Digitalisation of details

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
luckyjim
Resident

Re: Digitalisation of details

Postby luckyjim » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:33 pm

I am surprised that people hadn't heard about it. My banks had notices up in the bank starting about 6 weeks ago. I was also told that not complying could lead to freezing of accounts and indeed standing orders not being paid.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:29 pm

I haven't been in Spain since last November, so I wouldn't see any notices in branch ! AFAIK they have my email address, and my last statement didn't say anything, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, and try an ATM when I'm over in a few weeks - if it doesn't work, I'll know why :wink: :)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 pm

I am amazed that internet-savvy people like all of us on A.com do not use internet banking, so woukd easily be able to be aware of this.
I would not be without it, to transfer funds, check that the pensions have been paid in, and that any purchases in shops match the till receipt.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:59 am

No notices or other in my branch of Sabadell, nothing on their website or on my internet account page, so I contacted them yesterday. They told me that my " NIE/Residencia" had expired on 14/2/15, so I had to let them have the new ones at once to avoid freezing of the account.

I explained that my "NIE/Residencia" didn't have an expiry date, they were mine for keeps without the need to renew. After going off to consult a companero, the guy came back to say I was wrong, without having my documents renewed I was illegal.

I asked how often he had been required to renew his DNI, to which the reply was "never, but that is different". Other arguements also fell on deaf ears. I also asked why the bank had not posted information in branches, or by internet, and why this had only been raised a week before Doomsday, and the response was just a stony silence.

I had lost the will to live by then, so I am giving up on them. Looks like a good portion of next week will now be devoted to closing Sabadell and opening a new account somewhere.

You couldn't make it up could you ?

Parilla

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:33 am

Try Banco Popular. About two months ago I started to receive this warning when I logged on to my online banking and I continued to receive it until I sent the details they wanted by way of attachments to an email:

Actually I received the whole notice not just the truncated version which is shown here but if anyone wants to see the whole thing you can do so here:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/PY ... dc86c0.jpg

You need to send your passport and NIE/Green sheet
Let's go Brandon!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:34 am

I'm also with Sabadell. As you say, nothing on their website or notices in their branches.
They have my postal address, email address and phone number. They have used all 3 methods to contact me about other things over the years I've been with them.
Not heard anything from them regarding digitalisation of details.
If banks do freeze accounts on the Thursday 30th then there could be a lot of annoyed people.
Friday is a holiday and they are also shut on Sat and Sun so not able to see them until the following Monday.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 am

Hi Parilla,
"I had lost the will to live by then, so I am giving up on them. Looks like a good portion of next week will now be devoted to closing Sabadell and opening a new account somewhere."

You may need to hang in there...it took us 11 (eleven) months to close a Sabadell account.

After countless letters and unanswered phone calls, a Posting on their Facebook page on a Saturday had the account closed the following Monday............ :shock:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 am

Why not just appease the Spanish Government, go to your bank, do the necessary and forget about it. No more stressing!

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:38 am

It's not the Government I need to appease LuckyJim, it's Sabadell.

I can't do that as they want me to produce something I don't have, nobody else has, and in fact doesn't exist. Any ideas how I can magic that up would be appreciated.

Failing that, I'll try Beachcomber's suggestion first.

Parilla

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:43 am

At Unicaja and Santander they were quite happy with expired Residencias and new green forms with no expiry date. You must have encountered a "Jobsworth"!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:09 pm

peteroldracer wrote:I am amazed that internet-savvy people like all of us on A.com do not use internet banking, so woukd easily be able to be aware of this...
I do have internet banking, but when accessing it, I am usually about to do a reansaction, so unless there was a 'pop up' or similar, I wouldn't go looking for something I don't know exists !

infoseeker
Resident

Postby infoseeker » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:46 pm

The banks have had 5 years to do this, and have panicked at the last minute
Twice I asked Santander if they needed my details, and was told NO, even though I told them I had a new passport!
A neighbour said he had had the same experience, but went back again only to be told YES, we do need them.
So he could have had his account frozen, with all the ensuing chaos, necause he had been given wrong info.
We eventually got a text message after we had given the required details.
If you opened a new account after2009, you don't need to because you will already have presented the bank with an up to date passport( with new number,) and NIE. In our case, we had not updated since 2001! Thereforre the bank gave us wrong info
There should have been a notice to this effect in all banks, to avoid this last minute rush.
Some banks are giving April 28 th as the cut off point
Hard luck, if you went to the UK or elsewhere on your hols, and were oblivious to it!
Nasty surprise awaits on return!
The banks have handled this badly

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Yes, unicaja told us the cut off date was 2009.

If the account was opened prior to that and the bank, well unicaja, does not see passports and NIE the account is blocked. Like I say they would accept the evidence attached to an email.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 pm

The only good thing is that the bank staff are having to do some work for a change. When we did Unicaja even the Manager and Deputy were having to work. They didn't look very happy!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:45 pm

hmmm, now I'm getting a bit worried - maybe I'll email Unicaja, just in case...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 pm

https://www.unicaja.es/PortalServlet?pa ... -necesaria
All the info is there (for unicaja).
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks Peter - that has saved me searching for it :thumbup: I have now done an email and just need to scan a page in my passport, then it will go, together with a copy of my NIE :D

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:17 pm

My Banco Santander account is 11 years old and my Caja de Extremadura one is 8 years old. I've never renewed my NIE but have had new passports twice as I got mine stolen twice. Both banks told me they know all about me as I have accounts with them and I should go away and stop stressing every time someone says something daft like send your details to your bank where you have an active account and are well known.

Sometimes I feel a bit silly. :(

infoseeker
Resident

Postby infoseeker » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Would they feel a bit silly if your account gets frozen?

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Santander Bank was where I first saw the sign which was posted on the Machine where you get your passbook made up. Then I had to do another transaction and was reminded about it by the cashier. I duly got it done. Took three minutes. I would rather be safe than sorry.