Digitalisation of details

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Re: Digitalisation of details

Postby fyfin » Fri May 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Sorry Jim I don't know where that's coming from - people are just offering their experiences or comments which is the purpose of a forum after all. I don't doubt what people say that their experience was of their bank, because I know that probably even different branches will have a different interpretation of the rules.

I was merely pointing out that it is generally understood that for us Brits the only document acceptable as ID is an in date passport. If some offices accept anything else - fine!
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 pm

I am sorry Fyfin, that was not intended at you but a general observation. I noticed that when I first posted it seemed to me that my word was being doubted. I thought that the whole idea of this forum was to impart helpful information., which is what I thought I was doing. I have noticed this on many occasions that what seems to be a helpful bit of information either gets queried or made fun of by various members on the forum.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Well I am very glad you posted, Jim. Thanks a lot. :)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri May 01, 2015 10:02 pm

well. I appreciated it :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat May 02, 2015 7:44 am

Me too................ :D

Nothing on the our bank site , no email etc...........so sent OH in last week to check and was told "all up to date".............so some banks were ahead of the game and had the info sorted.

Cheers luckjim.............. :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat May 02, 2015 11:46 am

Me too. :D I saw nothing about it on the web site, but I took my things in anyway and they took copies. I would not wait for a bank to contact me even if they said they would. So thanks for that. :thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Ok so having take all the required documents in early May and all is in "order", turn up at Bank today to find account blocked, some details missing........ :evil:
So spent a pleasant two hours in the cool of Bank, creating a massive que while the only two bank staff made various calls, played with their screens and chewed their gum...... 8)

Finally emerged in the 35c afternoon heat having unblock the account, paid the Form 210 and extracted some cash ready to start the holiday........... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Ah, now I see ... :)

On this subject, I'm pretty sure I validated my details ages ago, but yesterday I had to make an online payment - went through all the security rigmarole (once I'd found my Spanish mobile and plugged it in to charge so I could receive the security code :roll: ) hit 'Accept' only to be told I couldn't do it as they didn't have my up to date ID :thumbdown: . Luckily I have a scan of my NIE on the pc, so was able to send it straight away :D It did ask for both front & back of the document, but the back is blank, so I just sent the front twice and seems to have been satisfactory :thumbup:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)