about a hour later I got an email from Amazon stating that my delivery costs had been refunded and they apologised for the poor service that I had received and that they would be contacting the courier service to pass on my comments about the problems.
I would urge people to complain every time that they receive poor customer service from Amazon delivery services,maybe one day the couriers might grasp the fact that we,the customer,are paying their salaries.
Rant over. :silent:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:15 pm

ebbnflow wrote:I agree with Enrique.

After many failed deliveries, "incorrect address" or other fibs, I made sure my office, Torre Del Mar, had my full details. I told them to just call me when they have a package for me and I will collect it from their office on my next trip to TDM. They are quite happy with this arrangement, unsurprisingly. It also works very well for me.

I guess the fibs are based on fuel and time costs for delivery of one poxy parcel to a remote address, so maybe they wait until they have several in the general area before making the run. Couple this to a need to keep their performance figures up to attract/keep contracts. If it's the customers fault they don't show a delayed delivery in their report :wink:
I bet they are happy. Why not go one step further and collect the parcel from Amazon etc. That would save them any bother. My last parcel showed delivered on the tracking the day after it reached Granada yet it didn't actually get delivered (poor choice of word) until the next day.

I too use the Correos to good effect for parcels except I have to collect at 1p.m. which is a bad time in a workday for me. Still better than having to drop everything and head for a town somewhere.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I emailed Amazon this afternoon. I too am getting the delivery charges refunded.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 pm

I posted some time ago on an Amazon thread that these people. MRW are hopeless. They refuse point-blank to deliver to us. We have a letterbox in our town house in a village just off a main road but they lied about us 'not being home' but they never even went to the house! When we tracked them down, in Caceres, 50km away, they had returned the parcel to Amazon. If Amazon are so silly to stop using the, perfectly good, correos service in favour of these people then, for us, it's 'goodbye Amazon'.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 pm

I have had numerous deliveries from MRW and despite living in the middle of nowhere some way along a bumpy track, and my offer to meet the delivery driver at a local venta, they deliver right to the door, right on schedule. They telephone me from the office in Coín when the item arrives and again just before delivery to make sure I am at home.

I have also sent several items with them to the UK and, without fail, they have always been delivered on time and with no fuss whatsoever.

I am very glad that Amazon uses MRW and when items from other sources are due to be delivered to me, if I have the option, I always ask for them to be sent with MRW.

When giving feedback to Amazon I always praise very highly the service provided by MRW.

This is in complete contrast to SEUR which lost items sent with them on two occasions and wanted me to go to their depot in Los Boliches to pick up some documents which had been sent to me from an office in Fuengirola about 2km from the same depot.
Let's go Brandon!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 am

As Gerry wrote, it seems some of these franchises are excellent (lucky you, Beachcomber) and some are rubbish (unlucky us). Perhaps Amazon will eventually sort out the good from the bad and get rid of the bad. :?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:19 am

My MRW driver is also brilliant. If I'm not at home, he will go to my work place.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:33 am

Beachcomber wrote:
This is in complete contrast to SEUR which lost items sent with them on two occasions and wanted me to go to their depot in Los Boliches to pick up some documents which had been sent to me from an office in Fuengirola about 2km from the same depot.
I have found the complete opposite. SEUR is the one company where the driver always phones me before delivery and meets me at an agreed place at an agreed time. No company has ever made it to our campo house, even SatNav can't find its way here, but at least SEUR get parcels to me on time.
Last edited by Campo Steve on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:01 pm

I almost had a fight with the driver from SEUR. Before signing for some goods, I wanted to check that everything was fine due to the fact that this was the third time the goods were being delivered. The first time they asked for payment,which I gave before checking so once bitten twice shy.

He got really angry and tried to grab the goods back, which by this time were inside my house. I had to tell him to get out and if he tried to enter my house I would call the police.

In the end he had to wait until I was ready to sign for them but he wasn't happy.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:34 pm

MRW: Mostly Remain Waiting ?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 pm

peteroldracer wrote:MRW: Mostly Remain Waiting ?
:thumbup: :lol: :lol: :clap: