BlaBlaCar

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

BlaBlaCar

Postby Mike.M » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 am

From time to time on this forum, I've answered questions that relate in general to how the youngsters around us can move around Spain on the cheap and / or have an income.

A few Spanish friends of ours have had their offspring use the services of www.blablacar.es to great effect, travelling around - so I'd thought I'd pass this on.

The concept is that if someone is driving from A to B, then they place the route/timings on the site and offer space(s) in the vehicle. The Driver can be ranked in the same way as Trip Advisor.

This Puente a friends son got from Bilbao to Madrid for 10 Euros !!!

Use or dispose as is your wont.

gus-lopez
Resident

Re: BlaBlaCar

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:33 am

Just had a good look through the site & it appears to be an excellent means of getting about cheaply. :thumbup: thanks for posting.
Todos somos Lorca.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 pm

What a great idea, thanks very much for the information.

It says something for the safety of Spanish society too, I think, that people are prepared to travel in a car with a stranger. Last year I was waiting for a bus when a Spanish man I didn't know stopped and offered me a lift. I was pretty wary, but he asked me if I was going to the gym and said he was a member of the same one and had seen me there. I ended up getting a lift from him quite often, he's a local bus driver so he was actually taking away custom from the company (but I won't tell!).

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:13 am

ive seen them advertising on fb, i tend to drive around a fair bit - i was going to register on there to cover my fuel costs and see who i could get to ride along with :)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:15 am

I just want to comment about the post about Spanish society which i agree with, a few years ago i got a flat tyre and because i was at least 2 hours walk from my house i would miss a dentist appointment, i tried up the bike stuck out my thumb and the first vehicle stopped and i think he gestured toward bike that he would put in back but i came back with the car to collect.