How Do You Spend Your Days?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

How Do You Spend Your Days?

Postby alicia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 am

Hi

After reading post about people being more sociable or not.....as the case may be, I am just curious to know how British ex pats generally pass their days on a day to day basis. Are they bored or fed up or busy and always on the go?

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: How Do You Spend Your Days?

Postby IreneD » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi Alicia

On a day to day to day basis, I suppose the answer to your question is......not very much! I do spend a lot of time on the laptop, LOADS of time on facebook, some here and on another forum I belong to.

We go to the coast 2 or 3 times a week, shopping and for a walk and a drink. During the Summer, we spent a lot of time at our local swimming pool, we got season tickets 20 euros each and certainly got our money's worth. I miss it already, it closed early in September. As I've said on another thread, we do have a social life, not crazy busy but absolutely fine.

Funnily enough, now the 'novelty' has worn off and we are getting more settled, both OH and I do feel there might be something missing..........not sure what yet and we certainly don't want to feel we HAVE to be somewhere, don't want to feel tied, we had enough of that in our working lives. I suppose nothing in life is perfect, there's always going to be a sense of restlessness, maybe? On the whole though, our day to day life is pretty good :thumbup:

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 pm

I spend my time crafting, dog walking, walking to town for shopping, breakfast, coffee, lunch, dinner, looking at anything that is on in the squares. Visiting friends with puppies :) the odd book sale/ charity event and trips to see my family. Also river watching from my balcony, browsing forums and looking for craft ideas. Chatting to friends/family on Skype and the occasional trip across to Portugal on the ferry. It would be nice if I had man again to share things with but then again I am not sure about that :lol:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Today, after collecting a friend from Jerez airport who has returned from his holiday, being very lazy, it is too damp to do anything outside in the garden. I volunteer at a local dog refuge a couple of mornings a week and when not there I am usually making things to sell for the refuge. We meet friends for coffee a couple of mornings a week. Now the weather is cooler we hope to get more done around the house and garden. Our 5 dogs, all rescue, keep us busy too.
I will be glad when the rain stops!!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Mostly in prayer..

anyroads

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Listening to Anyroads.

Mhic.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Dave

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm

mhic said...

"Listening to Anyroads."

Bless you my son !

anyroads

Spanish_Dreams
Tourist

Postby Spanish_Dreams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 pm

working, worrying, feeling depressed, wondering what the hell i am doing with my life...

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Spanish_Dreams wrote:working, worrying, feeling depressed, wondering what the hell i am doing with my life...
So the "Spanish Dream" isn't working. Sorry to hear that.

What's the problem? Maybe someone on here can help.

Sid

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 pm

anyroads wrote:mhic said...

"Listening to Anyroads."

Bless you my son !

anyroads
And praying.

Now that the season of goodwill is upon us, I shall be praying for all the sinners on here. That's probably most....

anyroads

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Last night I prayed for a sinner.
But she didn't arrive.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm praying for a winner.
Dave

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 pm

I just wonder what it is all about ?
Todos somos Lorca.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Working, while looking forward to the holidays.

mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mountainlass » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:20 pm

thinking about how I will spend my days when i get there

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 pm

And fasting....

anyroads

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 am

I suppose the question is really asking whether we do anything different here to what we would do in UK. I moved here within a couple of days of finishing work, so I never had the time I have here when I was in the UK.
We certainly eat out more here than we did in UK. We go down to coast quite a lot (it's only 20 minutes away). I meet up with friends for coffee once or twice a week. I garden here, which I did in UK - I find it harder work here, as the garden is very exposed, and the soil is awful (although it's gradually improving). I was involved in motorsport in UK, which I'm not here, and I miss that, but I've never really made the effort to find out what's available here. I do quite a bit of sewing, which I also did in UK. I suppose life isn't that much different, other than the group of friends we have here is different. I quite miss having someone here who has known me a long time - don't ask me why! I don't shop here anywhere near as much as I did when in UK - i just can't find the range of shops which I like. There again, when we go back to Leeds, I don't particularly like shopping there either now, as all the shops are the same, and they're always crammed full of people, even Monday mornings. I love wandering round the markets here, and in the UK, and given a chance would probably spend lots of time there. One of the biggest surprises to me is that we really don't go out much in the evening, but that's because we live in the campo and once a day is enough up and down the track, and we usually eat out lunchtime, although if we were eating out in UK, it was almost always in the evening. All in all, I can't say I'm busy here, but I'm not bored.
AlisonB

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Interesting post :wave:

Boredom is a state of mind. I am not usually bored anywhere but when I decided I wanted to leave I was bored with everything, the heat, sitting round the pool etc. I think we all take our own baggage wherever we go.

A lot of expats we knew hardly ever went out in the evenings. They used to do the same thing most days. Go to the Super and then a lunch and home for the day. I prefer to eat out in the evening. better atmosphere and more interesting menus. However, the older I get the less I feel like turning out at night. OK when I get there but sometimes can't be bothered.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:13 pm

And doing penance.

By listening to katy.

anyroads