Amazon - choices

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
TorreDelAguila
Resident

Amazon - choices

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Many of us shop on Amazon.co.uk. Delivery charges for goods to Spain are usually reasonable (even now), but sometimes a marketplace seller demands an extortionate sum for international postage - sometimes more than the goods are actually worth. It can be a good source of extra profit!

If you're faced with an unacceptable shipping charge, or find that a UK company isn't willing to despatch outside the UK, try looking for exactly the same item on Amazon.de or Amazon.fr.

Your Amazon account works seamlessly on these site too, and we've found that postage and shipping costs, particularly from suppliers on Amazon.de, are very modest. (It seems to help not having a strip of water between some European cousins, rather than others...).

Small items from marketplace sellers on Amazon.de are often sent Deutsche Post, and the DP tracking number works right through the postal system: you can check the progress of your parcel by visiting www.correos.es, and entering the consignment number. (Royal Mail, please note.)

Amazingly, many marketplace items on the Amazon.de site are actually despatched by UK suppliers, but at a fraction of the shipping price on ....co.uk. Other UK marketplace items are "supplied and shipped by Amazon" on the ....de site.

Amazon.com (USA), although accessible with your ....co.uk account, is a different story altogether.
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Amazon - choices

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:26 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:

Amazingly, many marketplace items on the Amazon.de site are actually despatched by UK suppliers, but at a fraction of the shipping price on ....co.uk. Other UK marketplace items are "supplied and shipped by Amazon" on the ....de site.
You don't seem to have mentioned the Amazon Spain site. I recently ordered some items on that site, with free shipping as I have a premium account, and they were sent from the UK.

Sid

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 pm

Yes, sorry, forgot about Amazon.es ! Free shipping, but limited stock at the moment. I suppose it should be the first port-of-call.
Chris

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:52 am

I have found on Amazon.es that unless you have Premium delivery the carriage charges are very high.
I was looking at a pair of boots the other that were 24 Euros and then 9.95 Euros for delivery to here in Spain. The same ones on UK site were £13.99 and £3.99 delivery, so I got them delivered to a mate in UK.
The problem is that many of the Spanish site items are dispatched from the UK. I also miss the comments of other purchasers. Either they have not had time to build up or the Spanish do not choose to comment.
Maybe I'll try the German site.
But I do order far less overall now the UK site does not dispatch to here free over a certain amount.