Wells

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
von1068
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Wet and windy Derbyshire ...soon to be sunny Cullar

Wells

Postby von1068 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 am

Am I correct in thinking if you have a well on your property that is has to be registered? I have a vague recollection of seeing this in my vast reading backlog, wish I'd written it down. The property we are considering has 2 wells, they need reconnecting/new pumps etc. Understandably I will get the water tested first! They are the old style wells not boreholes.

Antequerra area, is there anyone who offers this service??

Cheers
Y.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Wells

Postby olive » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Where to start. Firstly you are right to ask.

A neighbour of ours tried to connect his well on land without electric to the mains. The electric company turned down his request as he hadn't got the paperwork. I don't know if he wouldn't or couldn't get retrospective permission. His solution like many others is a solar panel.

The actual process of getting permission as you go through drilling a well is fairly easy and inexpensive. The biggest cost to us was the special unique (to our installation) meter (about 80 euros from memory). It is sealed and starts at zero. The other main cost was the local ayuntamiento % cost of works. The Hydrographia costs were very little bearing in mind they sent someone from Seville 3 times! I suspect you get permission more easily if your needs are greater. e.g. no other piped water, animals, livestock, people living there all the time and so on.

I am of the opinion that it is best to plead ignorance on such matters (i.e. keep a low profile) IF you are not 100% dependent on it. If you are then I would suggest getting the vendor to get the paperwork done. My gut feeling is only one in ten wells is legal (even newly drilled ones.)

I can't tell you who covers Antequera but Hoyo in Loja (has a large almacen between Loja and Salar off the service road that runs alongside the motorway) would know. If yo are really stuckfor a good well pump and installaton company I have no hesitation in recommending Remin electrical (on Loja Fuente Santa industrial estate). His travelling fee might be a bit high though!!

Oh one final point is assessing the amount of water a well actually delivers............

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:50 pm

If you will be dependent on the water for any reason it IS worth getting the wells registered. In a real drought situation Seprona can shut down and cap illegal wells. They cannot do this if your well is registered.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 pm

You can also be fined huge sums of money for drawing water from an unregistered well.
Let's go Brandon!

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 am

Hola

In Chiclana where I live, there are reputed to be over 12,000 unlicensed wells; home owners are campaigning to have proper drinking water rather than have to buy pure water from supermarkets.

Davexf