New Year in Marchena

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jeanie27
Andalucia.com Amigo

New Year in Marchena

Postby jeanie27 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 pm

I know its a bit early to ask but does anyone know what, if anything, happens in Marchena for New Year. This will be the first time that we will have been here for New Years Eve and would like to be part of whatever is going on.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Year in Marchena

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 pm

I've no idea about Marchena, but in 'my' town there will be posters all over the place advertising various functions. One of the bigger bar/hotels has in the past (wasn't there last year so can't be 100% sure) held a sit-down 4/5 course meal with wine; grapes & cava at midnight; unlimited rum whisky Baileys beer & soft drinks; and if you're still going, hot soup & rolls around 4 am for breakfast !! Music is from a CD player but everyone is up & dancing (we were the only English there). All for 50€ (2 years ago)

So ask around at the bigger places - and maybe the town hall and / or municipal website :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

jeanie27
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jeanie27 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks Chrissie, we won't get there until 30th so not a lot of time to look around but I'm sure we'll find something. Marchena buzzes at night so there's bound to be something happening :)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Try searching on google for phrases like 'noche vieja en Marchena' or other local towns/villages.

Do you have any friends in the area who could keep a lookout for you ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)