Torre Beach festival

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Torre Beach festival

Postby gerryh » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:25 pm

firsttango wrote: Having lived for several years on Southway (very close to Glastonbury) never once encountered a local resident or shopkeeper bleat on about the noise,...
The sound levels at Glastonbury are very strictly monitored and control.
There are off site "listening centres" that monitor the sound level and can get the sound levels reduced if they exceed the agreed levels.
Google "monitoring of sound levels at Glastonbury" if you want some more information.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Fully aware of all the regulations put in place by Mendip Council since the early stages of the event. Having lived there I can assure you that the music was not really ever an issue as often the main stages finished at midnight, however all the monitoring in the world cannot control the volume of 175,000 human beings singing at 3.00 a.m :lolno: but as I said it was never an issue for the locals.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:11 pm

firsttango wrote:.., however all the monitoring in the world cannot control the volume of 175,000 human beings singing at 3.00 a.m :lolno:
Too true but the noise level from a crowd is not the same as the thudding bass that disturbed Wicksey.
Bass frequencies can, and do, carry over a far greater distance than the noise from a crowd.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Correct, but they can still disturb a quiet evening in the Mendips.
However the other person said "We never sleep well ... particularly my OH who is woken by a proverbial pin dropping. I honestly cannot remember the last time I slept through the night." With that statement alone I would say Noise is Noise whatever the source or physics involved in how it reaches your ears.

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:59 pm

detourer wrote:Wicksey said........"We never sleep well ... particularly my OH who is woken by a proverbial pin dropping. I honestly cannot remember the last time I slept through the night. People joke about it but it is a real misery and we are constantly tired."

Couple of days a year....... :wtf: .......... get a grip and get over it :lol: ............ next year do a :wave: for a few days...........lol

Well put. After all this is Spain, the land of noise where the Natives like nothing better than a good party

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:19 pm

firsttango wrote: However the other person said "We never sleep well ... particularly my OH who is woken by a proverbial pin dropping. I honestly cannot remember the last time I slept through the night." With that statement alone I would say Noise is Noise whatever the source or physics involved in how it reaches your ears.
It's my OH that is so disturbed by noise .... it isn't noise that usually keeps me awake or disturbs me.

As I said, it is usually very quiet here at night. Much to my OH's annoyance I can sleep through thunder storms and him crashing around in the kitchen in the mornings making the coffee, whereas the morning chorus of cicadas wakes him up and I can sleep through that :crazy: . It's one of those things that if sleeping/staying asleep isn't a problem for you then it is difficult to understand other people's viewpoint. I have a friend who is often awake much of the night, resorting to reading her Kindle or listening to music on her ipod at 4am .... thankfully I am not that bad, but I do sympathise with her.

All that said, it just seems that we get unusual sound vibes here at times. I am not against people enjoying music festivals and ferias etc but it did just seems surprisingly bass-y on those occasions.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:01 pm

You should know by now that complain about anything and a few posters will insinuate that it is all your fault :wink: :mrgreen: According to the news you are not alone in complaining, if it is any consulation. some aren't as noise tolerant as others and it can cause severe stress.

It is the thump of the beat that gets to me too. Once went to a jump up in the Caribbean and had to leave as it was vibrating in my chest.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 pm

A think a few days away is probably the least stressful solution next year and accept it for what it is.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:57 pm

katy wrote:
It is the thump of the beat that gets to me too. Once went to a jump up in the Caribbean and had to leave as it was vibrating in my chest.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's Feria season so plenty of chests vibrate over there at present. It's the f****g wood pigeons over here that give me "Wickseyitis" :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 am

I always say this to my wife when I crank up some Led Zeppelin :thumbup:
If it's 'too loud' you're 'too old' :!: :lol:

Why not just join the revellers and have some fun :!:

terry

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:34 am

how was El Morche Feria for you Mrs W ?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:42 am

Barely heard it or the Loona beach festival the other week ...... just goes to show how odd the atmospherics are that the Torre del Mar one was deafening to us but so much further away!