house value

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: house value

Postby anyroads » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

barry said..

"But Dave, this is only the opinion of a banker"

Please, ex banker !

Anyway, I hope I am wrong. Now that Spain is supposed to be coming out of recession, I bet those 1 million unsold properties will go like hot cakes.

anyroads

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

The two markets are totally different. Uk has a housing shortage and thriving rental market.
Spain has a surplus of properties, some built in the wrong place and with no legal permission. Also rental in Spain is largely unregulated and relies on the goodwill of both landlord and tenant.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 pm

barry said..

"The two markets are totally different. Uk has a housing shortage and thriving rental market.
Spain has a surplus of properties, some built in the wrong place and with no legal permission."

I think you have said basically the same as me, without putting figures on it.

anyroads

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:44 pm

peteroldracer wrote: I did try to get an agent in the UK to go for a stepped percentage - 2.5% on the first 100,000, 5% on the next 10,000, and 7.5% on anything above that - he would not even think about it! he should have worked like I did for a while as a salesman on commission only - that concentrates the mind wonderfully!
When was this? Agents in the UK charge around 1% to 1.5% :?

Back to Spain...the number of transactions is so low right now it is impossible to get a true value. Much of it is down to luck. Some months the total sales in the province of Malaga has been less than a thousand. Given that these figures include inheritances and gifts it will be much less. Logically the highest number of sales will be in the Towns, then we can assume many pueblos in such a vast area will only have seen one or none. Despite posts from a few optimists indicating that house sales are brisk sales have fallen in the last 2 quarters.

http://www.diariosur.es/rc/20131014/eco ... 40905.html

I did get a spam e-mail from someone offering to value houses in Spain :o How they can do that accurately I am not sure if there has been scarcely any sales in that street/Urbanisation. There are quite a few properties around where we lived in Marbella that have actually increased their prices :lol:

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Agents in the UK will be few and far between in 10 years time.

There are online agencies who charge a one off fee( can be as little as £500 ). £250 down, £250 when sold.

They take the photos to post online, take any telephone calls and the owner shows the prospective buyers around.

anyroads